Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #856
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Thank you!

Do I have to wear socks to bed? Or does it soak it up quickly?
I like Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme too but I think it's too greasy to put on & not wear socks for a while afterwards. I've tried it a couple of times in the morning, when I was going to wear socks anyway. As long as I don't put it on my toes, this works fine. If I rub it over my toes, they feel slippery all day. I've also used it earlier in the evening so I can take my socks off before bed.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #857
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone! I will get a pedicure this weekend to kick off summer!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #858
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Apparently I am just FULL of questions for you fine ladies.

What kind of sunglasses do you recommend? Do you go cheapo or spend some serious cash on designer. Where do you buy them?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #859
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Okay I just used my burts bees coconut foot cream, will see how that works out. Okay sunglasses I have had the expensive $200 + glasses by Maui Jim but the ones that I like the most are the foster grants that my DH bought me at Walgreens go figure.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #860
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

As someone who both had sunglasses break (pair 1) and lost a pair on the Maelstrom (pair 2...and oddly enough I happened to glace at the boat number so I was able to tell someone and get them back) Don't take your expensive ones!!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #861
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

I always bring a couple pairs to Disney. If they break or if they get lost, I want a back up. I usually bring an inexpensive pair to Disney. A few trips ago, I actually got the Minnie Mouse pair they were selling in the stores, red and white with polka-dots, and love them. I get TONS of compliments on them when I wear them!
ysprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #862
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

And if you lose or break them at Disney, they're actually not terribly expensive. A few bucks more than what you'd pay at Walmart or Target. My friend was on the hunt for things that were Disney but didn't scream it...if that makes any sense. She found a pair of sunglasses that fit the bill and they were like 13 or 14 dollars. You can certainly find ones that cost more but if your in a bind, there's definitely options there. And on the subject of Target, they always have a good selection. I just got black cat's eye sunglasses with a little rhinestone bow on the corner...so freakin cute.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #863
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I just bought a pair of "fake" coach sunglasses and I loved them. Loved being the word because they snapped literally in half and I still don't know how. I can only figure it to be cheapo glasses. I was thinking about buying the real thing, but the reality is I am too cheap

Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #864
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I have prescription sunglasses that are a must do if I want to see anything~
Can anyone recommend where I can find a good glasses strap to secure them? My eye doc sells the ones that are more like nice necklaces (my DD calls them grandma straps lol) and are not really meant to be durable.

The glasses are polarized and when I'm wearing them, I can't see my cell phone or digital camera screen, so I need to constantly take them on and off. Ugh, it's so frustrating, anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #865
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Can anyone recommend where I can find a good glasses strap to secure them? My eye doc sells the ones that are more like nice necklaces (my DD calls them grandma straps lol) and are not really meant to be durable.

The glasses are polarized and when I'm wearing them, I can't see my cell phone or digital camera screen, so I need to constantly take them on and off. Ugh, it's so frustrating, anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!
I have sunglasses with the magnetized clip for a pair of glasses I have and I feel your pain on the polarization. It is a bit annoying but I can't go without the sun protection. I always carry my mini case for the clips with me. When I used to wear contacts I would tuck my sunglasses (one arm) in my shirt or wear them on my head, not the most safe options, but I had a hard time finding straps I liked. You'll have to try out a number of straps to find which are comfortable to you. The ones that slide onto the arms are good however I have small ears so I found them uncomfortable. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Oooh...just noticed after posting that this is my 1600th post...not sure why that's worth mentioning or celebrating?!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #866
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
Oooh...just noticed after posting that this is my 1600th post...not sure why that's worth mentioning or celebrating?!

Congrats! That's a pretty big number!!

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #867
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:

Thank you!
I don't know how stylish they are, but Croakies sells the ones that hook on (not slide on) to the arms and hang around your neck. The strap is longer so it's not like ones that look like they're keeping the glasses on your head so it might not be as consipicuous. You can loosen or tighten them too.
http://croakies.com/endlesstiteendcords.aspx

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #868
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:

Thank you!
I have prescription sunglasses too and ran into the same problem with the cell phone screen and the camera screen. I found a way to fix it, though. You can buy protective covers for your screens (search for your cell phone model and your camera model and you should find them). They're usually thin plastic that adheres to the screens. They're relatively cheap (I think I got 3 for my cell phone for about $3). Once I put those on I found I didn't have the issue anymore. Hope this helps and good luck!
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #869
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
I have prescription sunglasses too and ran into the same problem with the cell phone screen and the camera screen. I found a way to fix it, though. You can buy protective covers for your screens (search for your cell phone model and your camera model and you should find them). They're usually thin plastic that adheres to the screens. They're relatively cheap (I think I got 3 for my cell phone for about $3). Once I put those on I found I didn't have the issue anymore. Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks for the tip! I will look for those!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #870
hug_amber
Earning My Ears

Red face

Have any of you thought about eyelash extensions? No mascara issues at all!!! (Just google "Eyelash extensions".)

They last from 2 weeks to a couple months depending on the type you get done and how quickly your eyelashes fall out!
hug_amber is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: