Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #751
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkeress View Post
Okay I have sort of an embarrassing question

Well...I have a butt that loves to sweat! Usually underneath my butt cheeks which will leave these major embarrassing sweat lines on my jeans...right there for everyone to see on my butt

Anyone have any ideas for this? We are going the end of May and beginning of June so I'm sure I'll be doing A LOT of sweating ...
I'll be there at the same time

I like to wear cotton shorts (I especially like anything with an elastic waistband - not like grandma wears, but something that has some 'give'). The cotton makes it breathable. Also, wear a color that won't show the sweat lines as much. A dark grey will mask the sweat lines more than a light grey. My shorts have a 5" or less inseam so there is less material to get sweaty about. And since they aren't binding my tummy, I don't get those sweat marks around my mid-section (I am actually a fairly small person but these issues affect everyone!)

If you excessively sweat, you may talk to your doctor about other options too like medication.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #752
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
my new essential is going to have to be a shellac manicure not a chip not a scratch for 3 weeks.
I tried the Shellac manicure last xmas trip.. it chipped after 4 days. Hoping you will have better luck
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #753
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkeress View Post

Well...I have a butt that loves to sweat! Usually underneath my butt cheeks which will leave these major embarrassing sweat lines on my jeans...right there for everyone to see on my butt
I'd get an antiperspirant spray and give that a try. Try it before you go on your trip though (to make sure it works and that you don't have any weird allergy to it).
Old 04-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #754
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

In the heat.. for me... sundresses are the way to go. They are so much cooler. And when i'm eating a lot in Disney, i feel much more comfortable in a dress than in jean shorts and a tank top. I feel too self concious in those

Plus... dresses look cute! So it's a win win situation.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #755
tukogirl
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know of a good sunscreen you could use on your scalp without making your hair all greasy?

I'm not a ballcap kinda girl but having a burned head hurts like heck. But I don't want greasy hair. What do you guys use for your scalp, especially for long haired ladies?
tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #756
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
This is one brand, there are others out there, I may be wrong but doeshttp://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...?brandId=Evian Target carry Evian as well?
Anyone else use this to refresh your face?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #757
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Anyone else use this to refresh your face?
Yes! I do & I love it! Even though its just mineral water, it really delivers. I spritz this on my face after I apply my make-up it and gives me a dewy glow as well as sets my make-up. I discovered this in the winter and I can't wait to try it during the summer. I'm going to keep one in the fridge and spritz it on after a hot day.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #758
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukogirl View Post
Does anyone know of a good sunscreen you could use on your scalp without making your hair all greasy?

I'm not a ballcap kinda girl but having a burned head hurts like heck. But I don't want greasy hair. What do you guys use for your scalp, especially for long haired ladies?
I'm not sure how you'd feel about this one. You could give it a try. I use it and love it! I brush it on my scalp and it has worked for me.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Old 04-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #759
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybabe84 View Post
Yes! I do & I love it! Even though its just mineral water, it really delivers. I spritz this on my face after I apply my make-up it and gives me a dewy glow as well as sets my make-up. I discovered this in the winter and I can't wait to try it during the summer. I'm going to keep one in the fridge and spritz it on after a hot day.
Thanks.. I think I'll look for some tomorrow at Ulta. I usually use MAC Studio Moisture Fix to set my make-up http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...-15/index.tmpl. But the Evian is a lot less money.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #760
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks.. I think I'll look for some tomorrow at Ulta. I usually use MAC Studio Moisture Fix to set my make-up http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...-15/index.tmpl. But the Evian is a lot less money.
Yes, you're right it's a lot less money. lol. I used to use MAC's Fix+ to set my make-up, but when I discovered the Evian version it fit the bill perfectly. It basically does the same thing.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #761
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybabe84 View Post
Yes, you're right it's a lot less money. lol. I used to use MAC's Fix+ to set my make-up, but when I discovered the Evian version it fit the bill perfectly. It basically does the same thing.
I love MAC make-up. Especially the eyeshadows.. they last me all day. Macara I use a Maybelline one that I like. Living in the Texas heat, I have to find makeup that can take me from morning to evening. Hate reapplying or touching up. Right now I am using Studio Sculpt foundation and concealer with the Mineral powder and blush. I also have the fluidline eyeliner, but found a trick on another forum. Apply fluidline eyeliner, then set it with a bit of eyeshadow. Hoping to try that out soon. But, definitely trying to find alternatives to MAC when possible. More $$ for my disney shopping.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #762
Dunkeress
Disney Momma

Thanks for the great tips!! I'll try all before I go... didn't even think of sundresses!

Elizabeth's Birthday Celebration 2011
Dunkeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #763
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love MAC make-up. Especially the eyeshadows.. they last me all day. Macara I use a Maybelline one that I like. Living in the Texas heat, I have to find makeup that can take me from morning to evening. Hate reapplying or touching up. Right now I am using Studio Sculpt foundation and concealer with the Mineral powder and blush. I also have the fluidline eyeliner, but found a trick on another forum. Apply fluidline eyeliner, then set it with a bit of eyeshadow. Hoping to try that out soon. But, definitely trying to find alternatives to MAC when possible. More $$ for my disney shopping.
I can't stay away from MAC lol! Their eyeshadows are fab! love em all and they do last all day.

Right now I'm using their Mineralized loose foundation and it's fabulous! I can't wait to try it out in the summer. I also use their fluidline too so thanks for that trick! I'm gonna try it out on my Disney vacay, especially since I want my liner to last all day in the heat for pictures

I also just discovered this lipstick. It's so creamy, smooth and has SPF 10! Great for summer!
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #764
blum74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukogirl View Post

I wear a hat at Disney b/c I'm so fair. Sometimes I just spray sunscreen along my part, but it makes my hair so straw-like. It works better to spread sunscreen on my part with a q-tip.
blum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #765
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blum74 View Post
I wear a hat at Disney b/c I'm so fair. Sometimes I just spray sunscreen along my part, but it makes my hair so straw-like. It works better to spread sunscreen on my part with a q-tip.
Or wear Mickey ears all day!
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: