Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #1066
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

I LOVE my diva cup! I was a nervous wreck knowing I would have my period for our trip this past April, but with the diva cup and red raspberry leaf tea, it worked out fine. The red raspberry leaf tea lightens my period, and I drank 2-3 cups a day at Disney. I just used the coffeemaker w/o a coffee pod to brew hot water and then dunked my teabag in. Crossing my fingers though that I won't have my period for our trip next April!
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1067
melissac
DIS Veteran

I have been using a diva cup since readying it on this thread. It has been for at least 1 year and LOVE IT. Yes, it can be messy at times but sure change less then when wearing a tampon which is a huge bonus. Ranks up there in top 5 of great advice I received.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #1068
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

I have really sensitive skin, does anyone have any good tips for hair removal for sensitive skin? When I shave my legs I get red irritation bumps no matter what I do. I have gotten a bikini wax before and my skin didn't react badly, but it is really expensive to wax your legs. When we go on our cruise in Jan. I don't want to have to shave my legs everyday because they WILL be completely covered in irritation bumps after the second day if I do this. Any advice?!

Also has anyone with sensitive skin tried the Veet sensitive skin hair removal cream?

Thanks!
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #1069
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan907
I have really sensitive skin, does anyone have any good tips for hair removal for sensitive skin? When I shave my legs I get red irritation bumps no matter what I do. I have gotten a bikini wax before and my skin didn't react badly, but it is really expensive to wax your legs. When we go on our cruise in Jan. I don't want to have to shave my legs everyday because they WILL be completely covered in irritation bumps after the second day if I do this. Any advice?!

Also has anyone with sensitive skin tried the Veet sensitive skin hair removal cream?

Thanks!
I use veet all the time with no reaction to my skin. Only thing is you really have to wait until you hair is long enough to do it. But it does a good job and makes your legs nice and soft too.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #1070
Ellsbells
Mouseketeer

Love this thread
Just spent the last few days reading through it all.
Going to invest in some Skorts for next years trip I think.
And a few other things mentioned.
If I can think of anything to add I will!

Ellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #1071
fanofWD
Earning My Ears

Haven't read all the way through yet, but love the tips I've read so far! Thanks for sharing everyone!

Me 29 DH 30 DD 5 DS 0
fanofWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1072
manlscott
Earning My Ears

Ladies, thanks for all the great advice on this thread. I have ready enjoyed reading through all of it.

Here is my situation...I have a WDW trip coming up in May. I will have no reason to take my purse into the parks (DH can carry my key to the world card in his wallet) but I will need to take my phone so I can keep in contact with numerous people in our party. Many of my sundresses/tennis skirts have no pockets! So...what's the best way to carry my phone? I have considered a neck strap, but I think it would bug me having the phone around my neck all day. I also thought about an arm band like runners use to put their phone in. Has anyone ever used these or have a better idea?

manlscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1073
Asc341
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenj View Post
I wear a pair of men's boxer briefs under a skirt to keep my thighs from rubbing. It was a suggestion from my SIL and it works great!
Genius!! Thanks for this idea!
Asc341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #1074
Asc341
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlscott View Post
Ladies, thanks for all the great advice on this thread. I have ready enjoyed reading through all of it.

Here is my situation...I have a WDW trip coming up in May. I will have no reason to take my purse into the parks (DH can carry my key to the world card in his wallet) but I will need to take my phone so I can keep in contact with numerous people in our party. Many of my sundresses/tennis skirts have no pockets! So...what's the best way to carry my phone? I have considered a neck strap, but I think it would bug me having the phone around my neck all day. I also thought about an arm band like runners use to put their phone in. Has anyone ever used these or have a better idea?
I often gave my phone to my hubby to hold in his pocket, if carrying two phones is annoying to him, is there anyway you could leave one back at the hotel? It's not ideal, but that way you can stay in touch with your party. Otherwise, that arm band is a superb idea!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #1075
Asc341
Mouseketeer

Bad skin at Disney?

I always thought I had decent, clear skin, but every time I go to Disney I get pimples. Las time I even had a really weird reaction with a lot of little bumps...onnn my face. They went away in about two days, but still, SO unwanted! I try to take care of my skin from the inside out (lots of water, fresh fruits and veggies, good overall diet) and I'm clueless when it comes to skin products.

Does anyone have tips on how to handle the pesky humidity when it comes to skin?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1076
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:

I just did a week bag less at WDW but I wore pants. I do recall a bra with a pocket, I have enough in my bra would not want to add anything else good luck

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #1077
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asc341
I always thought I had decent, clear skin, but every time I go to Disney I get pimples. Las time I even had a really weird reaction with a lot of little bumps...onnn my face. They went away in about two days, but still, SO unwanted! I try to take care of my skin from the inside out (lots of water, fresh fruits and veggies, good overall diet) and I'm clueless when it comes to skin products.

Does anyone have tips on how to handle the pesky humidity when it comes to skin?

So as my dermatologist has told me, acne takes time to form that's why you have to treat when you don't have systems. So the skin erritation you exspearince most likely isn't acne but some other skin erritation.

I live in Alaska not a sunny and or warm standards. I use some leave on lotions on my face and didn't read the fine print. They say don't use in high temp or really sunny weather, common for acne lotions, I have learned. Well I had bumps too when we had a sunny wara week, they where totally strange! So my advice is check the products your using the Florida weather might not agree with them! But that's just how it worked out for me.
jackieinJuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #1078
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asc341

I have the same issue. I always get pimples and blemishes when the weather is hotter/more humid than I'm used to. I find that washing my face a couple of times a day (ie in the morning, when I getting from a day out and before bed) helps keep the pores clear. I also use a lighter face cream than usual.
Stefjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #1079
pawprints1116
Earning My Ears

Quote:

what about one of those little wristlet doo-dads that hold a phone and credit card? i've seen them for no more than 10$ at numerous stores, and even my disney store outlet had a cute mickey one i'm bringing in february!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #1080
kristytru
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Quote:

I have the wrist band to put the phone in (called a Phubby) which I got at ltdcommodities.com. It's just okay...a little tight and difficult to get the phone in and out, though you can work the screen through the mesh. I go with the wristlet or fanny pack...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: