Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #766
tukogirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up on the scalp sunscreen. Now I can explain to hubby why I ordered 3 different ear hats online before we even leave for the trip.

I'll try the mineral makeup too - that's what I wear normally and it never occured to me to use it on my scalp!
tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #767
branmuffin
Earning My Ears

I can't remember the product name, but I bought some last year at Walmart for my dd5. She love to wear braids & pigtails in the summer, so we always had to put sunscreen in her hair, but this stuff kept it from being greasy all day. If I find it, I'll post the brand name.
branmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #768
branmuffin
Earning My Ears

Aha! I found it! It's called Banana Boat Sport Quick Dry for Body & Scalp. I hope that helps!
branmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #769
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmuffin View Post
Aha! I found it! It's called Banana Boat Sport Quick Dry for Body & Scalp. I hope that helps!
I'm going to look for that. I usually wear a pony tail but usually make a side part before putting it up.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #770
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question Dry Shampoo

I wanted to give the dry shampoo a try for our October trip. Just in case I over slept and needed to make rope drop. I bought Tresemme Dry Shampoo and tried it today. While my hair is not oily, it doesn't feel clean. In fact, my head is a little itchy. Has anyone else tried another brand?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #771
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but Shseido, Joico, Redken and Frederic Fekkai all make GREAT hair sunscreens. It also protects the scalp. It keeps your hair from getting fried and the Fekkai one also helps protect your hair against the humidity. Shseido has better SPF and blockage but doesn't do much for humidity. I haven't tried the Joico or Redken ones yet. Fekkai has a whole summer hair care line with a clarifying shampoo that's good for fried hair from the sun and chlorine hair from the pools.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #772
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I wanted to give the dry shampoo a try for our October trip. Just in case I over slept and needed to make rope drop. I bought Tresemme Dry Shampoo and tried it today. While my hair is not oily, it doesn't feel clean. In fact, my head is a little itchy. Has anyone else tried another brand?
Oscar Blandi makes the best dry shampoo IMO. They sell it at Sephora. They also have small travel size bottles you can buy - good just to try and of course for packing. They have a spray version and a talc powder version. I recommend the powder one, it just works better to absorb the oil. You can also use a basic baby powder or Shower to Shower powder if you have nothing else and it works good, just makes your hair (especially bangs) a little static-y.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #773
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
I tried the Shellac manicure last xmas trip.. it chipped after 4 days. Hoping you will have better luck
Another one similar to the Shellac is a gel manicure. I haven't tried the Shellac but the gel one is similar to acrylic but without damage to your natural nail. Regular nail polish remover or acetone won't take it off, you're supposed to go back and have your nails soaked in special stuff to get it off. I don't find it to chip and it lasts about 3 weeks but it does start to peel from the cuticle at about the 3 week mark.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #774
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Anyone else use this to refresh your face?
Sephora has a Sephora brand face refresher and also sells the Makeup Forever face refresher as a travel size. These don't work well for me but if you like these, you might find these to be better or cheaper.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #775
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Sorry if this is a duplicate tip but I highly recommend any kind of eye shadow primer, especially if you're there in a hot month. It will prevent your eye shadow from creasing and melting. You can get basic cheap ones that are Sephora or Ulta brand, or else Benefit sells creaseless cream eye shadows that are shadow and primer in one that work well. NYX also has a cheap HD primer that helps the color of your eye shadow pop more too. Definite must have in the summer - wherever you are!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #776
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by branmuffin View Post
Finally found it First I went to Target..very few selection on the sunscreens. Then off to Walmart.. found it after searching a bit for it. They only had 4 bottles. I bought one, and will give it a try in June when we go on our beach vacation.

THANK YOU!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #777
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but Shseido, Joico, Redken and Frederic Fekkai all make GREAT hair sunscreens. It also protects the scalp. It keeps your hair from getting fried and the Fekkai one also helps protect your hair against the humidity. Shseido has better SPF and blockage but doesn't do much for humidity. I haven't tried the Joico or Redken ones yet. Fekkai has a whole summer hair care line with a clarifying shampoo that's good for fried hair from the sun and chlorine hair from the pools.
Hi on the Fekkai products are you referring to the Marine Summer Collection? I used the shampoo and leave in conditioner during our 2 week beach vacation. My hair survived all the clorine and beach water thanks to those 2 products. But, it did not help my scalp much.
http://www.fekkai.com/collection/marine-hair/
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #778
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Another one similar to the Shellac is a gel manicure. I haven't tried the Shellac but the gel one is similar to acrylic but without damage to your natural nail. Regular nail polish remover or acetone won't take it off, you're supposed to go back and have your nails soaked in special stuff to get it off. I don't find it to chip and it lasts about 3 weeks but it does start to peel from the cuticle at about the 3 week mark.
I'll ask my manicurist next time I go.

Quote:
Sephora has a Sephora brand face refresher and also sells the Makeup Forever face refresher as a travel size. These don't work well for me but if you like these, you might find these to be better or cheaper.
I'll have to look for those.

Quote:
Sorry if this is a duplicate tip but I highly recommend any kind of eye shadow primer, especially if you're there in a hot month. It will prevent your eye shadow from creasing and melting. You can get basic cheap ones that are Sephora or Ulta brand, or else Benefit sells creaseless cream eye shadows that are shadow and primer in one that work well. NYX also has a cheap HD primer that helps the color of your eye shadow pop more too. Definite must have in the summer - wherever you are!
Living in the Texas heat, where it is hot just about all year, I always use eyeshadow primer. Of course, the only one I have used is the MAC brand. But always looking for new, and if possible less expensive brands. Thanks for all the great suggestions

Last edited by Catira; 04-20-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Catira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #779
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Found this one by Redken on Ulta website.

Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12
Details: Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12 protects hair and scalp from UVA/UVB rays, which damage the cuticle, leading to color fading on all hair types... $16.00
Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #780
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any great mascara rec's? I know it's probably scattered throughout the thread, but the ones that everyone suggested I've already tried and I haven't found one that really stands against the scortching July weather. I didn't wear much mascara during my last trip and would really like too. I was afraid it would drip down my face for pictures.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: