Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #211
louey
and she paid alot of money to look like that
Some groups do long distance

Just chimming in about the professional air brush tan I got it a few weeks ago and loved it.. getting another one done in a week. I wished I would have discovered it soon.

louey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #212
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug View Post
OMG! I swear I read this at exactly the same time I was thinking "maybe I should say something about spray tanning.."
I got one last week as a test (didn't want to go on vacation looking like an oompa loompa!) and I LOVED it! It wasn't orange at all, and it makes you look thinner (what's better than that?) I am basically see through and didn't want to go to Florida looking like an escapee from the Haunted Mansion, so I am sooo glad that it worked out! It didn't rub off on my clothes, (they did warn me that it could but that other than silk it washes out 100%) It did get on the undies I was wearing while getting sprayed, and it all washed out no problem. I got mine buy one get one free, so it was only around $20 a spray. So that's my tip. Spray tanning makes you look human and skinny! Yay!
I'm pretty sure it's gonna take an awful lot of tan to make me look thinnerHave they got a 55 gallon drum? Thanks for the advice though it was very helpful. What salon did you use? was a chain salon or a pvt owned?
Karen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #213
timzagain
Rena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's gonna take an awful lot of tan to make me look thinnerHave they got a 55 gallon drum? Karen
Now, that was funny!

Don't be so hard on yourself - I'm sure you won't need a 55 gallon drum!
timzagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #214
timzagain
Rena

When I'm in the parks, I like to have my hair up in a pony-tail or jaw clip. or away from my face with a headband. Instead of worrying about packing hair accessories to match my outfits, I pack hair accessories that match my hair colour (almost black)! That way, my hair accessories never clash with what I'm wearing.

This simplified approach comes in really handy when I'm travelling with our 3 girls!
timzagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #215
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
LUSH Lover HeRe! Their lip balms in the little pots are awesome. I have chocolate Whipstick and Honey trap. Addictive.
So tell me about Lush shampoo- also do you use any of the facial cleaners? I have ACNE- not the teenage kind, I have used everything under the sun...
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #216
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reservations4five View Post
So tell me about Lush shampoo- also do you use any of the facial cleaners? I have ACNE- not the teenage kind, I have used everything under the sun...

Lush makes what they call shampoo "pucks". They're similar in size to a hockey puck. If you buy 2 pucks, you'll get a free tin to keep it in. These are super for travelling!!

I like the one called "Godiva", because it smells so wonderful. It's supposed to have conditioner, but I still use conditioner with it. They also make one called "Hybrid" that's a shampoo and conditioner in one. I'm just okay with it.

My favorite solid shampoos would be Seanik and Gentle Lentil. The Gentle Lentil is not a puck-shaped one, so it won't fit in the tins, but it's so wonderful and smells divine!!

Lush also makes a solid conditioner called Jungle, that I cannot live without. I use it by simply stroking it down my hair, or I turn it over and over in my warm hands, to melt it slightly. Then I stroke my Jungle-y hands down my locks.

You'll pay about $8-$10 for a solid shampoo, but they last for a very long time!

As far as the adult acne goes, I would recommend either Angels on Bare Skin, or Sweet Japanese Girl. Both very different from each other. AOBS is a paste, it comes in a tub, and you scoop out a pea-sized amount. I rub it all over my wet face. SWJ, though, is a solid bar, made with butters, and I rub it all over my DRY face. I then wipe my face off.

The Lush forums are very helpful.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #217
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers

Maye you could try Herbalism or Mask of Magnaminty Cleanser? I've got Angels on Bare Skin and love it.

It might be worth talking to their customer service and getting their input. Right now they have a skin care sample kit, think it's 7 products for $20.

If you have a store near you, they'll give you free samples. I'm trying their Big hair shampoo and it's incredible - the samples look tiny but their products are so pure and potent you don't need a lot.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #218
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

awesome! thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #219
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

1. I carry a travel size container with high SPF sunscreen and apply frequently. 2. use tinted chapstick with high SPF instead of lip gloss 3. leave all my "good" jewelry at home and wear costume jewelry on trips. 4. wear tried and true shoes/sandals...never a new pair! 5. shop in the off season for designer cruise wear and beaded/jeweled tops to pair with my white and khaki shorts from the mall for a fun and classy appearance. (I love to look good in the World)! 6. get a hair cut about 3 weeks prior to the trip and use only a surfer paste (Garnier) for my short hair. In less than 60 days we'll be there and I'll be ready
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #220
bearlyanne
DIS Veteran

my secret is Neutrogena Facial Wipes!

I get the travel sized package and leave them in my cooler. Whenever I want to be refreshed , I wipe my face with them. There is no need to rinse with water and it totally cools you down

best part is that I can still wear eye makeup!

for my fellow sparkle lovers- MAC makes a wonderful sparkle. It isn't a suncreen but I wll mix it with my initial lotion applcation and it lasts all day long

and one more thing...If my recently cut short hair can handle it, I am planning on wearing my wedding tiara b/c Disney is probably the only place I can wear it again without being institutionalized!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #221
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet843 View Post
Good tips ... your so lucky to have such beautiful skin that you can get away with just some mascara. I have a lot of redness and uneven skin so I have to wear some powder or concealer - or I look like death!

I know people in Disney don't care and will probably never see me again - but no use scaring the little kiddos!
Believe me, my skin is NOT good! I just can't stand to have on makeup in all that heat! So come on, ditch it for a day!
__________________________________________________ __

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzneelvr View Post
3. leave all my "good" jewelry at home and wear costume jewelry on trips.
4. wear tried and true shoes/sandals...never a new pair!
I do these 2 also!
Glendamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #222
crcurton
DISser since 2001

Great Thread! Glad it was brought back!!!
POFQ : 05
SOG : 07
Poly : 99,09,11
BLT : 10
crcurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #223
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlyanne View Post
my secret is Neutrogena Facial Wipes!

I get the travel sized package and leave them in my cooler. Whenever I want to be refreshed , I wipe my face with them. There is no need to rinse with water and it totally cools you down

best part is that I can still wear eye makeup!

for my fellow sparkle lovers- MAC makes a wonderful sparkle. It isn't a suncreen but I wll mix it with my initial lotion applcation and it lasts all day long

and one more thing...If my recently cut short hair can handle it, I am planning on wearing my wedding tiara b/c Disney is probably the only place I can wear it again without being institutionalized!
I love the cool facial wipes idea - thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #224
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Aftersun

Ok maybe its been mentioned before but if you put your aftersun cream/lotion gel etc in the fridge. It is a really good way to cool down after a hot day in the sun.

If you can't get it in the fridge then get one of the large cups fill it with ice and sit the bottle in it rather like you would with a bottle of wine!

It also feels good if you have managed to get a little pink.
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #225
bearlyanne
DIS Veteran

I thought of another tip...one that defintely falls in the vanity catagory

For the waterparks and pools, or anywhere where you might be wearing a swim coverup when photos are being taken....Wear terrycloth coverups!

Sadly, I found this out the hard way. At Sesame Place (which is a waterpark combined with normal rides in the same area)-I had the cutest picture taken of dd, me and Elmo; but I had 'wet spots' all over my coverup . I looked like a sweaty mess, even though I was just wet. UGGH!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: