Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #1021
Kallyg
Earning My Ears

Biker Shorts

What are some of the best biker shorts you ladies have tried for wearing under dresses? I'm a size 8-10 and my thighs rub together a lot.
Kallyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1022
Megs114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer04
Ok, I haven't read all these very informative pages, but I need to ask an EMBARRASSING question....what does everybody do, when they sweat in the worst of places...not to sound gross or disgusting, but it is.. I mean, I am not a skinny girl by any means, but size 18, 3 kiddos and I have a "shelf".. So under it sweats, and then even sometimes my chub rub sweats... I know TMI!

So I don't wanna walk around with wet undies on all day what can I do? Btw, we went last time in September in dreadful heat, and no amount of deodorant helped????

Please ladies
Powder and summer's eve deodorant spray. I just got this and love it!
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #1023
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer04 View Post
Nobody has my issue but me?

See above^^^^
Ok, 2011 and 2010 August visits to Wdw. I bought moisture wicking underwear (panties) and use gold bond powder or anti monkey butt powder. I use the underwear for working out when not at Wdw Yes I did notice a difference with the undies. hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #1024
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallyg View Post
What are some of the best biker shorts you ladies have tried for wearing under dresses? I'm a size 8-10 and my thighs rub together a lot.
I have not tryed them yet but Jockey has came out with these that are body slimming.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #1025
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Thank you thank you thank you! for some reason, I NEVER thought of moisture wicking panties... I will google those, and will most DEFINITELY wear some of those babies.

I will get the anti monkey butt stuff too. I just saw this at Walmart, and wondered about it. I bought the monistat soothing gel, so I hope that works for the rub, last time we went, I had a TERRIBLE blisters on each leg and was MISERABLE. Thank you ladies so, very much! I was beginning to think I was the only one.
DisneyDreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #1026
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallyg
I have a few cheap cotton shorts - with no pockets or waist ties. They don't show and they feel great. I also have a slightly more expensive pair from target. A wicking pair. I like them all.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #1027
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

I am a big fan of spanx, the ones that go down onto the thy. They are $$ but they hold up, keep me from rubbing, dry fast (water rides) and smooth everything out to boot! I have so many! It's The I need to be comfortable walking all day, well and comfortable shoes.
jackieinJuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #1028
manlscott
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger

The best thing I've found to wear for days of long walking around the parks are....

Drumroll please...

GOLF SKIRTS!

They have the inside shorts and are made of quick drying material perfect for Kali Rapids and Splash.

I get alot of mine from Golfsmith when they have them on sale... www.golfsmith.com
What a GREAT idea! Definitely going to check them out!

manlscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #1029
Kallyg
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the skort suggestions. I bought a pair of the Spanx and will look up others. Thanks again!
Kallyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #1030
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Bra Straps

I HATE showing my bra straps. So. Much. However, my favorite tank tops cut in really strangely right where my straps are, so I generally wear a shrug or a cardigan or something over them so that I'm not showing. I know it's going to be too hot to do that in Sept, so my question is: What do you do to keep your straps from showing? Thanks guys (well, gals )!

eacosper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #1031
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper
I HATE showing my bra straps. So. Much. However, my favorite tank tops cut in really strangely right where my straps are, so I generally wear a shrug or a cardigan or something over them so that I'm not showing. I know it's going to be too hot to do that in Sept, so my question is: What do you do to keep your straps from showing? Thanks guys (well, gals )!
I wear Victoria Secret bras that have a little hook on the strap so it becomes a racerback bra. I alway wear racer backs (even in regular shirts/tanks) bc I have very round shoulders so the straps always fall down. Racer backs are perfect.
Jenny1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #1032
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
i use clear bra straps for times like those. i've also been known to wear a black, colored, or patterned bra with a tank. it just looks like i'm wearing another tank top under. it really depends on what your bra looks like. test it out to see if you can pull it off. if it's a really funky cut shirt, i would go with clear straps.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #1033
jcchicago
Mouseketeer

Subscribing!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #1034
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
I take a roll of the Hollywood double sided fashion tape with me. I stick one side to the bra strap and one side to the tank top straps.
http://www.amazon.com/BRAZA-S1009-Cl...d+fashion+tape
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #1035
jms920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
These are great and comfortable. They hold any bra straps so they don't show. I actually found some in the dollar store.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_2h83zypmfg_b
jms920 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: