Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #196
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=jenharring;31379264]yes you can buy it here in the states. It also helps with your sex drive. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

Yee Haw!!!!]
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #197
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reservations4five View Post
I use spray deoderant under my breasts- I have rather large ones and I hate the feeling of sweaty tata's- I love shower fresh powder in the summer.

Monistat makes a non chafing gel that is wonderful too- I actually use it as a make up base.
I use a rollon or stick in the same place at first i thought i was weird when i tried it and then i thought i dided and goen to heaven!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #198
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

I am trying to catch up in the reading when I am done I will give my ideas if I have any.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #199
Piglet843
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
6. Makeup - I only do mascara. At night, I MAY do eyeliner or some eye shadow as well, since it's a bit cooler. The less on my face the better.

Good tips ... your so lucky to have such beautiful skin that you can get away with just some mascara. I have a lot of redness and uneven skin so I have to wear some powder or concealer - or I look like death!

I know people in Disney don't care and will probably never see me again - but no use scaring the little kiddos!
April 2009 - CSR - 4 Year Anniversary
October 2010 - CSR - Our First Food and Wine Festival
Piglet843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #200
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Loving loving these tips.
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #201
WDWCNY
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great tips. This thread is great.

Sweating problem: My podiatrist suggested using antiperspirant on my feet because they sweat. I use it everyday and it works in controlling the problem. Just have to find one that works for you. Know I have found other uses of the anitperspirant now from this thread.

Beating the heat: Nothig is better then staying hydrated. Drink lots of water.

As for the "That time of the Month" Since I got Implanon(3 years BC) don't have this problem even though I do spot once in a while. I just got use to wearing pantiliners everyday. Wearing pantiliners also helps with the you know where sweating problem.

I once in a while get migraines and one of the girls at work told me her doctor suggest taking Ibuprophen and drinking something with caffine in it. The caffine will help the medication dispurse faster. I've treid this and it works. But remember that caffine also dehydrates you and you will need to drink more water a little later.

When saving money for the trip I use that Disney Gift Card. I load money on to the card at the Disney store when I have extra cash. I also know you can get these on line if you don't have a disney store near you. I aso have read that the rechargable visa/mc can be used. If you happen to lose them you can always report them lost. Just remember to keep the numbers to the card, the phone number you need to call and proof of purchase with you at the park or in the hotel safe(if staying on property) so you will be able to report them lost if needed. Have a piggy bank that all lose change goes into until right before the trip, Then taken to bank or the coin machines to get paper money.

Keep the tips coming. I already have a list of items that I am going to look at when I am at the store the next time.
WDWCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #202
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I use a rollon or stick in the same place at first i thought i was weird when i tried it and then i thought i dided and goen to heaven!!!
I take enough bras that I can put on a clean one after I shower in the afternoon. I thought that I was weird too, but it works! and it doesn't gunk up like some powders do. I felt like a new woman after a shower and clean/dry clothes during our last trip.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #203
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

okay ladies has anyone had a professional spray on tan? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't want it sweating off onto my clothing - any knowledge out there?
Karen
Old 04-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #204
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Spray Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
okay ladies has anyone had a professional spray on tan? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't want it sweating off onto my clothing - any knowledge out there?
Karen
Ok it really depends on your natural skin tone. The best ones I have found are the ones that you build up so you don't go straight to orange (I'm sorry but some people do end up looking like they have dipped themselves in orange paint )

If you do tan its not bad as once it starts to fade/wash off then you should have a tan that blends it all.

Only problem is some are better than others. Avoid white for the first couple of days so that you don't tan your clothes and make sure that you exfoliate especially round your ankles, elbows and knees other wise the tan will really stick and look horrible. Most of the professional people are really good best to ask a few folks in your are who they recommend.
starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #205
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
Ok it really depends on your natural skin tone. The best ones I have found are the ones that you build up so you don't go straight to orange (I'm sorry but some people do end up looking like they have dipped themselves in orange paint )

If you do tan its not bad as once it starts to fade/wash off then you should have a tan that blends it all.

Only problem is some are better than others. Avoid white for the first couple of days so that you don't tan your clothes and make sure that you exfoliate especially round your ankles, elbows and knees other wise the tan will really stick and look horrible. Most of the professional people are really good best to ask a few folks in your are who they recommend.
good advice from starrysky: a couple more things they advised at the salon -
yes EXFOLIATE completely and don't forget to SHAVE (or wax or whatever you do) and don't use moisturizers before your appt.
You want to be "evenly coated" sounds funny but it's true.

Immediately after, you can't do dishes, exercise strenuously (fine by me ) - anything that will make you sweat or be wet - no baths or showers for 12 hours. This helps it to last. For example, my appt was at 6pm two days before the vacation. I was done (all dry) by 6:30pm but did not shower until the next morning.

Help your tan last, moisturize as much as possible in the days following. (I used a good moisturizer w/ "light" self tanning and it did help to blend the tans as starrysky said.)

DON'T scrub when you towel off, pat yourself dry, etc. Baby your skin.

Having tried the spray booth and the profesional "air brushing", the professional result is superior. However you have to drop all modesty Good luck!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #206
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Immediately after, you can't do dishes,

Heck, that's worth a spray tan right there.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #207
DearDaisyinDurham

Quote:
Immediately after, you can't do dishes,

Heck, that's worth a spray tan right there.

Thanks for the advice.

They had me at "no strenuous exercise"
Old 04-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #208
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Karen
OMG! I swear I read this at exactly the same time I was thinking "maybe I should say something about spray tanning.."
I got one last week as a test (didn't want to go on vacation looking like an oompa loompa!) and I LOVED it! It wasn't orange at all, and it makes you look thinner (what's better than that?) I am basically see through and didn't want to go to Florida looking like an escapee from the Haunted Mansion, so I am sooo glad that it worked out! It didn't rub off on my clothes, (they did warn me that it could but that other than silk it washes out 100%) It did get on the undies I was wearing while getting sprayed, and it all washed out no problem. I got mine buy one get one free, so it was only around $20 a spray. So that's my tip. Spray tanning makes you look human and skinny! Yay!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #209
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

I used moisturizer with light tan as well and also thought it helped with the blending! The salon I went to had me apply a barrier cream to my elbows, knuckles, ankles, palms, ect. I still tanned in those places, but she said it would prevent too much from sticking in those spots.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #210
DearDaisyinDurham

Is this the greatest thread or what?!?! Love it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: