Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #901
SiAmCrAzY
Mouseketeer

Have to say I will not go without my yes to cucumbers facial towlettes, great for getting BE & sunscreen off at the end of they day. They are supper gentle and refreshing. They are pretty cheap to walgreens has a big bag for $5 and Target has a travel pouch for $1.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #902
luckyBelle
Earning My Ears

Try these for your nails!

I don't typically use any type of nail polish, mainly because I don't have the time to put it on, and because it always seems to chip within 2-3 days, even if I have them professionally done. Earlier in the summer, my daughters and I just for fun tried the Sally Hansen nail polish strips that are like stickers. They are fabulous! YOu clean your nails, then apply by peeling and sticking the color or pattern at the base of your nail, then slightly stretching them to the end of your nails. Then there will be a little excess, that you use a nail file to just file away. They come in many solid colors or patterns . We used the pink camo pattern and they lasted on all of us for two weeks! Truly the new growth at the base of my nail showed before it started to chip at the tips. Then once it did start to chip on the tips, I just used a nail file again to smooth it out and presto! THey looked new again. I will definitely use these again!

These were worn doing dishes every day, going to the pool multiple times, showering, etc etc.
luckyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #903
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairbear View Post
Hi ladies!

This thread is fantastic! I have learned so much already and now have a list of must trys before our trip.

Question: For those of you that wear dresses in the park, what kind of shoes do you wear that look good with the dress and don't kill your feet?

This is something that I have struggled with on our past few trips as I am much more comfortable in sun dresses than shorts or pants.
I wear the Sketcher's Tone Up Flip Flops, they're just like the Fit Flops, but in the other brand. Both provide lots of support and are great for walking in WDW!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #904
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I will be wearing a dress for the first time on our trip next month and I am going to wear my black tevas. They are really comfortable a look great with my very casual dress.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #905
StitchSpawn
Florida Mouseketeer

So, I live in Florida and the great thing is I'm used to the weather (not like it doesnt get hot to me ;P) and I don't have to buy anything I won't generally use again.

makeup / skincare / tanning?
Fake tan, tinted moisturizer, Tarte tint products, my skin is used to florida

How do you choose clothing to wear / shoes?
I really like VS yoga pants, the ones w/o the foldover band, b/c those fall down (at least on me), I like any of the classic pants, I usually just wear them in black and they are very lightweight and meant as semi-workout clothes. Blue jeans (I don't wear shorts, dresses) If I wear crops, they are definitely Vs yoga crops, but I have never worn them, the pants are so lightweight, and breathable, I don't have to. A few different good bras, tanks, short sleeve shirts. (summer of course) For winter, those earpockets work really well instead of earmuffs. It can get chilly by NYE.

What are your *essentials* when packing for WDW?
everything...lol and anything I can stuff in my suit case that there is even a slight chance I might need or want,

How do you manage your hair? ( that florida humidity and heat is so unforgiving! Speaking of...)
My hair does really well in this weather, maybe it's used to it? I used BIG SEXY HAIR root mousse for volume, it's designed for humidity and John Frieda hair spray and hair serum. I also use coconut oil and apple cider vinager in my hair (weird but it works, using separately of course).

What are your tips for dealing with the heat?
water and more water and more water and a fan that doesn't spray water -.-but keeps you cool & DRY, hair up, switch b/w sneakers and snadals (if you have room in your bag) blotting papers for face, ice packs frozen (the soft kind) and when I'm at home I just avoid "outside" between 12pm and 4pm

How do you deal when "that time of the month" suprises you on your vacation!? I don't have to...it's called the pill. I could go into how to you can adjust your cycle so your not "in that time of the month" when on vacation, but I think if your interested, ask your doctor. I am a health care professional, but not a doctor.

How do you deal with the men folk / children / even other women!
I "deal" with them based on their behavior. Most people are really tolerant, you get a few nutcases, but we can all be a little nutty. Be extra understanding of kids, everyone's, not just your own. They are kids after all. And I think the bigger tolerance issue is being around people from all over the country and the world, their can some culture clashes.

How do you plan for your trip?
neurotically I am currently putting a trip binder together, I'll show it when I'm finished.

How do you save money on your vacation?
I save up as much I can in advance and things I know I need to buy I try to buy a little at a time, and look for deals (although I totally forgot to use discount today and was kind of upset I forgot...ok I still am )

what are your strategies for the parks / what rides / shows / parades?
everyone's strategy has to be different to fit the family and vacation

your strategies for the bus lines and transportation?
show up 20-30 min early, plan on it taking you 45min to an hour to reach your destination

what resorts do you choose and why?
I choose ASM b/c it was cheapest last time I went, and this time I will be staying with family at SSR 2bdrm Villa, b/c it was cheaper than 2moderate rooms at POR for the 5 of us, 4 adults, 1 child. DVC rental points system. My mother-in-law got a great deal. Whatever works
StitchSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #906
mnlibzi
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. ♥ Bring back VMK ! Ooo 11:11, Make a Wish! ;)

Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow in a Land of Magical Immortal Unicorns (Minnesota)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyBelle View Post
I don't typically use any type of nail polish, mainly because I don't have the time to put it on, and because it always seems to chip within 2-3 days, even if I have them professionally done. Earlier in the summer, my daughters and I just for fun tried the Sally Hansen nail polish strips that are like stickers. They are fabulous! YOu clean your nails, then apply by peeling and sticking the color or pattern at the base of your nail, then slightly stretching them to the end of your nails. Then there will be a little excess, that you use a nail file to just file away. They come in many solid colors or patterns . We used the pink camo pattern and they lasted on all of us for two weeks! Truly the new growth at the base of my nail showed before it started to chip at the tips. Then once it did start to chip on the tips, I just used a nail file again to smooth it out and presto! THey looked new again. I will definitely use these again!

These were worn doing dishes every day, going to the pool multiple times, showering, etc etc.
I have used these also, and they are amazing...!

Upcoming Trips:
2011 Disney Cruise 5 Days ( Dream Ship ) August 16th to the 21th + 2 Days at Magic Kingdom

Go Glee!:D Go CHICO the Immortal Unicorn! Mr. Chicken Whaley the Whale! BANANA POWER! Magic makes Dreams come true. Wonder bringings a Fantasy to life.

♥ Disney Quotes are never forgotten. ♥ Gotta Love Disney!Magic KingdomEpcotHollywood StudiosAnimal KingdomLove Disney Forever
mnlibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #907
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetter View Post
What do you women recommend for sweating between the legs and panty line area? Everytime I am outside in the heat I sweat so much down there that I feel like I have pee'd in my pants. I have tried using powder but that doesn't seem to help.Any other suggestions? TIA
I use stick antiperspirant and then sprinkle with baby powder so it's not tacky/sticky. It works pretty well... I've used in on thighs, panty lines, under my breasts, etc. DON"T expect miracles in Florida in the sun, but I find this helps a LOT. For my feet, I use an antiperspirant spray (Suave baby powder scent works really well) before powdering.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #908
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Quote:

Totally need to check these out!!! Thanks for the tip!

I also find to get regular nail polish to last longer, buff your nails and remove any visible ridges from your nails. This will help the polish to adhere to the nail. I find it really cuts down on chipping.

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #909
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
Totally need to check these out!!! Thanks for the tip!

I also find to get regular nail polish to last longer, buff your nails and remove any visible ridges from your nails. This will help the polish to adhere to the nail. I find it really cuts down on chipping.
A day or two before I leave, I always get my nails done professionally. (Technically I have solar nails, but at the current time am having them painted, instead of keeping them pink and white). Using the ultraviolet light to 'bake' the polish on keeps them from chipping for several weeks, plus my nail tech is very talented at painting a Mickey design on both my toes and also a couple of fingers. She and her cohorts seem to have alot of fun with it. Once instead of Mickey heads with swirls like she usually does for my Disney trips, she told me she wanted to paint a beach scene. I was a little unsure, but told her to do what she wanted. She painted my fingernails blue then painted a orange, yellow and black beach scene on each finger. A couple had palm trees, a couple had seagulls, and each hand had one with a pretty sunset and palm tree. She then painted my toes blue to match and painted a beach sunset with palm tree on just my big toes. The polish always lasts several weeks without chipping.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-27-2011 at 07:47 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #910
AlohaKeke
Earning My Ears

Hello Ladies! thanks for the great tips!!

I'm wondering - cream eye shadow... is it considered a liquid for packing purposes?
AlohaKeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #911
jenjen29
Earning My Ears

Swiss Army Bag?

Awhile ago someone recommended a Swiss army
Shoulder bag for the parks.. I forgot the name of it and
Can't find the post. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks
jenjen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #912
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen29 View Post
Awhile ago someone recommended a Swiss army
Shoulder bag for the parks.. I forgot the name of it and
Can't find the post. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks
There was a Swiss Gear brand bag that Target sells that has been mentioned a lot on the boards. I just looked on their website and didn't see it, but there is a slightly different sling bag online.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #913
jenjen29
Earning My Ears

Thanks Michelle!

You're right I thought I remember target
Being mentioned but didn't see it there either.
Go Redsox!! Hubby is a huge fan... I miss Lowell!
jenjen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #914
mommy2emily
Mouseketeer

Great tips, keep em coming!
mommy2emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #915
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great tips! Thanks ladies!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: