Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #91
fun4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethepoohsmom View Post
I have a pair of black nylon shorts I wear over my bathing suit on days we go to the water parks, I like a little more coverage when walking around. I also like to wear them around that time of the month with bloating and such, and they dry quickly. I was also thinking about carrying a travel size deod. in my bag in the park to reapply and I would also have it if I had any chubb rub or hot spots on my feet. Linda

If you are going in the heat I wouldn't recommend this! In the heat it melts....How do I know this, experience!
fun4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #92
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

stop the chafing!!!

I, too, swear by Monistat's Chafing Relief Powder Gel... its great! I used to just use baby powder on my thighs but this stuff lasts longer!
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #93
winniethepoohsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I, too, swear by Monistat's Chafing Relief Powder Gel... its great! I used to just use baby powder on my thighs but this stuff lasts longer!
I was looking for this the other day in Walmart and could'nt find it, did I look in the right place I checked the with the area with womans pads & such and I checked the lotions and deods but did'nt see it. Linda
Pop Century Sept/Oct 05
CSR Aug/Sept 07
CSR Aug/Sept 08
winniethepoohsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #94
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Skirts in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
i find that my upper thighs start to get irratated if i wear a skirt.

I am not a large woman either and they tend to rub toegther after awhile, i would not wear a skirt to disney for long periods of time.
I agree. My legs tend to get irritated as well in warm weather. I bring a little bottle of baby powder with me for when that happens. I also tend to wear pants and a t-shirt with sandles. DH and I go in the winter, so it's never all that hot. I never wear shorts.... I just can't find any that are comfortable. They always seem to ride up when I walk. Anyone have an suggestions on shorts that stay in place?

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #95
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

I love this thread. Great ideas ladies. I am adding Evian spray to my list, I love this idea. Also, using stick for chaffing...who'd have thought?? I use powder because it handles both rubbing and excess moisture. I use Massingill (sp?) powder and wipes. A couple of things I haven't seen listed yet:

Pepto Bismol (especially for those of us with free dining)
Cranberry tablets (I almost always have a UT issue)
Double days worth of undies...I never regret doing this.
Clothes pins (to line dry suits and bras)
Sinus medicine/decongest. (nothing worse than a flight home with a stuffy head)
Hydrocortizone cream

If your hair is chemically relaxed, braids are great. They protect your hair from the damage chlorine can have on relaxed and/or color treated hair. They are also early riser/rope drop friendly.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL

Last edited by stepdisney; 08-24-2007 at 11:24 AM.
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #96
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

My packing list

Well, I’m very lucky. I don’t need to bring a bag into the park because DH carries everything in his “Adventurer’s Vest” (a vest from REI that has a million pockets). When we head out I load him up with the following:
• Sunglasses for both of us
• Diabetic supplies and candy for him
• Small digital camera
• Bandana
• ID and room key/tickets/credit card
• Baby powder
• Coppertone sport sunblock stick (SPF 30)
• Travel ponchos

I really want to try the other anti-chafing products people have suggested on this board! DH has trouble with chafing on his "Manly Parts" sometimes. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

I also pack a few essentials for our hotel room:
• Travel sized bubble bath
• Travel candle (is this even allowed?)
• Room freshening spray
• Assorted medicines (IB Profen, Tums, Pepto Bismol, allergy stuff, etc...)
My special sunblock that has sparkles in it (SO much fun!)
• My laptop for uploading the pictures every night

I love the idea of sunblock with a little tint in it. What brands are good? Love this thread!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #97
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

The Pill

Unfortunately, "my friend" is scheduled to arrive right in the middle of our Sept 07 trip to the World. Although I am not currently on the Pill, I just asked my OB/GYN for a 2 month supply. She said it is a very common request, and even had free samples to give me. All you have to do is skip the placebo pills, and even double up on the "active" pills if you have any breakthrough.
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #98
EC0323
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MapleGirl;20463568
My special sunblock that has sparkles in it (SO much funQUOTE]

I want to 'sparkle' too! Can you tell me what you use?

By the way, this is a great thread! I have a bunch of stuff on list to buy! good thing this isn't on the budget board!
EC0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #99
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrncess View Post
HAHHAHA too funnY! i hate our airport- always a delay, never on time! And even if we board on time in philly- theres usually a weight on the tarmac "attention USairways passengers, we are currently 28th in line for takeoff"

drives me nuts! glad someone else can join in my frustrations! I just hope we arent delayed for Disney!
My DH and kids went to WDW in late June - mom had to work! I dropped them off on my way to work (I work a mile from PHL) for their 11:15 a.m. flight, so they were early. Long story short - they finally ended up leaving for MCO at 3:40 p.m.! USAirways was cancelling flights like mad for no apparent reason. My gang ended up in first class - which they loved, of course! - but did not get to OKW until well after 8:00 p.m. that night. So, I dress for maximum comfort - I'm sure to be sitting around for ages in those crummy seats at the gate waiting, waiting, waiting while my precious vacation time ticks away! It really is a mess!

beccasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #100
DisneyPrncess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccasmom View Post
My DH and kids went to WDW in late June - mom had to work! I dropped them off on my way to work (I work a mile from PHL) for their 11:15 a.m. flight, so they were early. Long story short - they finally ended up leaving for MCO at 3:40 p.m.! USAirways was cancelling flights like mad for no apparent reason. My gang ended up in first class - which they loved, of course! - but did not get to OKW until well after 8:00 p.m. that night. So, I dress for maximum comfort - I'm sure to be sitting around for ages in those crummy seats at the gate waiting, waiting, waiting while my precious vacation time ticks away! It really is a mess!
i mean being as big as it is- you think they would have figured it out by now? Figured out a way to make it work! It only makes angry customers haha. No one wants to be delayed for their vacation...and it makes me laugh how they tell u to get there two hours in advance- just so they can watch you sit for 5!!

DisneyPrncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #101
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

Sunscreen with sparkle?! Sign me up!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #102
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethepoohsmom View Post
I was looking for this the other day in Walmart and could'nt find it, did I look in the right place I checked the with the area with womans pads & such and I checked the lotions and deods but did'nt see it. Linda
My Wal-Mart has this stuff near the maxi pads and tampons... its actually in the asile where personal lubricants (like KY Jelly) and condoms are!!!!
Its near the pads and such, but not in the same aisle!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #103
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC0323 View Post

I want to 'sparkle' too! Can you tell me what you use?
Sure thing. It is Coppertone Kids Glitter Sunblock Lotion. It comes in a purple tube. I bought it a few years ago, but they probably still make it.

By the way, does it matter if your sunblock expires?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #104
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

New Purchase!

Hurray! I just bought a new tiara from Target today. I can't wait to wear it in the Magic Kingdom then give it to some little girl the next day!! (I get to be a princess, she gets to be a princess, and I don't have to pack it when I leave... everyone wins! )

Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #105
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
Sure thing. It is Coppertone Kids Glitter Sunblock Lotion. It comes in a purple tube. I bought it a few years ago, but they probably still make it.

By the way, does it matter if your sunblock expires?
Check to see if your sunblock has an expiration date on it. Otherwise, I've heard it should be thrown out after a year.

Great tips so far! I love this site!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: