DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
ScubaD
She is my Disney

Favorite piece of Disney art

I started a thread earlier about the numbers of Disney art and the responses have me wondering this question..What is your favorite piece of Disney related art? Our two favorite pieces are our Thomas Kincade print of Disneyland's 50th anniversary and "Disney's Leading Ladies", a print of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty and signed by the women who did the voices for each of the original movies. My DW says this is her all time favorite of our collection.

What is your favorite piece of Disney art? I look forward to hearing what others have on their walls.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
VLee
DIS Veteran

I agree with the Thomas Kinkade Disneyland 50th Anniversary choice. We bought two of the 24 x 36 TK canvases with the special artist highlighted done on each.
Since I have two grandchilden who go with me all of the time to WDW, I thought that one of these days, I would like to give them each this piece.

We also have the DVC giclee that was sent out to members last year and a lithograph from World of Disney featuring the characters. I recently bought the print from the 2006 Downtown Disney Festival of Masters, which should look nicely framed next to my Blue Dog Red River Revel Triology.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by VLee; 07-04-2007 at 06:14 PM.
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaD View Post
I started a thread earlier about the numbers of Disney art and the responses have me wondering this question..What is your favorite piece of Disney related art? Our two favorite pieces are our Thomas Kincade print of Disneyland's 50th anniversary and "Disney's Leading Ladies", a print of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty and signed by the women who did the voices for each of the original movies. My DW says this is her all time favorite of our collection.

What is your favorite piece of Disney art? I look forward to hearing what others have on their walls.
I've got the Disney's Leading Ladies companion piece with Mulan, Ariel, and Belle! Mine is signed, too. I love it. I've also got a Mulan cel of her and her father sitting under the cherry blossom tree. Those are my favorites, but I have many more hanging in my house. So, you're not alone!
OK, I have to mention one more favorite - I've got a signed Lilo & Stitch cel hanging in my kitchen! LOL! It's one of them dancing in front of a fruit cart. You can never have enough Disney art!

-Michelle
mlill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
waltfan1957
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaD View Post

a picture of Minie its the original artwork for a xmas card its a one off
waltfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
DisneyHumbug
DIS Veteran

I have 3 Mickey Mouse cels that are discontinued. I love them all, I couldn't pick a favorite!! When I'm gone, my 3 kids can fight over who gets which one!!

DVC 01
DisneyHumbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #6
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

I have an original cartoon cel from the Rescuers.

Lenc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:47 AM   #7
yourgoingagain?
WDW and U/O AP holder

Ours is the cel of the ballroom scene from beauty and the beast, signed by the Robby Benson & Paige O'Hara

yourgoingagain? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #8
dclfun
DIS Veteran

I have lots of artwork from Ducky Williams both from the DCL cruises I've taken ( they were given to us in our stateroom) and that I've purchased. I love ALL of them and don't know that I have a favorite. I'm running out of wall space! ---Kathy

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
dclfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

We bought the last Thomas Kinkade Disneyland 50th sold in the galleries about a month ago! We're sooo excited! The sales lady said he'll be doing Disney World too! Ahhhh!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

I dont know if you would consider it "art" but I love my poster titled "Vision." It pictures the construction site of the MK with Walt and the castle silhouetted (sp) over the background...

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah! We also have an original cell used for the animation of a cartoon with Minnie kissing Mickey. So cute!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

My DH started this thread, and besides the "Leading Ladies" picture, another of my special Disney pieces is a hand-drawn sketch of Stitch that an animator drew for me when DSis and I went on the animation tour at MGM. We were with a little tour group and DSis and I stopped to admire his work (he was doing work for "Brother Bear") and he kept the two of us aside and talked with us and then drew a sketch for each of us. Then he walked us over to catch up with our group. It's especially great because shortly thereafter, they closed down the "hand-drawn" part of the animation studio.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #13
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

I love the cel of Mickey hanging in my bedroom. On our last trip I bought the Tink and Ink cel for my DD4 bedroom. She is a huge Tink fan. (gotta start em young)

I plan to buy another cel on our next trip for DD2 bedroom.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Oh how do you pic your favorite? I guess my top two would be Welcoming A New Millenium (for the year 2000 with all the characters), Kincade Disneyland 50th.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #15
ebenmax
DIS Veteran

This isn't technically "art," but last year for Christmas in honor of our new purchase into DVC, my DH started a collection of Swarowski Disney characters for us. His DD4 chose Pluto to begin our collection. He is adorable! Then hopefully, if all goes as planned, we will add a new piece each year. So far, we have added on to our DVC "collection" faster than the crystal one.

Our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 2005
ebenmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: