Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #811
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
You really need to read the entire thread. There are so many topics covered and fabulous tips. It will take time and you'll need a notebook ready.
I will do that soon to prepare for our trip this fall! Can't wait!!!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #812
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
I just saw the post a few prior to mine about baby powder for dry shampoo - I've never tried it and wondered with dark brown hair if it wouldn't work so well. Just fell on this thread and did not read the many, many pages it contains. Thoughts? Experiences?
I use it the night before I know I'll need it,usually..... like if I'm heading to bed,and know I *could* wash it,or not,I get a little more in between time for washings by just sprinkling some around hairline, I have dark hair,and by morning,it has done it's work,no 'greasy' look and no white residue left either
-in a hurry,I use a TINY bit under hairline,and comb carefully- I have such oil problems, and I'm trying to wash it less than twice a day (seriously)
I've also used the tresemme dry shampoo,which is easier...
hsmamato2 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #813
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Has anyone even dared wearing sandals to the parks, and if so would you do it again? Merrell makes some cute ones that I'd like to wear when we go to Magic Kingdom w/ a sun dress. (I hate shorts, so if it's hot I'll go for a casual dress...).
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #814
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Has anyone even dared wearing sandals to the parks, and if so would you do it again? Merrell makes some cute ones that I'd like to wear when we go to Magic Kingdom w/ a sun dress. (I hate shorts, so if it's hot I'll go for a casual dress...).
I've worn sandals tons of times. Sport sandals, croc sandals and even dressy flat sandals. My feet are much happier breathing than they are trapped in hot shoes.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #815
Meshell2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
So, I have lupus and can't take bc or hormones so skipping a period is not a possibility for me. For anyone else who can't avoid AF or who isn't comfortable trying to I have some helpful AF at Disney hints.
  1. Always thin pads. I have a heavy period and these really work and are easier to carry in your park bag.
  2. A ziplock baggy of flushable wipes to help you feel clean.
  3. I try to plan my wet rides for the end of the day or just before going back for my afternoon break so that I can either put a tampon in or know I wont be soggy for long.
  4. Finally, I am a nurse and can tell you that studies have shown if you take 800 mg of ibuprofen, which is 4 over the counter tablets, every 8 hours during your period you will have a lighter period (and it takes care of cramps too). I have a really heavy period and I don't like taking this much ibuprofen on a regular basis but will do it while I am at Disney to lighten things up.

It is less than a month until my next Disney trip and it looks like Aunt Flo will be going with me I definately didn't intend to invite her!!
For anyone that hasn't heard of it....the menstrual cup is great for traveling. I've used one for over a year and woud never go back to tampons. They aren't popular in the US, but in Europe they are. In the US there only 2 brands that are easy to find the Diva cup and the Keeper. Lunette is another company that is working on a presence in north america. It takes some time to learn how to use but it is very effective, and only has to be emptied every 12 hrs. Also some believe that the chemicals in tampons make your AF heavier, mine has lightened from 10 days to 4 just by switching. If you've ever wondered what else is out there....that's it.

Ibuprofen does help! I used to use that too, before I got the cup.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #816
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell2002 View Post
For anyone that hasn't heard of it....the menstrual cup is great for traveling. I've used one for over a year and woud never go back to tampons. They aren't popular in the US, but in Europe they are. In the US there only 2 brands that are easy to find the Diva cup and the Keeper. Lunette is another company that is working on a presence in north america. It takes some time to learn how to use but it is very effective, and only has to be emptied every 12 hrs. Also some believe that the chemicals in tampons make your AF heavier, mine has lightened from 10 days to 4 just by switching. If you've ever wondered what else is out there....that's it.

Ibuprofen does help! I used to use that too, before I got the cup.
Thanks for sharing this... I'm going to look into it! I had never heard of it. Does it feel like a tampon in terms of comfort? I googled it and many of the cons I've seen says it's messy to take in and out, I'd presume because it doesn't absorb just collects. Do you find that too? Do you need to buy a new one every month or is it reusable?
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #817
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysprincess View Post
I swear by MAC. I pretty much use their whole product line. Something for everything. I highly recommend MAC Opulash. The stuff lasts forever and it's very dark black (it only comes in one color) and very very volumizing, which are two musts for my me - I love the big lash look. I know it also stands up perfectly to Disney, all day wear, even in the dead of summer - I live in Florida, and I wear it daily!

I'm also a big MAC fan what eyeliner do you use? The only item I don't use from MAC is the mascara.. I'll have to check out the OPULASH you mentioned.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #818
melissac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I, too, swear by Monistat's Chafing Relief Powder Gel... its great! I used to just use baby powder on my thighs but this stuff lasts longer!
Another use is after your face cream drys and before you put on your make-up this can be used as a barrier. I know it sounds crazy but my friend told me about this and it works amazing. Keeps your make-up smooth and not against your face. It is similar to what movie stars put on before thier make-up but for a fraction of the price. Try it and you will be amazed. You just need a little bit and it works much better with powder foundation. I've had more compliaments about my make-up since using. Not for hot WD days but any other time great.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014

Last edited by melissac; 05-04-2011 at 10:31 AM.
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #819
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I'm also a big MAC fan what eyeliner do you use? The only item I don't use from MAC is the mascara.. I'll have to check out the OPULASH you mentioned.
I use a variety of makeup lines but the MAC eye kohl in smolder is my favorite eye liner I've ever used. I wear it on my lower water line only (liquid on top) and it is the one that stays on the longest without a log of smudging.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #820
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yay for MAC!
I use the Fluidline in Blacktrack. I've never had any problems with smudging or anything in the parks. All day wear!!!
What do you use?
ysprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #821
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysprincess View Post
Yay for MAC!
I use the Fluidline in Blacktrack. I've never had any problems with smudging or anything in the parks. All day wear!!!
What do you use?
I have the fluidline but have never used it on my lower eye area. Only on the top. Will have to give it a try... it's usually easier for me to use an eyeliner pencil on the bottom.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #822
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I use a variety of makeup lines but the MAC eye kohl in smolder is my favorite eye liner I've ever used. I wear it on my lower water line only (liquid on top) and it is the one that stays on the longest without a log of smudging.
I have the eye kohl liner but it still smudges on me. Wonder what I am doing wrong??
Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #823
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have the fluidline but have never used it on my lower eye area. Only on the top. Will have to give it a try... it's usually easier for me to use an eyeliner pencil on the bottom.

Thanks
I use it on my lower waterline all the time.
I love it.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #824
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Have you tried their Technakohl? I usually use the fluidline on the top and bottom, but I'm always up for trying new product!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #825
MeganFyne
Mouseketeer

Diva Cup

I've used the Diva Cup for 6 years or so, I LOVE it. It doesn't feel like a tampon because you don't feel it at all, and I could always feel the string with tampons. There is also no risk of toxic shock syndrome because it just collects as opposed to absorbing. I have super heavy periods (as in if I had a tampon I'd have to change a "super" every 2 hours) and I only have to empty the cup every 12 hours, maybe after 9 on very very heavy days. It's also great because you don't need to worry about finding more tampons. One thing to pack and you're set! I haven't had to buy tampons in years! I recommend it to all my friends, and I will say there is a bit of a learning curve for some people, but I had no trouble. I prefer it to Instead, which is also a cup but is disposable. I never could figure Instead out, and found it very uncomfortable. Also don't feel great about throwing all that plastic away every month.

Ok that's my 2 cents on the subject of menstruation.

I'm a doula, a comedian, and a pain in the butt.

For a good time, follow me on Twitter @GoTeamMegan
MeganFyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: