Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 PM   #136
Allybaster
Earning My Ears

One of the things I like to get is witch hazel pads. They come in a plastic jar like oxy pads, but all they are is witch hazel. They smell refreshing and they make your skin cooler for a little while.

Chapstick with an SPF number is a must for me. I don't wear makeup so I just use sunscreen and as much chapstick as I can take with me.

I am prone to migraines so I make sure to take my meds with me and put a little collapsible cup in my purse so I don't have to beg for water somewhere.

I think hats are a must, I figure that I am never going to see most of the people at Disney again so they won't judge my hair.

I don't have to worry about that time of the month, I have the Nuvaring and I just pop a new ring in to skip my period. For those who like tampons but are worried about spillage or those who use pads but want a more earth friendly option www dot lunapads dot com is a great website for flannel cotton pads. I have been using them for over a year and I love them. Just wash them out in the sink and leave them out to dry. No throwing anything out. I really can't say enough good things about them.

I love this thread.
Allybaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #137
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

Earlier this year I ordered the "Set of 4 Travel Organizers and Tote Bag by Lori Greiner" from QVC. I wanted something that was easy to pack and then would hang up immediately for easy viewing and access to everything that was in the toiletry bags. I got them about mid-summer and have used them on two trips so far. They have been fantastic. For $30 for the whole set, they are hard to beat.
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #138
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Leaving this month!!

Hurray, DH and I are going on our anniversary trip later this month!!! I've made up my packing list (a compact 1 page). Here are a few things that are great comforts:
LL Bean slippers (great after walking all day)
travel sized bubble bath
body slide (we've discussed this before, but it's the best thing in the world!!)
extra socks, t-shirts and tank tops
2 bathing suits
lots of hair ties and headbands
good books

DH did end up getting me the LL Bean travel/toiletries organizer. I'll be packing that up for our trip! (We're Bean fans!) We are also bringing a coffee maker since we are staying at the Pop. If we have room in the suit cases, I'll bring our bath robes too. When we get there I'll go to the bath store in Downtown Disney and get some nice soaps and bath fizzes.

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #139
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMickey View Post
Great tips!

Here is mine:

I hated that my family (all boys) got to wear swim trunks and a tank to the parks... they dry really quick after a wet ride. SO... I went to walmart and picked out the girlyest mens swim trunks I could find. I went over to the womans section and picked solid tops to go with them (2 colors for each floral short) So I could change out of the wet top and bra into a dry set. The trunks dried really quick! I brought the slider 1 gallon zip lock bags to put the wet stuff in.

Now I know you can buy womans board shorts... but my man shorts didn't belong on a man and they were $7.99 each and womans board shorts started at 32.00 bucks all day long!
There are lots of great tips here. Some things I had never heard of, but will definitely be looking into.

I have found that microfiber is the ONLY way to go. They make lots of cute styles of microfiber shorts for women now. LL Bean, Columbia, even Walmart. They wick away moisture, are lightweight and oh so comfortable. I try to find the kind with linings built in (just like a man's bathing suit) as then I don't need underwear. I also have several pairs of mens swim trunks for the same reason. I get the solid colored ones and you can not tell that they are men's. They are great as if the get wet on a ride or if I just want to splash around Donald's boat with the kids I dry off quickly and am not uncomfortable when wet. I also wear microfiber underwear and bras. I used to wear cotton only, but micro fiber is so much better, the wick the moisture and don't give you that damp feeling. There are tons of brands available now so you don't even have to look hard to find them.

This is one of my men's columbia swim suits

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #140
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by !HereWeCome! View Post
OK... here is where the MEN can stop reading and move along to the next post...

My advice: even if you don't think you will need it bring *ahem* feminine supplies into the PARK with you. Just one or two, just in case. I was not expecting AT ALL to need them and of course I was UNpleasantly suprised to find I needed them and had to go back to the resort to change and to pick them up. This ordeal cost me at least an hour and a half in the park. My poor husband kept the kids at the park while I went back. I was SO mad at myself! Save yourself the hassle and bring something along...
I agree with this poster. I had a *surprise* at MGM last time. I had to go buy a long shirt so I could make it back to the resort. Tale your supplies and an extra pair of panties with you.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #141
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Never wear them

I never wear panties unless i amhaving a BAD female day!

you might try this too!

as you never have to worry about them getting stuck in your crack.
They never get wet and stay wet.
YOU NEVER HAVE A PANTY LINE!
They seam never bothers you
the elastic never bothers you
they never make you sweat!

ahhhh............nice and cool!!!!!

and one less thing to wash!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #142
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I never wear panties unless i amhaving a BAD female day!

you might try this too!

as you never have to worry about them getting stuck in your crack.
They never get wet and stay wet.
YOU NEVER HAVE A PANTY LINE!
They seam never bothers you
the elastic never bothers you
they never make you sweat!

ahhhh............nice and cool!!!!!

and one less thing to wash!!!
I love how blatant this post is!! Yea for a women's thread!!

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #143
Lovin' Lorne
We did see people coming and going, but no one had their heads off
I thought it was something that was just randomly generated

There's some really great advice here, ladies!

Keep it coming.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #144
dizzi
DIS Veteran

thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #145
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

Fishing tackle box for cosmetics.

My girlfriend just flew in and she has a great idea! I just had to share!

She used to carry a hard sided cosmetic case as her carry-on with all her "stuff". Now she can't because of the 3 oz liquid rule ect. checking that monster was out of the question in her mind. She bought a soft sided fishing tackle bag.... with a hard plastic insert. She can configure it to fit her "stuff" even fit a full sized bottle of contact solution in there. She just slides it inside a larger suitcase in around her other stuff. She paid less than 15.00 at Walmart for it and it works great for her. When she needs anything she just opens it up and the layers fold up and you can see everything. Clever!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #146
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyClay View Post
One year my peroid came when I was in disney world, I could not work the tampon machine. One woman yelled you have to put the quarters in together and turn the knob. Well this was no help to me,so then there was finally this nice woman who came and helped me. The whole time all I could say was you have got to be kidding me.
You think that was embarrassing!! hee hee Okay well one time my then 7 year old daughter came out of the bathroom into the giftshop at the end of Pirates (she was with 13 yr old friend) holding a tampon on in her hand, waving it and yelling look Mom - 50 cents got me a whole roll of pennys for my squashed penny collection!! Priceless!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKTrava View Post
Not to mention the inconvenience.... which is, IMO, the worst part of the period.
I HAVE TWIN 13 yr OLD DAUGHTERS....someone save me please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu310 View Post
For all you ladies out there who are scared Aunt Flo might start...If you are on birth control just skip the placebo pills and begin taking a new pack. I have done this for years with no problems. Because I have endometriosis it is actually doctor's orders to do this now but I have been doing it for about 5 years before I was diagnosed..
Ya think my gynocologist would have a problem with giving these to my girls - KIDDING......again someone save me please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminni View Post
I agree with this poster. I had a *surprise* at MGM last time. I had to go buy a long shirt so I could make it back to the resort. Tale your supplies and an extra pair of panties with you.
This reminds me of the $25 pair of shorts (cheapest there) that I had to buy one daughter on our last trip........nice right.

I had hoped that our 2006 trip would be "surprise" free but sadly one child had it and then the other......try explaining to their brothers why we werent going to the water park as planned.

MOMS - how do you handle younger teens having their oh so not a "friend" on vacation!!! Maybe I should start another thread for this question.
05/14 Disney College Program #2! Kidani
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
01/13 -- Disney College Program!! - SSR
02/12 Disney Dream -- 08/11 BLT - Kids 1st Trip "Home" -- 09/11 POR F&W/MNSSHP
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #147
cwestbrook
Mouseketeer

sub
cwestbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #148
eventamy
DIS Veteran

Great ideas ladies! I took some of the ideas and went shopping at Target yesterday! Spent way too much money probably but feel a little more prepared!
eventamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #149
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

I'm so glad I peeked at this thread, it rocks!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #150
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I just wanted to share what I found...My entire family has fair skin (DH had RED hair as a younger man, which has faded into more brown now, but same skin still! LOL) and we use rashguards. I just got mine. I wanted one that would be girly and cute, sporty and maybe even, ah hem, sexy? Here's what I found:

http://www.girls4sports.com

I just got it in the mail last week, and I LOVE it! I am looking forward to NOT worrying about burned chest, shoulders, back, etc and just running all around BB and SAB and having a great time. I also got the boy brief bottoms (even though I am not thrilled with how I look in them) and I am very excited to not need to worry about shaving while on vacation, if you know what I mean.

In terms of sunscreen for the face: I splurge on skin care and I use an expensive facial sunscreen from an expensive facial product line in the morning. That's layer one. I touch up with a facial stick from Neutrogena. It's the coolest thing. It's like a solid deodorant stick, so it's very easy to reapply throughout the day. No messy hands, etc.
Those are really cute styles on the website! This thread is awesome, I had to go back and start from the OP.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: