Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #736
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjen View Post
Leaving in the morning!! I don't know if we will be able to sleep tonight, i'm sure I will be up reading on the boards I need to find the post about picture taking. I am trying to practice, this is our 2nd trip and I think there is one picture from our first trip last year that I find somewhat acceptable. I need calming vibes, starting to stress, well I have been, but really starting to now. My mom is coming with us, and we are all staying in the same room. Now, we get a long great and my DH gets along great with her as well, but she knows how to push my buttons. My dad decided not to go this trip, so she opted to just stay in our room and wants to be closer to her grandson. Anyway, what are ways or things you have done to avoid irritating or being irritated by your family (includes spouse) while on vacation. Don't get me wrong, love them all dearly, but sometimes it is overwhelming, and i'm usually the designated go to person for everything in the family. I am also aware that I will get on their nerves too, so trying to think of ways to make the week better for everyone. Ok, thanks, even if nobody replies, I feel like this has been a helpful therapy session
Congratulations on your trip. My best advice to you is to not leave your patience at home. It can be magical for everyone if we remember to put the needs of others at the same priority as our own. I speak from experience when we went as a whole family in 2009, that is what I did with my non-disney loving members of family. We agreed to split up at times, and I knew that I would just have to come again. This year it is just me and disney-loving daughter, so, to cut it short, remember that there will be a next time! Have fun!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #737
DanielleandBrady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Thanks!

I wondered if it worked well... I think it might be a timesaver in the mornings. I'm going to WDW in September with my mom, sister, and sister's BFF. 4 women trying to all get ready in the mornings at the same time will take awhile, LOL!
LOL I hear you! they make two different formulations. And I think it will def be a timesaver in the morning!!!

'89, '91-94,'08 Offsite
2002 POR 2009 BC 2011 GF
2012: BLT 2013: BLT
DanielleandBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #738
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

sun screen

I also make sure I wear lipbalm with sunscreen in it. Bert's bees makes a good one- and it can be tinited, too- so no need for lipgloss.
lfortin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #739
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

I use a light sunscreen as a make up base (Nutrogena works best) and then use mineral make up over that, with a light lip gloss that has SPF in it for make up.

I keep my hair short pretty much all the time (besides my daughters all have long hair and putting it up takes a while one less head to pony tail or braid saves time!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Body Glide for any rubbing in shorts or skirts.
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #740
Disney_1derland
Enjoys helping to make DISney Magic
The MK is good anytime, day or night

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
I also make sure I wear lipbalm with sunscreen in it. Bert's bees makes a good one- and it can be tinited, too- so no need for lipgloss.
I never take my Burt's to WDW anytime from May-October. it melts every time. And that can be a mess!

Lori

My Disney History
1978-1992 Disneyland Annual Passholder
1993-1996 Life without Disney
1997 The Legacy Lives On! First trip to WDW
1999-Dh's first trip to Disneyland!
2001 First trip with Dh and DD#1-Offsite and Loving It!
2004-Magical Gathering at SOG! DD#2's First Trip!
May 2005 Matalyn's 5th Birthday Trip! Pop Century
August/Sept 2005 Birthday/Newbie Extravaganza-Girls Only! Pop Century
Oct/Nov 2005 Honeymoon We Never Had-Without the Kids, Food and Wine here we come!
2006-2010 WDW Annual Passholder
2011 June Polynesian Extavaganza!
2012 Disneyland, here I come! Solo trip, July 2012
AoA....Just Keep Swimming! Oct 2012
Disney_1derland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #741
kycanonist
Mouseketeer

Haven't had time to read through all of this, but what do you all think about sunhats? We're a pretty fair skinned family and we're going in June. The idea of not being protected scares me a little....

And my kids are little, so we won't be going on any big, scary rides.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #742
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycanonist View Post
Haven't had time to read through all of this, but what do you all think about sunhats? We're a pretty fair skinned family and we're going in June. The idea of not being protected scares me a little....

And my kids are little, so we won't be going on any big, scary rides.
Yes do the sunhat, we go in August That's my head on fire I all way where a sun visor or hat.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #743
kycanonist
Mouseketeer

Do you wear your hat into character meals?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #744
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycanonist View Post
Do you wear your hat into character meals?
Once inside I take it off to let my head breath hat or visor. I am not a hat person, only use it to block the sun others I'm sure may leave them on.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #745
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

How do hats and sunglasses work out with regards to rides and people who need prescription glasses?

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #746
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
How do hats and sunglasses work out with regards to rides and people who need prescription glasses?
My DH has never had to take his glasses off on rides (perscription glasses that is). Though we don't go to the water parks.

He does take off his hat as there are a lot of rides where we have seen people's hats fly off. Having worked on the RNRC at the studios, we would request everyone take their hats off as the wind catches on the brim & will make it fly off at take off. Addl'y there are sensors on that particular ride that when something touches the sensor, it will shut down the ride.
KerTggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #747
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
I wear Rx glasses and Rx sunglasses everywhere and at Disney I just let them hang on my shirt. I can't do the clip ons. I've never had to take off the glasses I was wearing on a ride, but don't forget to grab the glasses hanging! (if anyone does this too) Had many a close calls forgetting about that.

Hats will for sure blow off on roller coasters! My dad always just turns his around and doesn't have a problem. (ball cap)

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
TeaForTulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #748
crcurton
DISser since 2001

For 2 years we have let DD (then 4 and 6) wear a plain sun hat/beach hat and let the characters autograph it. It had 2 purposes and I highly recommend it!
POFQ : 05
SOG : 07
Poly : 99,09,11
BLT : 10
crcurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #749
Dunkeress
Disney Momma

Okay I have sort of an embarrassing question

Well...I have a butt that loves to sweat! Usually underneath my butt cheeks which will leave these major embarrassing sweat lines on my jeans...right there for everyone to see on my butt

Anyone have any ideas for this? We are going the end of May and beginning of June so I'm sure I'll be doing A LOT of sweating ...

Elizabeth's Birthday Celebration 2011

Last edited by Dunkeress; 04-16-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Dunkeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #750
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Here are my tips for women travelers to WDW:

- Self tanner w/ SPF 15 - my DH likes it too to cover up pastiness. I use Loreal Sublime self tanning lotion in medium with SPF 15 (I can only find it online nowadays!). It is not tinted and the scent just leaves me thinking of 'vacation'. Because you are so conscience of applying the self-tanner correctly and covering every inch of your body, you get yourself really covered with the SPF! I've found it to be more effective than the highest SPFs because of this reason. I apply this on first thing in the morning and let it dry for a few minutes while I do my hair & makeup (nothing intense!). Then put on my clothes for the day. A warning - do not wear white ... with any self-tanner! I do wear white in the evening though after my shower.

- Shower in the evening, not in the morning. You end up sweating around the world in the morning and swimming in the afternoon anyway. I shower after our afternoon dip in the pool, before we go to dinner. I'm refreshed and feel much prettier for our evening out!

- Bring a flower for your hair! I have some flower hair clips I like to wear - it just makes me feel like I'm on vacation! I smile more and it shows how happy I am.

- I wear different clothes in the morning than in the evening. Morning clothes are shorts and Disney shirts in breathable fabrics like cotton and nothing that will show the wrong things if they get wet I bring 'dressier' clothes for the evening but that might include some skirts and nicer tops but nothing fancy because I want to be comfortable.

- Waterproof eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara are your friend! It's humid in Florida but I like to wear a bit of makeup. I bring waterproof mascara, benefit cream shadows (these stick on your lids for 12 hours - it's amazing), and Make Up Forever waterproof eyeliner sticks (they have all sorts of great colors too - I like the purple and pink together, so pretty!)

- I stopped fighting my curls in Florida a few years back. Become comfortable with wearing your hair curly or wavy. The key to keeping the curls/waves nice and not frizzy is product - layer it on. I like mousse + humidity proof hair gel and then while I dry it with a diffuser, I use Bumble & Bumble surf spray so the curls get a nice beachy feel and they stay!

- Note to all women - check panty and bra lines. Get panties that will not show a line and yes, with some clothing that means thongs. And a white bra is not meant to be worn under white - you can see it. Wear a nude colored bra (that matches your skin color). Light padding is also essential. No padding means that when it is cold or you get splashed with some water - it's like a wet tshirt contest for others to enjoy

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: