Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Wow, Great dinner at CRT

We booked this trip in mid August for the first week of October so I was not even sure if we could even get anything, but the nice CM checked breakfast, lunch and dinner for each of our days. We were able to book at 4:20 dinner on October 5th.
have read some so-so reviews for the meals at CRT so I was a bit worried when I booked dinner. My brothers step daughter had never been to WDW before, and saw that you could eat in the castle and asked if we could eat there, so that is why I went ahead and made the reservation.
Any way I was pleasantly surprised, we got there about 15 minutes before our time, we checked in and were taken over to get our picture taken with Cinderella. There were 5 of us, we got two sets of pictures, one with just my brothers 2 grandchildren and then 1 with all five of us. They really turned out nice.
We were then taken up and seated right away. Service was fantastic, my brother got a big kick out of being called M'Lord. The boys got swords, and my brother asked for 1 too and the CM brought him one. One the way out his step daughter asked for a wand and they gave her one with no problem.
They brought us the pretzel rolls and the honey mustard butter right away and took our drink order. I loved the rolls but was not really thrilled with the butter, too sweet for me, but the others seemed to like it.
For our appetizers my brothers Stepdaugher had the BLT salad, my brother had the Castle salad and I had the Corn and Crab soup. We all raved about our choices.
Our entrees were the Prime Rib for my brother and I and his SD had the Salmon, again rave reviews. The prime rib was so tender and delicious.
The 2 boys (5 & 7) each had chicken noodle soup, and the mini hot dogs. They ate everything up so I am sure they enjoyed their meals as well.
Dessert- The 2 boys had the royal sundae, and again ate every bite.
My brother and I had the Chocolate Cream Cheese buckle, it was very rich and I was pretty full and only ate 1/2 but my brother ate all of his. His Step Daughter had the Poached Pear on Angle food cake and said it was very good.
Just about the middle of our meal, they played some music and the 2 mice came around I guess they are Perla and Suzy. They were really cute, they did spend some time at each of the tables, we were able to get a few pictures. Then the Fairy Godmother came out, singing Biddiddi, Bobbiddi Boo, she went quickly between the tables, there was no time to take her picture except when she was in the middle of the room talking or singing. She congratulated people with Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc and really was quite funny.
I really felt that this meal was worth every penny, we all enjoyed the food and the entertainment, and the ambiance of the castle. When I booked I did not have my DDE card, so when I got there I let the waiter know I had the card. I showed it to him and he checked to be sure we had pre-paid for the meal and then he gave me the choice of having a credit applied to my credit card or a Disney gift card. I took the gift card.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14, AKV 11/15

helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
NCTWINSMOM
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great review. We have dinner reservations for the CRT on 10/25 and this really helps! I was sooo scared it was going to be so-so.

NCTWINSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
lisaj
DIS Veteran

thanks for the excellent review.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

lisaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoyed reading your review, thanks for posting.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
DISNEYJAZZ
DIS Veteran

great review...we just booked this yesterday fro my dgd who is 5 and is ready to dress "just like cinderella sicn ei look like her and have blonde hair" she will love all the sparkle nd we will enjoy the food!

Allstar Music Family Suite April 4-12,2008 ,Nanna,Pawpaw,Brendi,Elli & Blaze.
POP Century May 28-June 3,2011,Nanna,Pawpaw,Candice,Chad,Kensleigh,Gracie & Chloe!
DISNEYJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #6
rcymrcym
Ursula'sMom

Thanks

Thanks! We are going in December and I am glad to hear that we are going to have a good time!

I am blogging about our trip (and other things) at Waiting for the day...
And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
rcymrcym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Sounds like a great meal, thanks for posting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: