Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

Question 311 carry on question?

I've read the TSA lists for carry ons and the new 311 rule. Has anyone had problems with how many 3oz or less containers you fit in a quart size bag? Also should we take the bags out of the carry ons and place in bins or do the TSA's take them out after the bags go through the scanner?
4disneygenerations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneygenerations View Post
I've read the TSA lists for carry ons and the new 311 rule. Has anyone had problems with how many 3oz or less containers you fit in a quart size bag? Also should we take the bags out of the carry ons and place in bins or do the TSA's take them out after the bags go through the scanner?
You fit as many as will comfortably fit in the closed bag.

You have to separately declare the 3-1-1 bag ... you hand it to them or put it in the bin that gets put through the x-ray conveyor (different ways at different airports). But the TSA is not responsible for removing it from your carry-on, no matter what airport you're at.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

I could never fit all my toiletries in quart size ziplocs, so I only take what I absolutely can not live without in my carry on ziploc baggie ~ toothbrush, toothpaste and DD's meds. Everything else goes in my checked luggage so I don't really have problems getting what I need in the ziploc.

When I have flown before the TSA makes us take the ziploc bag out of the carry on and put it in the plastic bin ourselves. And just for reference, if you are traveling with a camcorder, that needs to be removed from it's case as well.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

As already stated, you can put as many containers as will comfortably fit in the baggie. I put my disposable contacts in the bag, so I usually have more than 30 containers if any one bothered to count, which they haven't.

You don't need to put non-liquids in the baggie, so I usually have a separate toiletry bag in my carry-on for things like my toothbrush and non liquid deodorant.

And then I have a third toiletry bag in my checked luggage that holds the many of the same products found in my baggie, but in sufficient quantities to last for the whole trip!

Best of luck -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
LKHomemail
Mouseketeer

you only get one quart sized ziploc bag per person. contact solution falls into medical supply and can be placed in a seperate medicine ziploc. you take your ziploc bag and give it to the screener. i don't worry about toothbrush/toothpaste in same bag because hotels usually can provide for free if for some reason luggage didn't make it. foundation makeup / perfume / sunscreen must be under 3 oz. if carried on board.
LKHomemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: