Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #106
winniethepoohsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
My Wal-Mart has this stuff near the maxi pads and tampons... its actually in the asile where personal lubricants (like KY Jelly) and condoms are!!!!
Its near the pads and such, but not in the same aisle!
If I don't see it there maybe I will just pick up the KY jelly instead Thanks for the response Linda
Pop Century Sept/Oct 05
CSR Aug/Sept 07
CSR Aug/Sept 08
winniethepoohsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:04 AM   #107
TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth. Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
It is Coppertone Kids Glitter Sunblock Lotion. It comes in a purple tube.
Thanks for the tip! Since we are all princess' we should be glittery, it will make us look like we've been sprinkled with pixie dust!

Quote:
Hurray! I just bought a new tiara from Target today. I can't wait to wear it in the Magic Kingdom then give it to some little girl the next day!! (I get to be a princess, she gets to be a princess, and I don't have to pack it when I leave... everyone wins! )
This is such a totally sweet thing to do. Another great idea!

POP Century-2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge-2007; Caribbean Beach-2004; Off grounds-2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings)-2001; All-Star Movies-1999; All-Star Sports-1998
TKDisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #108
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

Quote:
I never wear shorts.... I just can't find any that are comfortable. They always seem to ride up when I walk. Anyone have an suggestions on shorts that stay in place?
Try some of the longer bermuda shorts that are in style these days (the length hits right at the knees). I've worn a few pair this summer and have never once had a problem with them. I think the longer length gets you past that critical "zone" that allows other shorts to ride up.
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #109
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
My Wal-Mart has this stuff near the maxi pads and tampons... its actually in the asile where personal lubricants (like KY Jelly) and condoms are!!!!
Its near the pads and such, but not in the same aisle!
I actually picked up some this weekend at my Wal-Mart and it was with the feminine "cleansing" products (douches, feminine wipes, feminine deodorant powder, etc.). I think it just depends on how that particular Wal-Mart happens to stock it.
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 AM   #110
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellynn View Post
I actually picked up some this weekend at my Wal-Mart and it was with the feminine "cleansing" products (douches, feminine wipes, feminine deodorant powder, etc.). I think it just depends on how that particular Wal-Mart happens to stock it.
That's also where it's at in our Wal Marts. It's right next to the regular Monistat for yeast infections.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #111
abeyst
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
That's also where it's at in our Wal Marts. It's right next to the regular Monistat for yeast infections.
It's in the same place at the Target by me. (Found it by accident last month, as I was unfortunately shopping for 'other' Monistat products)

1980 Offsite ~ 1988 Offsite ~ 2000 February Carribean Beach ~ 2001 September Old Key West ~ 2003 February Beach Club Villas ~ 2003 October Beach Club Villas ~ 2005 January Old Key West ~ 2006 January Old Key West ~ 2006 August All Star Sports ~ 2007 December Beach Club Villas ~ 2008 July Saratoga Springs ~ 2009 January Disneyland Resort ~ 2009 July Animal Kingdom Villas
abeyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #112
Fintastic
Living vicariously

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDrifter View Post
How do you deal when "that time of the month" suprises you on your vacation!?
I'm on the Pill, so I can plan to skip AF if I need to. Instead of finishing the whole pack of pills and starting the next month's, I start next month's pack after week 3 of the previous pack. I skip AF altogether this way.
born August 2009

No trips planned anytime soon.
Fintastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #113
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

My one tip for women going on vacation is on the expensive side but so worth it... laser hair removal! It works amazing & is worth every penny, especially if you're an Italian! Thanks mom!

I just had my first treatment & was so impressed after the first treatment that I wanted to share it with everyone!

So if you were interested, it's definitely worth it!

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #114
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Bump for more great tips....
G
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #115
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

Great tips!

Here is mine:

I hated that my family (all boys) got to wear swim trunks and a tank to the parks... they dry really quick after a wet ride. SO... I went to walmart and picked out the girlyest mens swim trunks I could find. I went over to the womans section and picked solid tops to go with them (2 colors for each floral short) So I could change out of the wet top and bra into a dry set. The trunks dried really quick! I brought the slider 1 gallon zip lock bags to put the wet stuff in.

Now I know you can buy womans board shorts... but my man shorts didn't belong on a man and they were $7.99 each and womans board shorts started at 32.00 bucks all day long!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #116
princessofcandles
I am too a princess. Just ask my Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMickey View Post
Great tips!

Now I know you can buy womans board shorts... but my man shorts didn't belong on a man and they were $7.99 each and womans board shorts started at 32.00 bucks all day long!
Isn't that just typical! Men's clothes at 25% of what women pay! Fumes

princessofcandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #117
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Just subscribing!! I have crazy curls, so I love the hair ideas!!

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #118
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

We go in the summer (ie HOT). I made a couple of very simple A-line type dresses. They hit just below my knee. I wear bicycle shorts under these. They are so cool.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #119
madcam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysmom View Post
About that time of the month, I love my Diva Cup! I don't always wear it because sometimes it's a pain to get in, but I always wear it when I go somewhere and great if you want to go swimming.

I'm really really hoping that I don't have to worry about it this trip. Aunt Flo is here now so if I'm lucky, the old hag will come again right before we head to WDW next month. I told my DH that he better hope she's early because I get really cranky anyway and if you add in the heat and humidity and lines down there, well, then he won't want to be around me.
OK just researched the Diva Cup and first thought was "GROSS!!!" Then actually read all about it and read the testimonials on multiple websites and thought "No, tampons and pads are gross. This is actually LESS gross!" This is the perfect answer to so many of my problems relating to this situation. One being, what to do when getting to a bathroom is not convenient. (Standing in lines at Disney, all day cheer competitions, dirty public bathrooms) So I called up my best friend and told her all about it and gave her the website and she got as excited about this as I am. So we both ordered one. I called my DH at work to tell him all about it. He wasn't interested I can't wait to try it out......I will give yall too much information next month at this time!!

June 1983 (Me~7 yrs old w/ parents) Off Site May 1983 (DH~17 yrs old w/class trip) Off Site
October 2007 Contemporary Resort (First Family Trip w/ our girls!)
December 2010 Grand Floridian Resort (Family Christmas Trip.....Whooo Hoooo!!!)

December 2013 Grand Floridian Resort (Christmas Trip w/ Entire Family)
madcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #120
leebee
DIS Veteran

I've always dealt with chub rub by using stick antiperspirant, then baby powder. Works great! I also recommend using antipers stick along the bra line and down the middle of the back- hit the "sweaty spots". I use spray deodorant on my feet, too; get a small cheapie at the dollar store. Let's see, what else...sunless tanner on my legs for a few days before going to Disney (even in the summer I don't get too tan up here in Maine), MOLESKIN, take ibuprofen and sinus pills into the park with me. Hair is always an issue, I pretty much give up on it. IF you have a freezer in your room (even in a mini fridge), try this: buy an insulated lunch bag at the dollar store (the fabric type that folds flat). Each night in Florida, soak a wash cloth (leave it soggy but not dripping), fold it in quarters, put it in a ziplock sandwich bag, and freeze it. the next day stick it in the insulated lunch bag and put it in your backpack. Boy does this stay frosty cold until well into the afternoon, and makes a great midday wipedown. sounds complicated, but it's not. Don't forget that things don't always dry quickly in FL, even in the hotel rooms- don't count on the bra drying overnight, or the bathing suits.
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: