Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #916
Kairi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen29 View Post
Awhile ago someone recommended a Swiss army
Shoulder bag for the parks.. I forgot the name of it and
Can't find the post. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks
I've seen this one mentioned a few times...

http://www.target.com/SwissGear-Vert..._qi_detaillink

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #917
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

It's taken me a couple of days but I've read through this.entire.thread. WHEW! This is a ton of great info! And just when you think you've heard it all...

DIVA CUP?!? Where have you been all my life? I've *never* been able to tolerate tampons, so I'm the woman (approaching 40) who is still wearing these submarine sandwich looking pads every month. I don't know why, but tampons are very painful for me, and very uncomfortable (I'm just always aware that it's there). Also, they just never really work. I mean, if I'm wearing a tampon AND a liner/thin pad, what's the point? And I have given birth twice, so it's not a, ummm, size issue lol. Btw, is there a *blushing* emoticon???

So, I'm off to do some more research and find out how I can become a secretly proud Diva Cup owner. Last year, AF surprised me during our vacay, and YES, pads/tampons are expensive at WDW. But the old hag won't be around for our trip this year

Thanks so much, ladies! You never know what tidbit if info might really help someone else out!

Always dreaming about our yearly September trip .
Svhadden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #918
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

Diva Cup

I just picked up some disposable ones called Instead at wal-mart. Going to give them a try before ordering my diva cup. Hope they live up to the hype.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #919
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
I just picked up some disposable ones called Instead at wal-mart. Going to give them a try before ordering my diva cup. Hope they live up to the hype.
I use the instead cups regularly. I do have a diva cup, but find that it leaks. I have stopped before I got through the learning curve

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #920
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

As an Alaskan lady I go tanning before traveling "down south" as we say. Because otherwise I burn, I do use sun screen as well. Also I wear skirts and dresses knee length and breezy. I have never had issues with getting wet or getting in and out of rides. The key for me to comfortable skirts is spanx, the ones that come down to mid thy. They are a bit pricey but make it so comfortable and smooth everything out
jackieinJuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #921
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I use the instead cups regularly. I do have a diva cup, but find that it leaks. I have stopped before I got through the learning curve
I may give them a try first. I did see them in Walgreens last night. One thing about the Diva cup that caught my eye is that it's available in different sizes. I mean, let's face it, things change as we age and have babies

Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #922
mommy2emily
Mouseketeer

Couple of questions.
Moleskin - Do I apply the sticky over the blister or cut a piece out to protect the blister?

Bodyglide - just rub the stick on the thighs to prevent chaffing?

Bodyglide - rub on the feet for blisters?

Thanks
mommy2emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #923
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

My "time of the month" was supposed to be the 10th, but, of course, I am extremely late (the one month I wanted it on time) and I am sure I will have it on my vacation sometime during the 24th-30th. I'm really upset - I need this trip more than anything and I'm afraid it's going to completely ruin it. Any tips?
xkaittloveex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #924
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Bump please.
xkaittloveex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #925
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2emily View Post
Couple of questions.
Moleskin - Do I apply the sticky over the blister or cut a piece out to protect the blister?

Thanks
Moleskin should be applied to avoid blisters. I would suggest blister bandages once you have one. I use the bodyglide on my feet and just rub it everywhere...put the moleskin on first though!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #926
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
My "time of the month" was supposed to be the 10th, but, of course, I am extremely late (the one month I wanted it on time) and I am sure I will have it on my vacation sometime during the 24th-30th. I'm really upset - I need this trip more than anything and I'm afraid it's going to completely ruin it. Any tips?
I've never done it, but several ladies on this thread have suggested that if you're on the pill, just skip your sugar pills, and go straight to the next months pills. This will keep your period from coming (maybe some spotting?). However, a couple of ladies have said that when they went back to their regular pill routine, their periods were crazy.

Again, I'm not on the pill, so I can't speak from experience. If you're not on the pill, some have said they went to their dr. and got a short prescription, just because they knew their period would come during their vacay.

Other than those two options, I think your only choice is to make sure you have pads/tampons when AF hits!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #927
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2emily View Post
Couple of questions.

Thanks
Bodyglide - rub anywhere you think will get chafing or blisters. Can't hurt anything. Some women have this problem with their bras from sweat too. Moleskin, definitely don't put it on a blister! I made this mistake once and it was sooo sticky it ripped the blister wide open when I took it off. Definitely get some other kind of bandage if you DO get a blister, and to prevent them, just cut a piece of the moleskin to put where you are prone to get them.

Quote:
I'm assuming since you said you're late, you're not on the pill? If that's the case, there isn't a ton you can do that I can think of. But I do recommend bringing those adhesive heating pads for cramps. They really help me, coupled with midol, and it makes it a little more bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svhadden View Post
I've never done it, but several ladies on this thread have suggested that if you're on the pill, just skip your sugar pills, and go straight to the next months pills. This will keep your period from coming (maybe some spotting?). However, a couple of ladies have said that when they went back to their regular pill routine, their periods were crazy.

Again, I'm not on the pill, so I can't speak from experience. If you're not on the pill, some have said they went to their dr. and got a short prescription, just because they knew their period would come during their vacay.

Other than those two options, I think your only choice is to make sure you have pads/tampons when AF hits!!!
I have been on the standard monthly pill and am currently on Seasonique, where you get your period once every 3 months. I have, multiple times, skipped period week (the sugar pills) and started right onto my next pack. It did cause for some spotting the first few times I did it, but my body eventually got used to it. With the pill I'm on now where you get your period once every three months, it causes for more spotting when I skip because then you go 6 months with no period. There is no harm in doing this though, and your doctor will even verify it. After skipping a month, I did not experience my next period to be crazy or heavier. It was just normal.

I would advise against getting a birth control prescription just to avoid your period on vacation. It takes your body several months to adjust to birth control, so your period could be very heavy (or maybe even non-existant) for a while. So it may backfire on you. Also, you could experience spotting, heavier cramps, etc. for a while too. I'd say to be safe, you should really be on birth control 6-8 months ahead of time so your body can adjust and you can get a normal period going with it. But do be aware that even when used to it, it sometimes still has adverse affects. While you may avoid a period on vacation, it might make the rest of your periods awful to deal with.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #928
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty sure earlier on this thread someone suggested taking 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours during your period... it won't make your period go away, but cramps and "flow" will be lighter.
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #929
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmommy View Post
Trinity-I recently got the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light from Sephora and I really like it. I've even been wearing it alone without foundation/powder on top and it mattifies my skin, even in the 102 degree weather we've had lately.
The Smashbox primer is pretty much exactly the same formula as Monistat's anti-chafing gel (found in the feminine products section of your local pharmacy), but Monistat is a fraction of the cost! If you're not bothered by the label/brand name (!), pick up a tube at the pharmacy instead. This stuff works beautifully!
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #930
Jonell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I've seen this one mentioned a few times...

http://www.target.com/SwissGear-Vert..._qi_detaillink
This is a great bag. I bought it for my DS 10 to use at WDW. He's used it the last 3 trips and it still looks new.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: