Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #301
Leitadala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Haha - I am sooooo going to Lush this weekend now!!
Yes, this thread got me on the Lush wagon for sure. DH has even brought me home Lush peace-offerings recently! I'm not a big fan of the Jungle solid conditioner though, so I guess I'll have to bring along my regular conditioner (unless someone has suggestions in that area as well)
Leitadala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #302
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Talking Lush and Cake Beauty

For Easter I got a Lush egg bath bomb w/ goodies inside and a coupon so I must go back also

Cake is a fave too, and I use their Satin Sugar trio

https://www.cakebeauty.com/cakeshop/...ID=81&P_ID=144

They also have travel friendly sizes

Last edited by DearDaisyinDurham; 05-06-2009 at 10:16 PM.
DearDaisyinDurham is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #303
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

I dreamt about shopping in Lush last night.. what has the DIS done to me?

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #304
DearDaisyinDurham

When we're dreaming about tucking our Lush items into our Vera Bradley backpacks and checking to make sure we have what we need to apply under our girls why yes we might be Dis'ing a bit
Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #305
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
When we're dreaming about tucking our Lush items into our Vera Bradley backpacks and checking to make sure we have what we need to apply under our girls why yes we might be Dis'ing a bit
And also in the dream we're wearing our lime green crocs and applying our sunscreen we've just got out of our shoe organizer hanging in the room!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #306
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
We do too...Two, as a matter of fact! I couldn't travel without 'em.

Where did you get your organizers? Mine is so ugly, it has flowers on it (but hey it was only a buck, so maybe I shouldn't complain). It was the only one I could find.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #307
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Hormones

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I find that it hurts like heck and It hurts for a few days afterwards. The redness will subside in 3 or 4 days. I've also been told not to have it done close to that time of the month as for some reason the area is more sensitive I can't explain that, it is just what I've been told.
Its to with the changes in hormone levels. Thats why you break out in spots etc and have all those chocolate cravings

As for a PP about the dry shampoo psst I think? Anyway we have stuff in the UK called Batist dry shampoo and it works wonders. It comes out like a sort of talc mist and you rub it into the roots. The talc stuff works to soak up the oil and it gives your hair a boost. Just make sure that you don't over do it or you end up with too much powder and have to wash your hair any way.
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #308
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Here's my bathroom organizer:

It's from Lush, of course! I don't like this picture, because it's harder to see how to use it. See the hole on the left? Imagine it rotated 90 degrees to the right, and hanging from the hole.

I have at least 3 of the round tins, and the wrap came with a round one, a square one and the oval. I like that I can just roll it all up and tie it closed. It's great for travelling. Of course I use one for shampoo, one for Jungle conditioner, another for soap. My all-time favorite Lush soap is Ooh La La. Or Snowcake. I really liked 17 Cherry Tree Lane, but it's discontinued.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #309
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

I am soooo jealous of you guys who are close to a Lush store. I live in BFE.

I love this!~~And also in the dream we're wearing our lime green crocs and applying our sunscreen we've just got out of our shoe organizer hanging in the room!

When we're dreaming about tucking our Lush items into our Vera Bradley backpacks and checking to make sure we have what we need to apply under our girls why yes we might be Dis'ing a bit ~~

Need to add we are one bare mineral wearing, waxing, de -frizzing, no sweaty tatas bunch!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #310
DearDaisyinDurham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzrn View Post
Oh boyWhat a great thread!!! I just found it this morning and already have a huge list of things to get... 5 weeks until our trip, no time to spare! A few things... spray tanning.. I just did this a few weeks ago for a wedding and loved it, BUT.... does anyone think it would "run" in the Florida heat/humidity? Also, I love the shoe bag idea, but do you just take this with you, or do you pack everything in it? Seems like a problem going through security to me... I'm so excited about this forum, my thoughts are racing... I'll be back later
Did anyone answer your spray tan ? - they told me not to sweat or get wet for at least 12 hours. Then to avoid cholorine, that would make it come off faster, and try not to scrub your skin w/ a towel when drying off after bathing, b/c it will come off if you scrub it. Baby your skin as much as possible and it will last longer. I don't think it would "run" after 24 hours but maybe someone else has tried it?

Also:
Went to get my hair colored today & spotted MoroccanOil w/ their products! My stylist thought it was funny that I got so excited! I said, this was HIGHLY recommended to me (on the Dis)! And she said, it is an awesome product! Needless to say, I am now a proud owner & it will be going in the bag for FLA!! Also posted this on the "Lookin Good" thread.

This is such a fun thread, hope we keep adding ~ and dreaming ~ !!!

Last edited by DearDaisyinDurham; 05-07-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: ETA: MoroccanOil
DearDaisyinDurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #311
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani C View Post
Where did you get your organizers? Mine is so ugly, it has flowers on it (but hey it was only a buck, so maybe I shouldn't complain). It was the only one I could find.
I found one at walmart for $6 that I got - It looked a little sturdier that the dollar tree one.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #312
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Did anyone answer your spray tan ? - they told me not to sweat or get wet for at least 12 hours. Then to avoid cholorine, that would make it come off faster, and try not to scrub your skin w/ a towel when drying off after bathing, b/c it will come off if you scrub it. Baby your skin as much as possible and it will last longer. I don't think it would "run" after 24 hours but maybe someone else has tried it?

Also:
Went to get my hair colored today & spotted MoroccanOil w/ their products! My stylist thought it was funny that I got so excited! I said, this was HIGHLY recommended to me (on the Dis)! And she said, it is an awesome product! Needless to say, I am now a proud owner & it will be going in the bag for FLA!! Also posted this on the "Lookin Good" thread.

This is such a fun thread, hope we keep adding ~ and dreaming ~ !!!
I guess I missed the morracan oil post - What's Morroccanoil?
Also thanks for the tanning info - I want a spray tan, legs and bikini wax, hair cut, mani and pedi before I go. Yikes I need $500.00 of maintance to go on vacation.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #313
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Braids

My fellow sisters and those of us who wear their hair in braids. Remember to put sunscreen or something to protect your skin in your parts. I got sunburn in my parts the last time. NOT FUN! Don't get burned like me!!!

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Candy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #314
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

FYI I found this link on another thread- but it is a good one!

http://review-monistat-face-primer.u...redguides.com/
Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #315
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

I'm one of those girls that wear make-up everywhere, including the pool haha! I wear more make-up in the winter months than in the spring/summer/fall. But as the weather slowly changes so does my make-up regime. Lately, I've wearing what I normally wear in the summer, since the weather has been muggy & warm. I really, really love Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer in Luminous for the summer. It gives the skin such a beautiful look. It's quite expensive, but a little goes a very long way. It doesn't run, never feels thick, and has SPF, which is always a plus for summer, especially in Disney. I use also love Clinique Long Last Glosswear too. It stays on all day, looks super shiny and has SPF 15 in it as well. I wouldn't dare wear super shiny gloss on a hot day lounging about, but this stuff is really amazing. It saves my lips in the summer
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: