Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #781
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Found this one by Redken on Ulta website.

Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12
Details: Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12 protects hair and scalp from UVA/UVB rays, which damage the cuticle, leading to color fading on all hair types... $16.00
Thanks so much for posting this! I'm going to be giving this a try!
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #782
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question

Has anyne seen an inflatable foot soak? Someone else mentioned this on this thread, but I have not found one.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #783
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Sorry if this is a duplicate tip but I highly recommend any kind of eye shadow primer, especially if you're there in a hot month. It will prevent your eye shadow from creasing and melting. You can get basic cheap ones that are Sephora or Ulta brand, or else Benefit sells creaseless cream eye shadows that are shadow and primer in one that work well. NYX also has a cheap HD primer that helps the color of your eye shadow pop more too. Definite must have in the summer - wherever you are!
I like the Urban Decay primer in the purple genie type bottle. In the Texas humidity we must use primers or makeup just melts off down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybabe84 View Post
Anyone have any great mascara rec's? I know it's probably scattered throughout the thread, but the ones that everyone suggested I've already tried and I haven't found one that really stands against the scortching July weather. I didn't wear much mascara during my last trip and would really like too. I was afraid it would drip down my face for pictures.
Have you tried the tubing mascaras like Blinc? Personally I like the Asian mascaras better than the American ones though. They stay all day without smearing, but can be difficult to get off. You have to use cleansing oil. I order mine on ebay. I like the Kiss Me Heroine Make for Volume and Curl and also the Kiss Me Heroine Make for Length. I also like the Majolica Majora My Lashes Extend Elegantly.

Quote:
Has anyne seen an inflatable foot soak? Someone else mentioned this on this thread, but I have not found one.
I've got a green one that blows up. I got it several years ago from Avon. It's about 12" square and maybe 8" tall when it's blown up, but folds small enough to squeeze into a quart zip lock. I always carry it and some Jafra foot soak and Jafra Peppermint foot lotion when I go to WDW. I also like the Avon coconut foot lotion and coconut foot spray.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-21-2011 at 07:22 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #784
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
You mean like a little tub to put your feet in? I got this one at Sally's in the store:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/pedi-bath...l?cm_vc=SEARCH

It looks big but it's not real big - just big enough to put your feet in comfortably and comes up to about mid-calf. One tip though - don't fill it real high. It like sinks and gets heavy and is hard to carry from the sink to wherever you're soaking!

Also from a previous post - yes I was referring to Marine Summer Hair, true what you said - didn't notice much help with this when my scalp got burned.

As for a good mascara, make sure it's water proof. I like Dior and Lancome but haven't found one that absolutely doesn't smear off at least little due to heat/humidity.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #785
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Pretty sure Avon has one for sale right now...I love their vanilla brown sugar foot soak and lotion!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #786
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan R View Post
Love this thread...honest talk about things women need to know. I've noticed a lot of women on this thread say that they learned things and asked question they were hesitant to ask. Bravo! I must say I have been wondering about continuing to take my birth control to avoid my period when I go for 10 days in January. I did a "test run" this cycle and it didn't work out so great I ended up having spotting for 2 weeks and my normal heavy period for the other 2 weeks. I ended up going off the pill to "finish" my period and will go back on the pill on Monday. I have to go to my doctor to talk to him about getting something to help my nervousness about flying so I will talk to him about what to do about not having my period during my vacation.

Thanks for all of the info everyone and keep it coming!

Susan
I use to be able to do this, but it doesn't work anymore, to many other issues. I will be having a hysterectomy within the next few months so I will be good for our trip in August.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #787
DerangedChipmunk
Mouseketeer

I don't know about you, but whenever I go to Disney, I get such a bad sunburn.

I'm allergic to most sunblocks, but I have found a few things which help take the edge off of a bad burn.

The first is Bath and Body Works Cooling Mist. I cannot recommend this enough. I. Love. It! It's a lightly scented spray with aloe vera in it. The bad news is I think they've discontinued it. The good news is that you can still get it on e-bay and amazon (just ordered one in lemon vanilla to take with me to Disney in May)

The other is Burts Bees After Sun Lotion. Where I'll use the mist throughout the day I generally use the lotion at night right before bed. It feels so cool and nice!
DerangedChipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #788
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_1derland View Post
I never take my Burt's to WDW anytime from May-October. it melts every time. And that can be a mess!
On our previous trips, I've taken my tube of Mary Kay lip balm. It would get super runny. I was planning on Burt's Bees for our upcoming trip but now... Has anyone found a lip balm that doesn't melt when you take it into the parks? Either in a pocket or in a bag?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #789
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post

Have you tried the tubing mascaras like Blinc? Personally I like the Asian mascaras better than the American ones though. They stay all day without smearing, but can be difficult to get off. You have to use cleansing oil. I order mine on ebay. I like the Kiss Me Heroine Make for Volume and Curl and also the Kiss Me Heroine Make for Length. I also like the Majolica Majora My Lashes Extend Elegantly.
I loooove Blinc! Clinique makes a similar (and much less $$$) version, I love it. I can't wear anything else, especially if water rides are involved. Blinc is actually super easy to get off if you just wet your lashes with warm water and rub your lashes between your fingers. That's how you're supposed to take it off (same with other 'tube' mascaras), no cleansing oil necessary. I think they still sell Blinc at Sephora. Again, the Clinique one is much cheaper (actually now that I think about it, I think 2 or 3 of Clinique's mascaras are 'tube' mascaras). L'Oreal makes a tube mascara too. Non-tube mascaras just smear on me (even waterproof versions), no matter where I am. Tube mascaras changed my life (well, as much as a mascara can, lol).

I just bought the Stila waterproof liquid eye liner for my upcoming trip. Hopefully that holds up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
On our previous trips, I've taken my tube of Mary Kay lip balm. It would get super runny. I was planning on Burt's Bees for our upcoming trip but now... Has anyone found a lip balm that doesn't melt when you take it into the parks? Either in a pocket or in a bag?
Try a squeeze tube balm, like Aquaphor's lip balm or Jack Black.

Last edited by Belle83; 04-24-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #790
TinkStitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
I've never had a problem with just a tube of regular chapstick, usually in my pocket. I take a few with me just in case I lose it or it does get melty, I found them for $.19 each, so I bought a bunch of them.

May 1992, April 1994, May 2000, April 2004, Oct. 2006, Oct. 2007, Jan. 2008, CP Aug 2008-May 2009, Jan. 2010, CP Aug 2010-Jan. 2011, Costuming CM since May 2009
TinkStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #791
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

For lip balm Netrogena makes a great gel. It comes in a little squeeze tube, and is mostly sheer, but you can choose from a few different tints. It also is one of the few I can find that has spf. My lips tend to get sunburned so spf in a gloss/balm is a must for me.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #792
DerangedChipmunk
Mouseketeer

Has Anyone tried "EOS" lipbalm spheres? I always carry one with me, but now I'm a little worried about meltage 0_o
DerangedChipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #793
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedChipmunk View Post
I don't know about you, but whenever I go to Disney, I get such a bad sunburn.

I'm allergic to most sunblocks, but I have found a few things which help take the edge off of a bad burn.

The first is Bath and Body Works Cooling Mist. I cannot recommend this enough. I. Love. It! It's a lightly scented spray with aloe vera in it. The bad news is I think they've discontinued it. The good news is that you can still get it on e-bay and amazon (just ordered one in lemon vanilla to take with me to Disney in May)

The other is Burts Bees After Sun Lotion. Where I'll use the mist throughout the day I generally use the lotion at night right before bed. It feels so cool and nice!
The BBW cooling mist has been discontinued. But, I did read on the BBW facebook page that they are coming out with a new cooling mist with SPF soon.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #794
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
You mean like a little tub to put your feet in? I got this one at Sally's in the store:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/pedi-bath...l?cm_vc=SEARCH

It looks big but it's not real big - just big enough to put your feet in comfortably and comes up to about mid-calf. One tip though - don't fill it real high. It like sinks and gets heavy and is hard to carry from the sink to wherever you're soaking!

Also from a previous post - yes I was referring to Marine Summer Hair, true what you said - didn't notice much help with this when my scalp got burned.

As for a good mascara, make sure it's water proof. I like Dior and Lancome but haven't found one that absolutely doesn't smear off at least little due to heat/humidity.
Well make a trip to Sally's and see if I find one. I am going to the professional beauty store with my friend,who is a hair stylist. I will specifically be looking for something for my hair and scalp to use while on my beach vacation in June. I'll post what we find.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #795
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedChipmunk View Post
Has Anyone tried "EOS" lipbalm spheres? I always carry one with me, but now I'm a little worried about meltage 0_o
Yes. I love those balms, but their packaging is so bulky lol. I carried one in my bag last year and it did not melt. I didn't bring it on my trip though, just around town in the summer. Even though it didn't melt, it became slimy, which I wasn't happy about. I can imagine what it would have done in the Disney heat.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: