Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #1006
dsnyrn
disneyRN

@Eileen! Great point. It's bad enough that our legs stick to seats, but my backs and arms, yuck !

dsnyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #1007
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Bump Bump Bump

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #1008
ksuskin
Magicbeliever

Here's a new tip. You can replace those expensive dry shampoos with simple baby powder. Put some (some not a ton! Learned the hard way!) on your fingertips and put on the roots of your hair, especially around hairline. It also adds great body. Might not work with dark hair because of the white color, but you can try. Saves me money and shampoo!
ksuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #1009
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuskin View Post
Might not work with dark hair because of the white color, but you can try.
Tried it. Doesn't work.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #1010
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

If the baby powder doesnt work, try dry shampoo! They sell it at Walmart.

Also, take a travel-sized container of baby powder with you into the parks, and shake a little into your bra when you need to cool off a bit! Ahhhh.....
Glendamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #1011
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuskin View Post
Here's a new tip. You can replace those expensive dry shampoos with simple baby powder. Put some (some not a ton! Learned the hard way!) on your fingertips and put on the roots of your hair, especially around hairline. It also adds great body. Might not work with dark hair because of the white color, but you can try. Saves me money and shampoo!
it works on dark hair, but you have to use a TINY bit- rub it carefully,and it works better overnight
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #1012
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
If the baby powder doesnt work, try dry shampoo! They sell it at Walmart.

Also, take a travel-sized container of baby powder with you into the parks, and shake a little into your bra when you need to cool off a bit! Ahhhh.....
Hi stranger! Can't wait to see you and Kat at AKL in a little over a month.

I actually like Ladies Monkey Butt powder better. Feels cooler, dryer, doesn't cake, and prevents chafing, plus it has calamine in it. Of course it doesn't come in travel size, but what I do is fill an empty small spice container with a sifter full of it. It's smaller than a travel size baby powder and to me works great for chub rub, in the bra, or anywhere else you might perspire (Don't forget I'm from the south. Ladies don't sweat down here, we perspire.).
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #1013
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

We don't sweat, we glisten!!!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #1014
tigerbelly
Mouseketeer

WOW! I made it through all 68 pages of tips. I feel like I am ready to do to Disney now!
I will be dragging along AF so I'm pretty bummed, and I don't do BC so no stopping it. I can only hope that I start a day or 2 early so that I will be at the very end. I like the wipes idea. I can't even imagine how sweaty and gross I will feel after a day in the park. We are staying offsite so no breaks in the middle of the day. I'll probably just bring a package of flushable wipes for the kids anyway so..... Also love the old underwear changeup idea. I used to have a divacup that I loved! Then I had 2 kids and it started to not work so I pitched it and just never got around to buying a new one. I might have to.....tho I will probably use the old standby for the trip. I would hate to have a Diva malfunction at Disney.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #1015
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Ok, I haven't read all these very informative pages, but I need to ask an EMBARRASSING question....what does everybody do, when they sweat in the worst of places...not to sound gross or disgusting, but it is.. I mean, I am not a skinny girl by any means, but size 18, 3 kiddos and I have a "shelf".. So under it sweats, and then even sometimes my chub rub sweats... I know TMI!

So I don't wanna walk around with wet undies on all day what can I do? Btw, we went last time in September in dreadful heat, and no amount of deodorant helped????

Please ladies
DisneyDreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #1016
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

Lots of people have commented about dresses being a bad idea while in the parks. TOTALLY DISAGREE. All I wear, all day, every day at Disney are cute little sundresses. They are light, breathable, and completely comfortable in the hot weather. The right fabric is key. Most of my dresses are Prana brand. They are perfect for hot humid weather. They don't wrinkle, you look cute and put together while keeping cool at the same time. I never have an issue getting on and off of rides. Of course one must be mindful and not flash the world, but being ladylike isn't something I tend to forget whether I'm wearing shorts or a dress! My mama drilled it into me "KNEES TOGETHER!"

Most of my dresses hit just above my knee, some are a bit longer. As long as I don't look frumpy I'm not overly concerned with the length. Granted, I am fairly scrawny so I don't deal with my thighs rubbing, which can be an issue when one wears a dress. Although my step daughter who is a state champ soccer player, has TERRIBLE issues with her thighs rubbing and a rash developing. If she's in a dress she wears a pair of biker shorts underneath.

Point being, don't count dresses out for everyone. I can't survive Florida without my dresses!

or flip flops.

or diet coke.

OH and sunscreen.

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #1017
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot
Lots of people have commented about dresses being a bad idea while in the parks. TOTALLY DISAGREE. All I wear, all day, every day at Disney are cute little sundresses. They are light, breathable, and completely comfortable in the hot weather. The right fabric is key. Most of my dresses are Prana brand. They are perfect for hot humid weather. They don't wrinkle, you look cute and put together while keeping cool at the same time. I never have an issue getting on and off of rides. Of course one must be mindful and not flash the world, but being ladylike isn't something I tend to forget whether I'm wearing shorts or a dress! My mama drilled it into me "KNEES TOGETHER!"

Most of my dresses hit just above my knee, some are a bit longer. As long as I don't look frumpy I'm not overly concerned with the length. Granted, I am fairly scrawny so I don't deal with my thighs rubbing, which can be an issue when one wears a dress. Although my step daughter who is a state champ soccer player, has TERRIBLE issues with her thighs rubbing and a rash developing. If she's in a dress she wears a pair of biker shorts underneath.

Point being, don't count dresses out for everyone. I can't survive Florida without my dresses!

or flip flops.

or diet coke.

OH and sunscreen.

I am soooooo thankful I read your post!!! I leave in 2 days. I wear dressed all of the time for the reasons you stated. I was packing last night and started to second guess myself on the dresses. I am not scrawny so I do wear the biker shorts. Oh thank you for reaffirming my attire.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #1018
ashmarie06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allybaster
One of the things I like to get is witch hazel pads. They come in a plastic jar like oxy pads, but all they are is witch hazel. They smell refreshing and they make your skin cooler for a little while.

Chapstick with an SPF number is a must for me. I don't wear makeup so I just use sunscreen and as much chapstick as I can take with me.

I am prone to migraines so I make sure to take my meds with me and put a little collapsible cup in my purse so I don't have to beg for water somewhere.

I think hats are a must, I figure that I am never going to see most of the people at Disney again so they won't judge my hair.

I don't have to worry about that time of the month, I have the Nuvaring and I just pop a new ring in to skip my period. For those who like tampons but are worried about spillage or those who use pads but want a more earth friendly option www dot lunapads dot com is a great website for flannel cotton pads. I have been using them for over a year and I love them. Just wash them out in the sink and leave them out to dry. No throwing anything out. I really can't say enough good things about them.

I love this thread.
I loved my Nuva Ring. I had it for a little over a year. Even though it was expensive it was worth it. Until the side effects took over. It was absolutely awful!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #1019
Plum85
Mouseketeer

What an amazing thread!

My tips are Rayban aviator sunglasses. The shape allows you to skip eye makeup all together but covers up under eye circles and bags. Why wear mascara when you know you'll have sunglasses on most of the time anyway?!

Also institut Esthederm adaptasun sun protecting range is expensive but amazing. It totally blows the traditional SPF idea out of the water. Smells great too.

I also keep aloe vera in the fridge to help cool my skin and I'll pack hot/cool packs that I can leave in the fridge/freezer to cool down with too.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #1020
DisneyDreamer04
Mouseketeer

Nobody has my issue but me?

See above^^^^
DisneyDreamer04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: