Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #286
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkipowell1 View Post
Thanks, It's the first time for leg waxing and I just don't want to deal with it since Aunt Flo might follow us down there as well. How long should I go without shaving before I get my legs waxed? I was just gonna do lower half, no hair on top half.
The hairs need to be about 1cm long.

If you can find a beautician who does sugaring as opposed to waxing so for it! It's so much gentler on your skin (wax sticks to your skin and hair, whereas the sugar only sticks to hair so causes no skin trauma and is less painful because of that too!)

I love my sugaring lady!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #287
nikkipowell1
I always cry when I see my kids first expressions at Cinderellas Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
The hairs need to be about 1cm long.

If you can find a beautician who does sugaring as opposed to waxing so for it! It's so much gentler on your skin (wax sticks to your skin and hair, whereas the sugar only sticks to hair so causes no skin trauma and is less painful because of that too!)

I love my sugaring lady!!
I made my appt for 5 days before we leave and it was $40 for half leg wax. We'll see how it goes. They said it lasts about 3-4 weeks, I hope.

nikkipowell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #288
eeyore7360
Mouseketeer

I had to do a double take when I saw your post. I thought I was the only Nikki Powell around.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #289
nikkipowell1
I always cry when I see my kids first expressions at Cinderellas Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore7360 View Post
I had to do a double take when I saw your post. I thought I was the only Nikki Powell around.
Nice to meet you Nikki Powell. Maybe we will see you at Disney

nikkipowell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #290
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Great thread!! I haven't read through it all yet. For curly hair girls, Morrocan Oil Curly hair creme works great for me and it smells so nice too!!
jpmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #291
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wont be getting my legs waxed, but I will be getting other 'uh-hum' bits done.

Will get it done about 5 days before leaving. Legs you could do like 2 days before, as they aren't as delicate....
thinking about having uh hum areas done for first time for this trip. So ya saying that area will be ultra sensitive for a few days - give me the low down (no pun intended)
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #292
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
thinking about having uh hum areas done for first time for this trip. So ya saying that area will be ultra sensitive for a few days - give me the low down (no pun intended)
Haha, low down.

I think it's different for different people, but I have pretty sensitive skin so I might be the worst case scenario...

The day I get it done it just feels a little bit bruised afterwards, and then all the days after that it doesn't hurt at all, but each little hair follicle goes red and stays red for like 3/4 days so it isn't very pretty!

Just make sure not to sit in a hot bath for the first couple of days, as the pores are open and the hot water can make it redder, I also use aloe vera gel on it as it calms it down a lot quicker.

But I loooove my waxes and the 4 weeks of hairlessness is way worth a couple days of redness!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #293
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha, low down.

I think it's different for different people, but I have pretty sensitive skin so I might be the worst case scenario...

The day I get it done it just feels a little bit bruised afterwards, and then all the days after that it doesn't hurt at all, but each little hair follicle goes red and stays red for like 3/4 days so it isn't very pretty!

Just make sure not to sit in a hot bath for the first couple of days, as the pores are open and the hot water can make it redder, I also use aloe vera gel on it as it calms it down a lot quicker.

But I loooove my waxes and the 4 weeks of hairlessness is way worth a couple days of redness!
thanks. I've done my legs for awhile but have never ventured further north yet. - So it's good to know what to expect
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #294
torsie24

Quote:
thanks. I've done my legs for awhile but have never ventured further north yet. - So it's good to know what to expect
No problems!!

I find leg waxing hurts too much for me!!! So hopefully more northerly regions should be OK for you!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #295
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
I find that it hurts like heck and It hurts for a few days afterwards. The redness will subside in 3 or 4 days. I've also been told not to have it done close to that time of the month as for some reason the area is more sensitive I can't explain that, it is just what I've been told.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #296
gigglz32
*flowergrl*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyScott View Post
I wouldn't have thought about that but in my case, not much of a worry.

I have a question, appropriate to this thread. What is the practicality, if any, of wearing a skirt? I was thinking about this. I do tend to wear skirts in the summer quite a bit. I hadn't thought about wearing one to WDW but they do keep ya cool. I just don't know, though, climbing into rides, getting wet, if they would be a really bad choice. Not the big flowing hippie skirts, but something more like a shorter straight skirt? Or maybe the big flowing hippie ones would actually be better?

Or would I just look too "what not to wear" traipsing around the Magic Kingdom in a hippie skirt, fannie pack, and matching family t-shirt? Yikes. Maybe I just answered my own question?

Anyone? Anyone?
I've though abt it myself, the best advice I came up w/ is the skirt that comes with the shorts under (skort?) I think thats the name, I found a pair a while back at old navy.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #297
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

What about a summer dress? I was thinking of taking one or two with me when we went next week since it's going to be so hot! I'm going to bring pants and shorts of course, as back up. But I was hoping the dress would keep me nice and cool. I'm one of those girls that always wears something under the dress so no one see my undergarments. Any advice or just don't do it? Haha!
TokyoDina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #298
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

One of my best friends just filled me in on a little secret.....she has super thick, curly hair like me. She can go 4-5 days w/out washing it by using a dry shampoo called "Psssst!" I'm not saying we should all go 5 days w/out washing our hair, but I'm curious to check out this product.

Think about being at MK all day & rushing back to your resort to get ready for signature ADRs or something. You could just spray your hair w/ Psssst & it would be as good as new! Yes, I know---it sounds gross to not get totally freshened up, but it could be so handy if you're in a time crunch. We always tend to push the time limits. My Walgreens was out the other day, but I need to check at CVS.
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #299
TinkabellSoph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
I don't know if I'm allowed to recommend a company, but here goes:

Because of the rules about liquids in your carry-on luggage on planes, I recommend taking shampoos from Lush!

They make excellent solid shampoos, which cost around $9 for a round bar. The bars last for ages and ages, and you just swipe them on your head. (if you buy 2 shampoo bars, you get a free tin to store one!) They make 2 varieties with conditioner right in the bar, so you don't need to buy separate conditioner, but of course, they sell separate conditioner too, including a solid conditioner.

I always take Lush hair products when travelling, it's so easy to just toss a tin with my shampoo into a bag and not have to worry about leakage!

Lush's big selling point is that the products are all hand-made, cruelty-free, and FRESH!!
OH.MY.GOD.

I bought the Lush shampoo this weekend, and it is amazing!!

I've recently gone back to using more natural products on my hair and the lush shampoo is much better by far.

This will definitely be coming with me to Florida!!

Thank you for the advice

xx
TinkabellSoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #300
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkabellSoph View Post
OH.MY.GOD.

I bought the Lush shampoo this weekend, and it is amazing!!

I've recently gone back to using more natural products on my hair and the lush shampoo is much better by far.

This will definitely be coming with me to Florida!!

Thank you for the advice

xx
Haha - I am sooooo going to Lush this weekend now!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: