Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #31
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

Wendy check your pm's, I'm enjoying readying this so much.

Mandy

Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #32
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

What wonderful pictures!! No wonder your kids were excited

Shannon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #33
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

O.k. I'm sitting here attached to my comp. (although i've still got 100 things to do before I go to bed!) with tears rolling down my face. It's so awesome that there are still people in this world who do care and give of themselves with no thought of a "reward"! I'm overwelmed by how ya'll must have felt and it's so unreal that we will soon be on a wish trip in 2 months ourselves. I understand what you mean about your dd going through the same stuff with your ds. My DS7has grown up before his time since we had our DS5 (our wish child) In a way though he is definatly a better person. His dad had kidney failure when DS7 was 17 months old so all he has ever know is his dad with tubes in him and dialysis and hospitals. So with DS5 and all the hospitals, DR, therapy etc... to both of them this is normal. They are just now starting to realize that not every one has to all this!! Some of my proudest moments have been when a kid or (rude) adult says WHATs WRONG with YOU?!!! and instead of answering back rudely Braeton says I have cerebral palsy, but God made ME special and he loves me VERY much! How are you today? This usually floors the adults and the kids usually either just say oh or ask what is CP and he tells them it's like a 4 wheeler that backfires (we ARE from TX!) sometimes my legs act up and they usually accept it and want to play with him. He's heard me explain it enough that now he enjoys telling people what cp is. I'm just thankfull he can talk well enough that they understand him!
But enough about us what we want to hear ismore about ya'lls trip!!
Keep it coming. Excuse me why I go get a cup of coffee and a box of tissues

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #34
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

Love this trip report. We too will be going on a MAW trip soon. We haven't picked our dates yet but are very excited. This is giving me a very good picture (literally also) of what to expect. Thanks ---- Mindy

Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #35
Chris
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far wendy. Looking forward to reading more. Btw Make a wish is one of my very favorite charities.
February 2010 offsite Universal & We're going Back!!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:36 AM   #36
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for staying with me. I have been uploading pictures to photobucket and reading ChristaMae's TR. And that is why I am up at 4am. My dh is gonna kill me! I will take a nap with the kids tomorrow, I am sure! I hope to add our first full day in Orlando by Saturday depending on how much time the children give me. My sister and her family are moving in with us on Thursday so it is a very busy week. I can't wait to do Monday's report. It was a truly magical day and perfect in every way. Monday alone made the trip entirely worth it. Everything else was just gravy.
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #37
rparmfamily
In paradise

I am loving your report Wendy!!! (I posted w/you on MDC) I can't wait to read more!!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #38
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

What a great way to start my day! I have enjoyed every aspect of your report. I am chuckling at the thought of your two children napless, operating on little sleep and then having ice cream for lunch at GKTW! LOL. We will be there in 3 weeks. Let me know if you would like me to take pictures of the outside of your villa for you and email them to you. I can't figure out how to take pictures off of my video camera either....
Old 07-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #39
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparmfamily View Post
I am loving your report Wendy!!! (I posted w/you on MDC) I can't wait to read more!!
Glad to see you over here!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dwarves View Post
What a great way to start my day! I have enjoyed every aspect of your report. I am chuckling at the thought of your two children napless, operating on little sleep and then having ice cream for lunch at GKTW! LOL. We will be there in 3 weeks. Let me know if you would like me to take pictures of the outside of your villa for you and email them to you. I can't figure out how to take pictures off of my video camera either....
Did I forget to mention they also had Ice Cream for a before dinner snack?! Ooops! Just too much to mention, I suppose. They were sooooo hyper which is really hard since Michael is already a ball of energy that never stops.

Oh, if you have time, I'd love a picture of 217! Its hiding in the corner behind Claytonburg pool. There's a lovely train car thing that takes people around at night during the festivities and drops them off anywhere on property. Its absolutely awesome! Oh, and don't worry about bringing your own video camera. Sony donates video cameras and they give you free DVDs to record on (all you want. apparently, someone once walked off with like 55 of them) and it is super easy to manage and easy to switch from camera to video and you can have the camera the length of your trip until 8pm the night before you leave (they then "prepare" your DVDs). I'm just silly and decided I didn't want to take pictures with the video recorder. I'm a moron! And its free!! Have you been to their website? Its an absolute must for planning. But don't plan too much because you will want to be there for certain evening or daytime activities. You'll see but you'll have to wait until I get to Tuesday night!

Oh, I forgot to mention that on Sunday as my children were "relaxing" in our resort, the resort was hosting a giant game of Candyland. They put out a giant gameboard. The kids are the pieces. It is done nearly every Sunday and looked like so much fun! I wish we had gone but we won't learn until Tuesday how awesome their events truly are.

It is now 8am and my dh let me "sleep in". He just took the kids to get some groceries and I'm supposed to be sleeping. Um, yeah. I have a trip report to write!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #40
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

So I'm debating what to do here. Mick has already written his report. Funny and Sentimental all in one. However, I of course have my version of how things went and would add pictures but would take me quite a bit of time to write.

What to do, what to do?

I really would like to get our Perfectly Magical Day up soon...

Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #41
kayc86
Mouseketeer

Wow wendy im so happy for you guys!!I should be packing for our trip to hershey park right now because we leave in the morning but Im glued here reading all about your GKTW trip!!!keep it coming.I wasnt going to bring my laptop with me to PA but now I might have to,LOL
Dec 2007 christmas week~Old key west
Sept 2008 All star music
Jan 2009 CBR~No Kids!
Aug 2009 CBR~Jordan's 4th Birthday~Pirate weekend

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/plhfxrqbclsy66fb.png[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #42
DisneyPhD
Too old is when you stop breathing.
Keep them supported or else they will make you pay later
I sometimes worry every stupid thing I say is going to follow me around forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendygrace View Post
So I'm debating what to do here. Mick has already written his report. Funny and Sentimental all in one. However, I of course have my version of how things went and would add pictures but would take me quite a bit of time to write.

What to do, what to do?

I really would like to get our Perfectly Magical Day up soon...

Either post them both, or start a new thread with his and link it to this one so we can read them both!!!!!!!

I am loving it! (and crying, but good tears honest!)
Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #43
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Loving this TR.

Post both of them

Janet

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #44
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

You have me in tears...thans for sharing your amazing family!!! Cannot wait to read more!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 07-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #45
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

I love reading your report. Yes, bringing the luggage yourself to the security area is tough with small kids. We had 7 pieces of luggage and luckily the kids were able to wheel their own to the area. It was and is definitely hard.

I look forward to reading so much more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: