Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk Villas, Star Wars Weekend, Water Parks & more *PICS* June 21-27

Background:
I have written one trip report (2004) in my DIS career in the stone age before I had a digital camera. I love trip reports, living vicariously through others, so I’m going to try and do my best with PICS (hopefully Fairy_Tale_Bride has been able to impart enough knowledge to me)

My cast of characters:
Me, TKsBaskets, -44 -the keeper of the schedule, maker of ressies, and faithful reader and poster on many DIS boards. I must admit to Obsessive Compulsive Disney Planning Disease and would be happy to share my MS-Word table that includes EMH park for the morning and evening, target park, our ADRs, and any DIS information I may deem necessary.

My guys:
DH —could be in the AARP but he throws all correspondence from them away quickly, great guy who tollerates/shares my love of Disney
DS ‘Grumpy’—16 and a pretty good-hearted teen, has his ‘moments’ usually associated with trying to awaken him from slumber. (on the right)
DS ‘Donald’ — 16 who is a nice fella but like his pal Donald, gives us the ‘tude’ to remind us what we must have been like for our parents at that age. (on the left)

Here are my guys waiting for the ME bus: (if moons align and the link works)

One thing to know is that DH is a teacher and as such our trips are all on a school break. We have always traveled to WDW or cruised between Christmas and New Years. In fact, our sons had NEVER seen WDW not decorated for Christmas.

Planning for this trip began in December after my—er I mean our– dream of becoming DVC members came true. We had a WDW vacation (POR) and cruise (Western, NYE) already booked and we though it would be fun to go to our DVC resort in June between Grumpy’s football camps. (What were we thinking!!! Orlando in June??? More on that later...)

Here is our agenda (you can decide if you want to sub with us) I’ll try and update this post with what page each day falls on. We were on the Disney Dining this trip too so I'll comment on that also as we go along.

Thursday 6/21—Boardwalk Villas and DTD
Friday 6/22—Star Wars Weekend at MGM (Starts with post #34, page 3)
Saturday 6/23—More SWW and Typhoon Lagoon (Post #52, page 4)
Sunday 6/24—EPCOT & More DVC (post #61, page 5)
Monday 6/25—Blizzard Beach (post #77, page 6)
Tuesday 6/26—Magic Kingdom (post #91, page 7)
Wednesday 6/27—Home...

Let’t see if the picture magically appears…..

Last edited by tksbaskets; 07-14-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: index
Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Still here

If DH has any 'fault' it is that he is a stickler about being EARLY everywhere. The morning drive to the airport was no different. Up at 0500 and on the road by 6 for our 8:55 non-stop (oh the stories I could tell about the times we 'saved' money with a stop ) flight on Spirit to MCO. We parked our car at our favorite 'Park-'n-Rob' and were quickly checked in. Did you know Spirit now charges if you want to check a bag? $10 round-trip if you tell them before you arrive at the airport, double if you don't.

Pretty smooth check-in with our very light bags (I planned on doing some shopping for Star Wars Weekend )

This was the second time we used Disney's Magical Express . This time I wasn't nervous at all about walking off the plane and heading right to the ME counter. It is delightful not to be waiting at the baggage carrier for luggage and then carting it all over MCO!

We were soon in the right line and on our way to WDW! Here is another attempt at picture posting with a better resolution than above...size matters.

We love taking the Disney bus to the resort. The whole experience of watching the video, riding with fellow Disney vacationers, and most important for us - not having to know the directions to and from WDW. Kind of like your kids before they are drivers - they have no idea how to get from point A to B. This is DH and me - "What are the directions to WDW from MCO?" you ask. "Take the ME bus to...."

Soon we were greeted by this wonderful site!

By 12:30 pm we were rounding to corner to our 'Home' at Boardwalk Villas (BWV). Just looking at the entrance I knew we had chosen the right resort.

Not the rare appearance of me in a photo!

The theming for BWV is great! Like you are walking a sea-side resort. Here is what greated us in the lobby with a 'Welcome Home' from the cast member checking us in:

DSs took a seat in the lobby while DH and I stepped up to the desk to check in. Our room was ready! Thank goodness because my tired troops didn't want to shlep their carry on bags all over the resort. I had arranged a grocery delivery with Marge from wegoshop. I requested a 'paid-out' when we registered and Marge dropped our grocery order off with the bell desk and they delivered it when we got back to our room. I can highly recommend Marge

We were on the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) as well and had enjoyed it's flexibility (pre-paid) in December.

Note: no place for a Quick Service (QS) lunch at BWV had to walk over to the Beach Club pool for lunch....

Past the gift shop:

Up the elevator to the third floor (we walked the stairs more often than not after we got our bearings) and then to the much famed "LONG HALLWAY". This is actually the second long hallway on our trek to room 3119. I counted it as part of my weigh watcher's exercise

Next up:
The tour of our family's one-bedroom villa!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
DisneyJenn18
I am the official tour guide for non-disney soon to be lovers everywhere..lol

Great pics so far! Looking forward to hearing more!
Too many times to count! Most recent
Feb 010 Best Western Stovall Inn
March 09 Staying at the Castle (the castle inn across the street that is.. )
Oct 08 Paradise Pier
Sept 08 Hotel Menage (good resturant
Old 07-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Great start. What a great looking family you have. Love the photos...We (meaning me, SIL 1st trip and my DD her 11th trip) will be staying at BWV. So especially love the photos.

Cannot wait to read more.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Your personal tour of our Villa. This room is a regular view. We thought it SPECTACULAR.
The living room with it's comfortable queen sized pull out couch:

'Donald' getting their TV uncovered

Our cute little kitchen - note: used ONLY for breakfast. My idea of vacation is NOT cooking

HEAVEN: Our own bedroom. DH proclaimed one of his favorite perks of DVC is the ability to control his own clicker. I think our TV was on ESPN the entire trip! The bed was SUPER comfy and being used to a queen sized at home, enormous

The cute but uncomfortable chair to the right of our TV cabinet.

As the only female in a household of testosterone, I can't tell you how nice is was to be able to get ready for the day in my own digs! The bathroom was split, with the GIANT tub and vanity separate from the toilet and HUGE shower. Here is MOM's room which is the huge room between the bedroom and the gigunga walk-in closet. The bifold doors you see on the far right is the handy stacking washer and dryer:

Talk about a room with a view:

We overlooked the back entrance with a great view of the bus stop. The balcony spanned the LR and BR with French doors off of both

The other part of the Bath:

Isn't this shower great?

We had the right amount of soaps and shampoo and found the room to be charming and in great shape. I must admit we are not one to search every nook and cranny, but we weren't lacking for anything we needed.

No luggage as yet, but it was time to feed my hungry troops. As mentioned before, no QS at BWV at all. Off we trecked to BCV for a QS meal.

Up next...How hot is 'hot as stink'??? Our afternoon at the "IT" pool, dinner at Spoodles, and the madness that is DTD at night.

Hope you are enjoying my first attempt at a trippie with pics.
TK

Last edited by tksbaskets; 07-05-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: wrong picture - oops
Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Great room shots...and now I know what to expect in 24 days!!!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

very much enjoying.........now lets go...........more please
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #8
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Fantastic trippie!!! Great start. And speaking as a Mom of three teenage boys, boy do I know where you are coming from (ages 19, 15 and 14). Really looking forward to reading more.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Oh my, I so need to get back to my beloved BWV now - I am sooooo homesick for it Keep your fingers crossed that we manage to got BWV at the 7 month mark for our April trip.

Anyway, back on topic - loving your report so far - great pictures and I totally understand the need for your own 'getting ready' space - as a Mum to 2 teenagers (albeit that they are girls), I feel your pain. Can't wait for more
Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #10
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Wow, you have nice pictures of the BWI. We stayed in room 3113. I like how you took a picture of the hallway, it sure was a long walk. Did you notice, the children's foot prints in the carpeting. Plus, my dh kept thinking it was thundering out when Fantasmic was playing.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJenn18 View Post
Glad that you are following along. I took 300+ pictures this trips so I should have lots of good ones to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJenn18 View Post
You will LOVE it. I値l have more pics of outside BWV later in the trippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
very much enjoying.........now lets go...........more please
I知 so glad you are enjoying my trippie. It is a bit addictive and at 1 am I had to sleep. Seriously (yes, I知 a Grey痴 Anatomy fan too) I値l post more this afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Fantastic trippie!!! Great start. And speaking as a Mom of three teenage boys, boy do I know where you are coming from (ages 19, 15 and 14). Really looking forward to reading more.
Ah, a mom who has made it past 16! I have hope. Thanks for coming along with us on our trippie! You will be able to relate. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Oh my, I so need to get back to my beloved BWV now - I am sooooo homesick for it Keep your fingers crossed that we manage to got BWV at the 7 month mark for our April trip.

Anyway, back on topic - loving your report so far - great pictures and I totally understand the need for your own 'getting ready' space - as a Mum to 2 teenagers (albeit that they are girls), I feel your pain. Can't wait for more
My fingers are crossed! When is your 4 month window? My Dsister and I are going in April while 船onald will be in the WDW parade with his marching band. We may try a different resort. Perhaps we値l be swapping ressies?

Thanks to CourtneyandRyan for teaching me how to quote multiple people in one post

Well off to a horseback riding lesson...will post more of the trippie after lunch. Thanks for all the kind feedback
Old 07-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #12
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Great start!

I must admit, your title drew me in. I just joined DVC and when I tried to book our upcoming Dec. trip in a studio ANYWHERE, the pixie dust flew and I was surprised with a BWV 1 bdr. standard view availability! I was advised to ask for exactly the view you had - many thanks for the pics!

Looking forward to your adventures...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

You should get some great views of Illuminations from your balcony!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
My fingers are crossed! When is your 4 month window? My Dsister and I are going in April while 船onald will be in the WDW parade with his marching band. We may try a different resort. Perhaps we値l be swapping ressies?
We cannot book any other resort until September this year. We currently have ressies for a 2-bed at SSR from 10-24 April, which we are hoping to swap out at the 7 month window for a week at AKV and a week at BWV. We may be there at the same time - that's cool that 'Donald' is going to be in a parade at WDW
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #15
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Great start - we are staying at the BWV for the first time this August - thanks for all the pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: