Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #256
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
LOVE the picture! Thanks for the idea!
No problem! I posted this pic on another thread & it got all kinds of attention. Just wanted to share the love with you all! I did actually get nervous (after I posted it before) about some of the things in the pockets. Luckily, no feminine "stuff" showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
Geez! I bought a shoe organizer after reading the tips on this board and now I'm wondering if one is enough!
If you'll notice, I had several empty pockets. I keep NOTHING on the countertops. This would've free'd up a pocket or two.(I'm a germ-a-phobe & I don't like my hairbrushes, toothbrushes or ANYTHING on a hotel countertop.) So, you may have more room if you're not as OCD as me. We won't even talk about the fact that I carry my own sheets, blankets, & pillows.
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #257
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reservations4five View Post
Actually it was from last year- you would think that being a nurse I would have thought of that LOL- I bought some new-But I think it was the combination being on blacktop and being in the water. We were at a car-wash for 6 hours. I did reapply. I am also the only one who got burnt. I found some aloe with lidocaine, and my mam suggested vinegar compresses. I am feeling much better. Thanks!
Glad you're doing better
p.s. I'm a nurse too.

Last edited by meanmom121; 04-28-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: misspelling
meanmom121 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #258
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

QUESTION?
have any of you used a shower curtain as a privacy screen between the beds and the bathroom? We will be staying at POP and I need to know if I need a shower rod or a tension rod to fit across there because I don't know how wide it is. Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #259
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QUESTION?
have any of you used a shower curtain as a privacy screen between the beds and the bathroom? We will be staying at POP and I need to know if I need a shower rod or a tension rod to fit across there because I don't know how wide it is. Any ideas?
I like your shower curtain idea. We are staying at BC and looks like there is no kind of separation between the sink area and the room. The bathroom looks like it could be tight to get changed in.
Sweety_tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #260
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
QUESTION?
What a great idea! I think it would be the perfect width for a tension rod. Sept will be our first time to stay at POP, but if it's at all like ASMo, the rod will work! I can't wait to try it. (Not only for privacy, but for kinda keeping the bathroom lights off the beds at night.)
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #261
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

The best thing ever for a sunburn is men's shaving cream with aloe. Just put it on the skin and let it absorb. It sounds crazy but it works. I know due to the fact that most of my family members have red hair and very fair skin.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #262
3goofyboys
Me and my 3 goofy boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
We do too...Two, as a matter of fact! I couldn't travel without 'em.

I see many of you change up your BC pills to alter your period. My tubes are tied & I have no need for BC. Would a gyn give me BC just so I could avoid a vacation period? Would I suffer crazy, hormonal side effects? I'm a total germ-freak & the diva-cup thing is not something I can stomach. (Not trying to offend anyone, it's just not an option for me.)
My husband had a vaso, so I have no need for BC either, but I'm on it because it regulates my AF. So I'd say yep, no problem!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #263
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goofyboys View Post
My husband had a vaso, so I have no need for BC either, but I'm on it because it regulates my AF. So I'd say yep, no problem!
Thanks! I'd never thought about BC until reading this thread. I just have a sneaking suspicion that mean ole bag is gonna show up during our trip! (Who would ever invite her to Disney, anyway?)
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #264
RocketCityMama
Mouseketeer

Great tips! Thanks for sharing ladies, I don't have much to add since it seems to be all here already!
1996 ~2nd Trip ~Shades of Green
Dec 27-29, 2008 ~3rd Trip (DD1 & 2 & DH 1st trip)Coronado Springs
May 22-29, 2009 ~4th Trip Coronado Springs
*~*~*~*Planning next trip soon*~*~*~*
&
RocketCityMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #265
danabalana
Mouseketeer

This thread is awesome. I love it. THANKS for all the great advice ladies. I'm going in August with 5 other women and I'm gonna share all this great info with them. Yikes!! 5 women and one bathroom at the FW cabins.
Actually, I can't wait
Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #266
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabalana View Post
This thread is awesome. I love it. THANKS for all the great advice ladies. I'm going in August with 5 other women and I'm gonna share all this great info with them. Yikes!! 5 women and one bathroom at the FW cabins.
Actually, I can't wait
whew five women, one bathroom. you are brave kemosabe
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #267
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad to be of service I use aerosol deoderant under the girls- but I am sure any would work. Roll on is too "wet" for me personally.

As for the BC pills- I asked my Dr. and she would. I had my tubes tied after my twins, because once you start having them 2 at a time for me it was time to STOP that train LOL. Any ways- she said that she would but she was concerned about blood clots. I was a smoker at the time. She wanted me to stop every 2 hours and walk. So I said forget it I would take my chances.

When I travel I am often mommy/coach. So I have to be prepared for just about everything known to man. I love my shoe organizers and tackle boxes...

Ok, now a question for all of you ladies. I got BURNT bad this weekend. I have never burned in my life- I am on HRT now that I had my hysterectomy, but anyways - I had on SPF 30 and I have freakin BLISTERS on my back I am burnt so bad. So give me the magic remedies for that
I use a product called Australian Gold. It is aloe vera with lanocain for the pain. It's a blue colored gel. It feels so good and cool going on. Works great. If you use it several times a day, you probably won't even peel.
ckdsnynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #268
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenharring View Post
I use a solid roll on deo for under the ****s. Just what I prefer and goes on smooth. I dont use the gel ones for under my ****s, just the solid ones.

Never thought of this! Great tip!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #269
Ddennis37
Mouseketeer

Love the thread.

I have my niece french braid my hair all over the night before we leave. Because she braids it so tight, I can actually wash it while it's braided and I don't have to do anything to it the entire time. Talk about convenience!

I don't wear makeup at all so the only essentials I pack are plenty of underclothes, any feminine items and pain medication. I'm on BC too, but in all the years we've been taking trips I've never been on my cycle while on vacation. I think once or twice I was on my last day when we arrived. What's nice is all the walking really helped with cramps and what not. I haven't checked the dates yet but I definitely plan to regulate mine if I will be on it while there.

We've yet to do anything "fancy" or go to an upscale restaurant while on vacation so I don't pack any type of dress clothes or shoes. It's all about comfort for me.
Ddennis37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #270
scrapbookmom5174
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So tell me about Lush shampoo- also do you use any of the facial cleaners? I have ACNE- not the teenage kind, I have used everything under the sun...
I have developed acne a few years ago (I'm 40 now) and broke out summer after summer. I started buying Arbonne Acne system - wash, moisturizer, and toner and it has worked wonderfully. I barely break out now!!!
scrapbookmom5174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: