Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #946
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question eyeliner

Hoping you all have some eyeliner recommendations for me. I usually do not wear eyeliner but for MNSSHP I wanted to do a smokey eye. So I started buying some eyeliners based on reading this thread. So far all 3 have smudged and I look like I have racoon eyes. I am terrible with liquid eyeliner so I prefer a pencil.

1. MAC Technakohl liner
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner
3. Revlon long wearing eyeliner
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #947
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

Ok..had to share...
I found a great hair product for frizz. I just started using WEN products. A friend of mine gave me some to try first and I fell in love with it. I have fine wavy hair that automatically frizzes in any humidity. I used this stuff and no frizz...none! I got mine on QVC. It's a bit pricey but it's literally the only product I need except maybe a shot of hairspray to keep my bangs out of my face.
Someone told me Sally sells a similar product called hair one..but I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to give it a shot though because it's much less expensive.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #948
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Hoping you all have some eyeliner recommendations for me. I usually do not wear eyeliner but for MNSSHP I wanted to do a smokey eye. So I started buying some eyeliners based on reading this thread. So far all 3 have smudged and I look like I have racoon eyes. I am terrible with liquid eyeliner so I prefer a pencil.

1. MAC Technakohl liner
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eyeliner
3. Revlon long wearing eyeliner
I would love to find one that does not smudge! Anyone ????
Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #949
tjdismom
Earning My Ears

Can't contribute much on the hair front, went short several years back after having my first boy and probably will never go back .... wash'n go works best for me! Although I still need to use a little wax product when I am at WDW as even short hair can do the poof in that humidity ...... nothin' like having Q-tip head in all you photopass pics!

The best eyeliner I have found recently is not an eyeliner at all....it is actually eyeshadow applied with a great brush. I recently purchased an eyeshadow set by philosophy online and it came with a great brush, really thin and tight on one end and thick on the other. The thin tight end you apply the dark shadow like an eyeliner and the other end you use for the medium and highlighter colour. I coach university soccer and run road races and have had no smudge or running yet....even in the rain.

Tips for saving money include bringing glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces from dollar store for evenings in the park (we also bring light-up souveniers purchased in previous trips and just renew batteries). We also order flats of water to be delivered to our resort on arrival day and bring crystal light singles for extra flavour when needed.
tjdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #950
hthrbells
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
I would love to find one that does not smudge! Anyone ????
I like Makeup Forever

hthrbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #951
PinkGrits
Earning My Ears

Boots in December?

We are going to WDW the middle of December. I was wondering if anyone has ever worn comfortable boots to the parks when it is cool outside? I love boots, but finding comfortable ones is a challenge. I have the traditional Uggs, but unless it is freezing at the World, I don't think these are an option.

Am I crazy even considering this?

If it is warm weather, I have my Keen Whisper sandals ..... which are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet!
PinkGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #952
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
Ok..had to share...
I found a great hair product for frizz. I just started using WEN products. A friend of mine gave me some to try first and I fell in love with it. I have fine wavy hair that automatically frizzes in any humidity. I used this stuff and no frizz...none! I got mine on QVC. It's a bit pricey but it's literally the only product I need except maybe a shot of hairspray to keep my bangs out of my face.
Someone told me Sally sells a similar product called hair one..but I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to give it a shot though because it's much less expensive.
I also love WEN for the same reasons and also from QVC. It is pricey but it lasts a long time. I have shorter hair and only need a few pumps. Love it
also because I color my hair and the color does not fade. It is shamoo and conditioner in one.
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #953
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I ended up buying a single pack of the hairone from Sally's. It is supposed to work the same as Wen. For me it was not very good at all. I'll stick to Wen!
I'm completely addicted!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #954
purpblonde
Earning My Ears

what to carry

The hair in Florida is just forget it. Pull it back and call it a day. Wouldn't a back pack be better than a purse. You can wear it and forget it. Take water bottles (frozen at first). We take grapes that we have frozen too.
Thanks
purpblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #955
purpblonde
Earning My Ears

Hair

Another hair product that is really good is Morrocan oil. I use the oil and some cream right at the end of drying. It works miracles in hot humid weather and can be bought at Sally's
purpblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #956
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

would love to find out some opinions on Living Proof products....I have long, thick, curly, dry hair (what a combination!) it too is pricey like Wen ( I also have Wen but I need more) so just wondered on thoughts of Living Proof

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

yrdlyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #957
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

I went out and bought a small (but pricey) Living Proof for frizz (for wave---just to make no frizz not straight) and I like it. It works pretty well...Its hasnt been "summer" humidity but it has been raining for like 44 days.

Now to find a good, smudge proof, long lasting eyeliner (prefer pencil) and blush!

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

yrdlyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #958
bah782
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
i find that my upper thighs start to get irratated if i wear a skirt.

I am not a large woman either and they tend to rub toegther after awhile, i would not wear a skirt to disney for long periods of time.
There is a great ointment for this problem. I actually found the tip on here a few years ago. I call it the "chub rub lotion" but it is made by Monostat and I think they call it Anti-Chafing Gel. It is in the section where they sell the yeast infection meds and it's usually on the bottom shelf. You rub it on the inside of your thighs and it drys clear and feels smooth & powdery. Believe it or not you can also use it on your face as a makeup primer under your foundation. It helps your makeup go on smooth and last longer and without the greasy feeling and it doesn't block your pores.
bah782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #959
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Okay, time to get back to that Time of Month question.....

I called to get into the Dr. 3 weeks ago so that I could go on the pill a couple months before my trip with hubby without kids. Her earliest opening... January Are you kidding me???? My trip is next month and guess who is supposed to be tagging along? TOM

Besides the 4 ibuprophin trick, are there any other tricks to lighten up Aunt Flo? Is there a suppliment that helps? anything over the counter?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #960
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpblonde View Post
Another hair product that is really good is Morrocan oil. I use the oil and some cream right at the end of drying. It works miracles in hot humid weather and can be bought at Sally's
I finally splurged and bought this last night. Tried it and honestly I can see and feel a huge difference in my hair. I want to cry I'm so happy! Thanks all you DISers who mentioned this product! I hope it keeps working like this.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: