Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #271
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
QUESTION?
have any of you used a shower curtain as a privacy screen between the beds and the bathroom? We will be staying at POP and I need to know if I need a shower rod or a tension rod to fit across there because I don't know how wide it is. Any ideas?

For a while, I was considering POP, but we became a party of 5, so we're staying at Port Orleans Resort. But I did read the POP FAQs and I remember reading this:

"If you need additional privacy from the vanity area or if you're looking to darken the sleeping area while you’re getting ready in the morning, pack a tension rod and shower curtain w/rings or a regular curtain. Place this between the vanity area and the bed area. The width of this "doorway" is 38", so plan accordingly. An alternative is to use two Command Adhesive (removable) Hooks and hang shower curtain on the hooks."
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #272
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

please keep the great ideas coming! making a list of products to try from this thread!
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #273
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Sunscreen tip

I use a sports sunscreen (I prefer Coppertone).It is sweat proof and doesn't seem to run and doesn't really have that sunscreen smell, and I use a different sunscreen for the face. I always put sunsreen on in the room before ever hitting the parks. Why? Because you can get bettter coverage, it's cooler in the room, it's easier to get sunscreen on the kids if they have the Disney channel to keep them busy, for that matter DH too.
By the time you reach the parks the lotion has had time to set, and you should be good till lunch time then reapply. This is a tired a true tip. I'm a Florida Girl and have very fair skin and this has worked for me always.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #274
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
I use a sports sunscreen (I prefer Coppertone).It is sweat proof and doesn't seem to run and doesn't really have that sunscreen smell, and I use a different sunscreen for the face. I always put sunsreen on in the room before ever hitting the parks. Why? Because you can get bettter coverage, it's cooler in the room, it's easier to get sunscreen on the kids if they have the Disney channel to keep them busy, for that matter DH too.
By the time you reach the parks the lotion has had time to set, and you should be good till lunch time then reapply. This is a tired a true tip. I'm a Florida Girl and have very fair skin and this has worked for me always.
Great tip! When we are on hot, poolside vacations we always do our sunscreen before we leave the room, and the days we try and do it poolside are the days we burn!

Also we use a great product called P20 (http://www.p20.co.uk/) which I'm not sure if you get in the States, but it lasts for 10 hours and we have never, ever got burnt using it!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #275
dmzrn
Earning My Ears

Oh boyWhat a great thread!!! I just found it this morning and already have a huge list of things to get... 5 weeks until our trip, no time to spare! A few things... spray tanning.. I just did this a few weeks ago for a wedding and loved it, BUT.... does anyone think it would "run" in the Florida heat/humidity? Also, I love the shoe bag idea, but do you just take this with you, or do you pack everything in it? Seems like a problem going through security to me... I'm so excited about this forum, my thoughts are racing... I'll be back later
dmzrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #276
Robindianne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
For a while, I was considering POP, but we became a party of 5, so we're staying at Port Orleans Resort. But I did read the POP FAQs and I remember reading this:

"If you need additional privacy from the vanity area or if you're looking to darken the sleeping area while you’re getting ready in the morning, pack a tension rod and shower curtain w/rings or a regular curtain. Place this between the vanity area and the bed area. The width of this "doorway" is 38", so plan accordingly. An alternative is to use two Command Adhesive (removable) Hooks and hang shower curtain on the hooks."
OT. OMG your kitten sig is sooooooooo funny! I'm a writer and this is a pet peeve I have. Also an SPCA member - so together,

Robindianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #277
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #278
torsie24

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #279
Robindianne
DIS Veteran

You are too too funny! I'm forwarding this to my DH. His humor is the same. LOL
Quote:

Robindianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #280
trustknoone
Mouseketeer

I have read this entire thread and don't think I have seen anyone mention Undies. I found what I think is the best undies ever they don't seem to get wet and they sure don't stay wet.
They are Hanes, I get them at Target but you can look at them here
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/...nes/HCIQ2.aspx

I like them because while they aren't a wick dry material they stay super dry nothing worse than wick dry shorts and soggy cotton undies blech.

Get your normal size, you will pull them out and swear they won't fit but they do really. They are super comfy too.
trustknoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #281
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustknoone View Post
I have read this entire thread and don't think I have seen anyone mention Undies. I found what I think is the best undies ever they don't seem to get wet and they sure don't stay wet.
They are Hanes, I get them at Target but you can look at them here
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/...nes/HCIQ2.aspx

I like them because while they aren't a wick dry material they stay super dry nothing worse than wick dry shorts and soggy cotton undies blech.

Get your normal size, you will pull them out and swear they won't fit but they do really. They are super comfy too.
I tried these when they first came out, it was a free offer from Hanes. I didn't find them comfortable at all and they leave major panty lines. They did dry quickly though. I like the samba style by Maidenform, but they are no longer making them the same way that they did in the past I bought everything I could find around here when they were still available. I'm prepared for a while longer, then I will have to find something new. The Maidenform ones stayed in place, were very comfortable (no wedgies ever) and dried quickly. Perfect under everything. Best of all NO panty lines.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #282
TinkabellSoph
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

I'm loving this tread!!

I wanted to share a sunlotion product I have found which I will be taking to WDW in July, I'm not sure if anyone else has found these, but I am interested in how you have got on with them...

It's Called a Piz Buin Sunband:
http://www.pizbuin.com/summer_suncare_sunband.jsp

I thought it would be a good idea for me as I have really fair skinned and like to have sun lotion available at all times... wearing in around the wrist leaves room in the bag for more important things!!

If you have used the sunband, would you mind explaining how you found them in the parks?

x

P.S. Great Tips by the way... keep them coming!
TinkabellSoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #283
nikkipowell1
I always cry when I see my kids first expressions at Cinderellas Castle.

I searched this thread and there were a million, so I am gonna ask:

Does anyone get there legs waxed before going to Disney? If you do, how far in advanced?

Thanks,

nikkipowell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #284
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkipowell1 View Post
I searched this thread and there were a million, so I am gonna ask:

Does anyone get there legs waxed before going to Disney? If you do, how far in advanced?

Thanks,

I wont be getting my legs waxed, but I will be getting other 'uh-hum' bits done.

Will get it done about 5 days before leaving. Legs you could do like 2 days before, as they aren't as delicate....

Old 05-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #285
nikkipowell1
I always cry when I see my kids first expressions at Cinderellas Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
I wont be getting my legs waxed, but I will be getting other 'uh-hum' bits done.

Will get it done about 5 days before leaving. Legs you could do like 2 days before, as they aren't as delicate....
Thanks, It's the first time for leg waxing and I just don't want to deal with it since Aunt Flo might follow us down there as well. How long should I go without shaving before I get my legs waxed? I was just gonna do lower half, no hair on top half.

nikkipowell1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: