Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #826
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

How long does a spray tan last nowadays? I did one 3 years ago when I went to Hawaii and it looked fantastic but it faded and I was back to casper white in 4 days. We are going to Disney for 8 days and I'd love to hear your feedback!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #827
Michellynn
Re-earning My Ears

Another "tip" for chafing => use a deodorant stick. I used to use the monistat product, and the baby powder. However, I was on a trip a couple of years ago and either forgot the monistat or ran out (can't remember which). In any event, I had an extra travel deodorant stick in my pack and I tried that. It worked fantastic! Not to mention application was quick, easy and lasted. Now, all I use is the deodorant stick to prevent chafing.
May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #828
loganjared
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
How long does a spray tan last nowadays? I did one 3 years ago when I went to Hawaii and it looked fantastic but it faded and I was back to casper white in 4 days. We are going to Disney for 8 days and I'd love to hear your feedback!
If you can find somewhere to get airbrushed with sugar cane it is suppoed to last for 2 weeks. I have had that and it lasted for about a week and a half. The only problem that I had was the first time it was too dark and the next time I couldn't even see a difference. You might try it out before hand.

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #829
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the news on sugarcane. I am going to go look it up right now! I love this thread.

Last edited by Trinity524; 05-06-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #830
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question

Another question.. what lipstick brand have you found to be long wearing?

Thanks LulusMom
Catira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #831
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I have the eye kohl liner but it still smudges on me. Wonder what I am doing wrong??
I think the kohl is meant to smudge...try the fluidlines. Powerpoints are less smudgy than the kohl's, but not as smudge-free as fluidlines.

I just bought Stila's waterproof pen liner (I'm not sure of the exact name) and it's amazing. Super easy to apply, long-lasting, waterproof. The day I tried it I almost ran to buy 1 in every color.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #832
crcurton
DISser since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Another question.. what lipstick brand have you found to be long wearing?
Revlon Colorstay works the best for me. I've tried plenty and keep coming back. It lasts 8 hours, and if I reapply at 5 pm. I usually still have it on in the am
POFQ : 05
SOG : 07
Poly : 99,09,11
BLT : 10
crcurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #833
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Stila

[QUOTE=Belle83;41007994I just bought Stila's waterproof pen liner (I'm not sure of the exact name) and it's amazing. Super easy to apply, long-lasting, waterproof. The day I tried it I almost ran to buy 1 in every color.[/QUOTE]

Where can you buy Stila? Just online or is it in stores?
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #834
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

How about bathing suits? I am a 14/16 and I don't want to make grown men cry and scar babies. I am a true hour-glass figure with a little extra going to the bottom. I have heard Lands End will last a long time, what are your thoughts?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #835
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
How about bathing suits? I am a 14/16 and I don't want to make grown men cry and scar babies. I am a true hour-glass figure with a little extra going to the bottom. I have heard Lands End will last a long time, what are your thoughts?
I've bought Lands end for a few years now along with Target and even one last year from a swim shop. I hated the fit of the Target suit and while I love the one I got last year, it was very expensive. I've found Lands End to last quite long. I still have one from 8 years ago! What I like about Lands End is they are separates and you can buy a basic black bottom and a different top each year. That way you look like you have a completely new suit without forking over $80 a year for one! I also think you can find styles that are flattering for every figure. I have a swim skirt (they come in 2 different lengths even) and my sister has worn the shorts before and they are super cute and sport looking. I think the skirts are the most flattering on any figure and you can get a top that accentuates whatever flatters you most! Good luck!

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #836
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I actually really like the suits from Old Navy. I know they last awhile, and are really pretty flattering!
ysprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #837
tobin04
Mouseketeer

There is a brand called "It Figures" that I like. I've bought them at QVC, but also just found out Sear's carry's them!

Does anyone have thoughts on self tanner's? I need a tan before I go next week. Does self tanner last longer than a spray tan? I might see if I can find someplace for a spray tan before we go.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #838
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin04 View Post
There is a brand called "It Figures" that I like. I've bought them at QVC, but also just found out Sear's carry's them!

Does anyone have thoughts on self tanner's? I need a tan before I go next week. Does self tanner last longer than a spray tan? I might see if I can find someplace for a spray tan before we go.
If you can find a place with a real spray tan (not the booths) that is the best option. Next I think is the booths. I usually do 2 booth sessions 1 about 6 weeks before and another about 3 weeks before we are set to leave. Between both sessions I use Jergens tanner to keep the color a little longer - I've also found that it evens out after about 1.5 weeks with the Jergens. I am pretty white & don't go too dark. But that's what works for me
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #839
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcurton View Post
Revlon Colorstay works the best for me. I've tried plenty and keep coming back. It lasts 8 hours, and if I reapply at 5 pm. I usually still have it on in the am
I just bought Cover Girl 24/7 lipstick. I put it on this morning around 11 am and now it's 8:22 p.m. and lipstick is still looking great.

Thanks LulusMom
Catira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #840
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

So with the Booth.... what should I know? I went to a girl who did the airbrushing but she's no longer there. I really don't want someone to be all up in my business that I don't know.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: