Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #241
Libbyt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I used to hate the feel of makeup too. It always felt dry and cakey then in the sun it felt like my face was melting. I ended up wearing no makeup at all. Then I found Bare Minerals and I've totally changed my thinking.
Same for me! I "converted" several years ago; the first day I wore BE, I kept noticing that I could feel the breeze on my face - it was the weirdest thing! I just bought the sunscreen applicator. It looks like it will be excellent to pack in my park bag - freshen up my face and apply SPF at the same time. Has anyone tried this product yet?

Libby
Libbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #242
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by reservations4five View Post
Sam's Club has really cute terry cloth cover up's for around 10 dollars a piece.

I use a shoe organizer for all of our "stuff" and clear tackle boxes to hold our little things, like medicines, hair ties, ect....
We do too...Two, as a matter of fact! I couldn't travel without 'em.

I have REALLY thick, curly hair. I wear it a few inches past my shoulders. It tends to get really dry b/c of all the products I use. So, when we head to the waterparks, I wash it in the am before we leave & leave my conditioner (Matrix Conditioning Balm) in my hair. Yes, it rinses out throughout the day, but my hair tends to stay softer if I do this. (If I don't, it gets too brittle/dry.)

Anyway, I LOVE this thread! A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking, "I want to ask the ladies about Aunt Flo coming to visit, but I'm embarassed to start a thread with that!!" I'm SO thankful for whoever started this & then whoever brought it back to life!! So, here it goes.....

I see many of you change up your BC pills to alter your period. My tubes are tied & I have no need for BC. Would a gyn give me BC just so I could avoid a vacation period? Would I suffer crazy, hormonal side effects? I'm a total germ-freak & the diva-cup thing is not something I can stomach. (Not trying to offend anyone, it's just not an option for me.)

Also, I LOVE the deodorant under the b00b tip. Can you use reg. kind, or does it have to be aerosol?
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #243
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

I don't know if you can get it in the US, but we have a drug here in the UK called Norethisterone which isn't a type of BC but it delays you period great!! I've used it for lots of vacations!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #244
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
I don't know if you can get it in the US, but we have a drug here in the UK called Norethisterone which isn't a type of BC but it delays you period great!! I've used it for lots of vacations!!
Thanks! I just did a google search & got several different answers about whether or not it's available in US...go figure! I will check w/ my dr when I get a chance.

The Florida humidity/heat is miserable enough by itself, I can't imagine dealing with Aunt Flo too!!!
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #245
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post

I have REALLY thick, curly hair. I wear it a few inches past my shoulders. It tends to get really dry b/c of all the products I use. So, when we head to the waterparks, I wash it in the am before we leave & leave my conditioner (Matrix Conditioning Balm) in my hair. Yes, it rinses out throughout the day, but my hair tends to stay softer if I do this. (If I don't, it gets too brittle/dry.)

Anyway, I LOVE this thread! A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking, "I want to ask the ladies about Aunt Flo coming to visit, but I'm embarassed to start a thread with that!!" I'm SO thankful for whoever started this & then whoever brought it back to life!! So, here it goes.....

I see many of you change up your BC pills to alter your period. My tubes are tied & I have no need for BC. Would a gyn give me BC just so I could avoid a vacation period? Would I suffer crazy, hormonal side effects? I'm a total germ-freak & the diva-cup thing is not something I can stomach. (Not trying to offend anyone, it's just not an option for me.)

Also, I LOVE the deodorant under the b00b tip. Can you use reg. kind, or does it have to be aerosol?

I am so glad to be of service I use aerosol deoderant under the girls- but I am sure any would work. Roll on is too "wet" for me personally.

As for the BC pills- I asked my Dr. and she would. I had my tubes tied after my twins, because once you start having them 2 at a time for me it was time to STOP that train LOL. Any ways- she said that she would but she was concerned about blood clots. I was a smoker at the time. She wanted me to stop every 2 hours and walk. So I said forget it I would take my chances.

When I travel I am often mommy/coach. So I have to be prepared for just about everything known to man. I love my shoe organizers and tackle boxes...

Ok, now a question for all of you ladies. I got BURNT bad this weekend. I have never burned in my life- I am on HRT now that I had my hysterectomy, but anyways - I had on SPF 30 and I have freakin BLISTERS on my back I am burnt so bad. So give me the magic remedies for that
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #246
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
I am so glad to be of service I use aerosol deoderant under the girls- but I am sure any would work. Roll on is too "wet" for me personally. Thanks-spray it is!

As for the BC pills- I asked my Dr. and she would. I had my tubes tied after my twins, because once you start having them 2 at a time for me it was time to STOP that train LOL. Any ways- she said that she would but she was concerned about blood clots. I was a smoker at the time. She wanted me to stop every 2 hours and walk. So I said forget it I would take my chances. LOL! You are too funny! Okay, so why blood clots? Was it the combo of BC with smoking?

When I travel I am often mommy/coach. So I have to be prepared for just about everything known to man. I love my shoe organizers and tackle boxes...

Ok, now a question for all of you ladies. I got BURNT bad this weekend. I have never burned in my life- I am on HRT now that I had my hysterectomy, but anyways - I had on SPF 30 and I have freakin BLISTERS on my back I am burnt so bad. So give me the magic remedies for that
Oh no! My family is all red-headed & very fair. We slather on so much sunscreen that we rarely get burnt. But, when we do--I sometimes use our aloe vera house plant. I LOVE the bottled aloe you can buy at Walmart or whereever in the sunscreen section. (It's usually bright blue or green.) It has lanacane or something like that in it. It cools your skin while the aloe heals it.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #247
jenharring
DIS Veteran

I use a solid roll on deo for under the ****s. Just what I prefer and goes on smooth. I dont use the gel ones for under my ****s, just the solid ones.
And for Aunt flo Can't we all just gang up and kill her once and for all!

FYI: IF YOU CANT TELL I CAN'T SPEEL OPPS SPELL [/COLOR]
jenharring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #248
reservations4five

Quote:
Oh no! My family is all red-headed & very fair. We slather on so much sunscreen that we rarely get burnt. But, when we do--I sometimes use our aloe vera house plant. I LOVE the bottled aloe you can buy at Walmart or whereever in the sunscreen section. (It's usually bright blue or green.) It has lanacane or something like that in it. It cools your skin while the aloe heals it.

That's what I am using *sigh* I guess I will just have to wait it out- paying my stupid tax.

I believe it was because I was a smoker. That and I was just starting them like 2 weeks before my trip. I would suggest starting them atleast a couple of months in advance.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #249
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Thumbs up

Quote:
LOVE the picture! Thanks for the idea!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #250
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Geez! I bought a shoe organizer after reading the tips on this board and now I'm wondering if one is enough!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #251
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad to be of service I use aerosol deoderant under the girls- but I am sure any would work. Roll on is too "wet" for me personally.

As for the BC pills- I asked my Dr. and she would. I had my tubes tied after my twins, because once you start having them 2 at a time for me it was time to STOP that train LOL. Any ways- she said that she would but she was concerned about blood clots. I was a smoker at the time. She wanted me to stop every 2 hours and walk. So I said forget it I would take my chances.

I like ocean potion - you can get it a walmart. or the aloe vera gel with lidocaine. Was you sunscreen from last year? after about a year it becomes ineffective. You need to buy new sunscree annually.

Last edited by meanmom121; 04-28-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: add more info
meanmom121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #252
reservations4five

Actually it was from last year- you would think that being a nurse I would have thought of that LOL- I bought some new-But I think it was the combination being on blacktop and being in the water. We were at a car-wash for 6 hours. I did reapply. I am also the only one who got burnt. I found some aloe with lidocaine, and my mam suggested vinegar compresses. I am feeling much better. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #253
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
That can really be a problem, especially in a humid climate. I tried a cute denim above-the-knee skirt on a vacation in California last year, and was miserable because of inner-thigh chafing (and I have fairly thin legs!). I ended up running back to my hotel to get my Dove solid antiperspirant and used that on my thighs, which helped.

I have better luck with "skorts" - they look like a skirt, but have attached shorts underneath. I have a knit one that looks very cute, and it was very comfortable on my last WDW trip. Also, not as much to worry about when on rides, since you don't have a skirt blowing up!
The best thing I've found to wear for days of long walking around the parks are....

Drumroll please...

GOLF SKIRTS!

They have the inside shorts and are made of quick drying material perfect for Kali Rapids and Splash.

I get alot of mine from Golfsmith when they have them on sale... www.golfsmith.com
SKTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #254
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post
The best thing I've found to wear for days of long walking around the parks are....

Drumroll please...

GOLF SKIRTS!

They have the inside shorts and are made of quick drying material perfect for Kali Rapids and Splash.

I get alot of mine from Golfsmith when they have them on sale... www.golfsmith.com
CUTE!! I love golf clothes!! And maybe tennis ones too I guess!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #255
timzagain
Rena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post

Drumroll please...

GOLF SKIRTS!

That's a really good idea!
timzagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: