Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #136
kmchar1
Mouseketeer

Oh my, this one made me cry! Can't wait to hear more!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #137
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Crying here I can I just say . This has touch my heart so much. I am so happy for your children. I am glad your whole family had a wonderful MAGICAL time at Disney.

Can't wait to read lots more with pictures.

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"

Last edited by Poohbear67; 07-13-2007 at 10:00 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #138
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dwarves View Post
Wendy....enjoy your week away from your PC. From my fellow readers' comments it appears that we will all be around next week waiting with baited breath for the next installment....
Thank you so much. I finally have Tue pics up on photobucket. Yay! Update should come sometime next week. If I can find Mick's, I'll post his TR this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
Awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I hope you have good doctor's appointments with the least stress and most benefit possible.
Four days travel for a ten minute appt with a doctor. Isn't that so fun! Gotta love these doctors! But we did get to meet the doc. Really liked him and we should hopefully be scheduling surgery within the next 60 days if all goes well. Wheeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Family View Post
Thank you for sharing such a special story with us. Sometimes I take for granted that my DS's are so healthy, this has reminded me how truly blessed I am. God bless your wonderful family and may ALL your dreams continue to come true.
Thank you. I will take one dream at a time and having Michael's wish come true was a wonderful experience for us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
I'm sitting here at work reading your TR with tears in my eyes... So wonderful to see all that was done for you and how much fun your kids had!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you. I do so appreciate people reading my report. I am glad I can share the joy my kids had at the happiest place on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofamouse View Post
Your little ones are just beautiful!!!
My DS (5) was so excited to see Peter Pan in your pics. I thought he was referring to the cast member, but turns out he was pointing to your son! What an amazing day for you all. The excitement in his eyes is inspiring!
Ahhh! How cute! I love this age. They are just amazing. Isn't the look in his eyes wonderful. Whenever he's being a little stinker I'm glad I have the computer monitor set to the trip pictures. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
LOL! The Happiest Place on Earth according to Mars and Venus!

Kathy
It is definetly. Matter of fact, we kept telling ourselves that later in the week when things got a little less magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
Another tear-jerking installment Wendy! I really loved your version! (Sorry Mick- yours was good too, but this one has a definite "Mommy's touch!)
It is a bit different isn't it? I am so glad. I so worry that people will get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1995 View Post
What a exciting day!!!! How magical for your family!!!! Can't wait to read more!!
Thank you. More to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
Wendy - what a wonderful day you had!!
We sure did! TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternaldisneyfan View Post
I can just see the magic in Michael's eyes. I am so glad he is having a good wish trip! I always loved GKTW for its extra touches like the nightly surprise gift

and for the appointment

--Christamae
It must be a bit strange for you to read about it from a parent's perspective. Have you gone back to visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindymouse1 View Post
LOVE This report!!!!

It is great. I love all the added info for us future MAW trippers. Did you go to Sea Workl??? Hope all goes well at the Dr. this week.
You will have to see about SW. We do have five more days in Orlando to fill up. What will we do? I'm so glad the little extra info helps. I know I could have really used some of the info we stumbled upon and am so glad someone here mentioned the Wish Lounge at MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
What a magical Magic Kingdom day for sure! I just love seeing the smiles on your kids faces. They lighten my spirits!
So glad they touch your spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssinWonderland View Post
I've read quite a few touching Disney Trip Reports. I've teared up a few times, but never before have I sat and cried. Wow. All I can say is wow. I hope the rest of your time on the trip was at least 1/2 as good! Fantastic!
Me too! hehe. I need to get this typed up fast as details are starting to merge and be forgotten. How do people stretch these out?! I am glad you are liking the TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldnut View Post
Add another one to the tears streaming down my face as I read your TR list. Keep up the great writing. Patiently waiting for more!
I hope you will be sharing that popcorn! hehe. Thanks for the compliment. More to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawaymam View Post
enjoying the TR.
Yay! TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyNBeast View Post
Ok, I am hooked. Your TR has me in tears. Cannot wait to read more.
Yay! More peoples!! TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicintheair View Post
Hey Wendy! I don't know what it is with the tears, (tear dust?) but my eyes watered up to. What a great family trip. I can just feel the magic all around yall. I am so glad that your family got to take a special trip together. We took our very first family trip this year (dd14, ds7) and it really puts you back in the family mood, to be able to take a break, and think about nothing at all but having fun. It really lifts the spirit, you know? My prayers are with your family. Love the trip report, you make me feel like we're there to. Waiting for more!!!
I'm glad you are enjoying the report. I always wanted to do a family trip but dh was always blah about it. we are both now on board with a family trip as often as possible. It as really brought us together. Things were getting ugly there the last few months. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
hoping you week is going well right now as I pray for health and peace for all 4 of u Great great report thanks for sharing your family with us!
Thank you. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers. They are what got us through the first six months of Michael's life especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
I'm just starting to read your trip report, but I kept getting this sense of "knowing" you. I do!

This is so weird. I went to high school with Nebo's son (different trip report all together.)

And I used to belong to the same Chicago group of moms - and did play dates with you when our boys were infants! SMALL WORLD! (Pun intended).
Really? Chicagomothers? There's a few of us here, I know. It is a "small world after all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesDoesHair View Post
I have just fallen in love with your kiddos! They are so cute! That has to be the best Peter Pan ever! He sounds so great! You can just feel the magic looking at Michael's smile.
Peter Pan was just amazing and I am going to have to find the time to tell corporate or whomever about him. I'd also love to send him a pic? Is that too weird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
More happy tears!
hehe TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayc86 View Post
what a great start!!your kids are just beautiful.cant wait to read more
TY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
What a wonderful day! That Peter Pan sure made your sons day one he will never forget!
He sure did and he loves to talk about Peter Pan and sits here all day and spells P-E-T-E-R-P-A-N all day long. First real "phrase" he ever learned to spell. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesDoesHair View Post
These two pictures just fill me with joy. I have thought about just how happy he is all day! This is what I love about Disney!
He is such an amazing little boy and I am so glad Disney was able to make his life a bit more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchar1 View Post
Oh my, this one made me cry! Can't wait to hear more!!!!
TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear67 View Post
Crying here I can I just say . This has touch my heart so much. I am so happy for your children. I your whole family had a wonderful MAGICAL time at Disney.

Can't wait to read lots more with pictures.
We did and I am so glad to be able to share it with all of ou.

We are now back from the doctor's appt. I really hate driving but what do you do. We are looking at surgery soon but not sure when as we are waiting for a part to be modified. Once we know when the part will be ready, we'll be scheduling. Gotta love these experiments! Wheeeeee!

Thank you all for staying with me. I so appreciate it. I hope to have an update soon. Mick's should go up sometime this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again.
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #139
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendygrace View Post
We are now back from the doctor's appt. I really hate driving but what do you do. We are looking at surgery soon but not sure when as we are waiting for a part to be modified. Once we know when the part will be ready, we'll be scheduling. Gotta love these experiments! Wheeeeee!

Thank you all for staying with me. I so appreciate it. I hope to have an update soon. Mick's should go up sometime this weekend if all goes well. Thanks again.
Welcome back and thanks for the update on Michael's surgery. We pray for the best.

Looking forward to your next update...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #140
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you back on. We will be praying for Michaels surgery. will be waiting for the next update!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #141
Mr._The_King
Mouseketeer

Wendy, Your family is so amazing. Thank you for spending the time to share your trip with us. I will never look at Peter Pan the same way again! The love you have for your children is so touchingly apparent in your writing. And let me tell you and any other future Give Kids guests, It is an honor to wait in line longer so your child can get the most Disney Magic out of every moment. Please take your time Subbing for future chapters

Last edited by Mr._The_King; 07-13-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 PM   #142
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Welcome back and thanks for the update on Michael's surgery. We pray for the best.

Looking forward to your next update...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Glad to see you back on. We will be praying for Michaels surgery. will be waiting for the next update!
Thank you to the both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._The_King View Post
Wendy, Your family is so amazing. Thank you for spending the time to share your trip with us. I will never look at Peter Pan the same way again! The love you have for your children is so touchingly apparent in your writing. And let me tell you and any other future Give Kids guests, It is an honor to wait in line longer so your child can get the most Disney Magic out of every moment. Please take your time Subbing for future chapters
Thank you for your comments. Later in the report I was going to mention this but it fits here. We were at GKTW and doing a carriage ride. One of the family's piped up that they felt guilty for getting "front of the line access". The family consisted of mom and dad, 13 year old daughter and two five year old sons with severe cerebal palsy and a variety of other illnesses, both in wheelchairs and both with life threatening illnesses. They mentioned that they would get comments and stares occasionally when they were waved onto rides. I was lucky that I never noticed any people like that but I was in my own little world. Anyway, I told them not to feel bad because I would give anything to wait in line if I could have a lifetime with my son and I know they would too. We go on these trips knowing this may be our last and sometimes only trip with our children. Letting us, who live our lives with people staring at us, know that you don't mind waiting in line makes things just a bit more magical for us. As being able to ride Peter Pan over and over again made my son's day and if he were to leave us tomorrow, the joy in his eyes while at Disney will never be forgotten.

Now I have tears in my eyes. Your comment really touched me. I appreciate your comments more than you'll ever be able to know. Thank you.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #143
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Oh Wendy! I finally got over here to read your TR. How BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for all of you - the joy in Michael's face when he saw Peter Pan! Just priceless.

My heart goes out to you and Mick - watching my sister go through her daughter's illness makes me really appreciate your story. Her daughter is too ill and unaware to make a trip, but they had a bit of a "wish trip" while we were in WDW.. she and her husband took their two older children when someone from church donated their timeshare for the week. My parents stayed with my niece for the week (mom's a nurse, as is my sister). We met up with them for a Magic Kingdom day and the seven of us had a great time. It was very special for my niece & nephew... they are so good with their ill sister, but they deserved a chance to have some fun, too. It took a lot for my sister to leave for the week, but I know she's happy she did so they had some "family time" with the older two.

Hope the surgery gets scheduled soon - must be so difficult to have those things not "settled"....

Renée

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #144
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Take care -

Subcribing !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #145
castawaymam
Mouseketeer

Wendy just wanted to let you know that you have a reader in my DS(ryan), he has been reading your TR right beside me through out. He loves the TR also.
I just loved how Peter Pan interacted with Micheal thru the day. It was truley a Magical Momment for Micheal and your family.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #146
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Welcome back

Wendy:

I get the impression from other posts that you have found new possibilities for medical providers. My prayers are with you and Mick as you search out and find what is best for Michael. I hope that there is good news ahead for your family, and that last week was a positive one for you. I am looking forward to hearing more of your story. Our family will be at GKTW two weeks from now. I am excited but still a little apprehensive about it all. Thanks for putting your story out there to make the way for other families.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #147
Disfan3
Viking Blood

Your TR is incredible. I cannot say that I can understand your plight as a parent, but as someone who is a teacher to children who are moderately to severely disabled, I can most certainly relate.

What you said about giving up any and all things just to have your son with you for a lifetime was heart wrenching. Just know that none of us here on Earth are promised another day. I don't say that to be down...I say it so people realize how special each day is.

Dealing with disabilities is not an easy issue, God most certainly picks special parents to deal with that monumental task. I look at my students and am amazed every day at how hard they work just to surive.

I am so glad your little boy got his wish. I wish him many many more to come.
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 07-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #148
wendygrace
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your comments. We have gotten some news regarding a possible surgery for Michael that may work. We are awaiting more news from the plastic surgery. I have a bit of my hands full getting settled in and helping my sister settle in but I will be back soon since I have all the pictures finally up...except for the photopass pics. Can't wait to see those!

Thanks for keeping with me!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #149
pixe*dst
Mouseketeer

This is a beautiful TR & I can't wait to read more. I am so touched by this & I am so glad your family had such a magical time. I completely agree with the other poster & with what you said as well---just to know that a family like your's is getting such a special dose of pixie dust---that helps make my vacation more magical--seeing you get on to a ride, or special seats, or whatever it may be. That makes me happy for you & makes me remember to be thankful for all of the blessings that I have too.

Can't wait for the next installment--I just have to make sure I have tissues by the computer. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #150
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

i don't know how you find the time to do this trip report but thank you!!

it brings a smile to my face. i am a nurse at childrens hospital in philadelphia and we have had several of our kids do a make a wish to disney and it is nice to see the results. i am so happy you have these memories. i wish you many more years of memories with your son.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: