Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
THE-ELLA'SMOM
Mouseketeer

Should I buy a AAA Parking Pass on Ebay?

Let me preface by saying I ave 2 girls, 3.5 and 5, and I do intent to bring my strollers. Is it worth the money on ebay to buy the pass and if so how much would you pay? Thanks
THE-ELLA'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I guess it would depend. Are you taking your daughters by yourself or will there be another adult? What time of year are you going - peak season, summer, etc.?

If I were taking my boys by myself during a peak season and especially if it were summer I would possibly consider paying for a AAA parking pass but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it (S&H included). You can become an AAA Associate member for $30 and have all of the benefits so I can't see spending much, if anything at all, just for a parking pass. While the AAA parking spaces are closer to the front, depending on what time of day you get to the park you aren't more than a few minutes walk to the tram.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
julm26
Mouseketeer

i wouldn't

we used to book our disney trips with AAA and got the parking pass. We never used it, the parking was ususally where the trams didn't pick up and it was awful. I'd stick with regular parking and use the trams that drop you off right in front of the park.
April 2013 - Disneyland here we come!

Me DH DD(8)
julm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

If you hang around these boards and ask, you might find someone willing to give it to you for free. Just a thought.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
myAAbatteries&aTD
DIS Veteran

Yes - it is worth every penny! As long as we have strollers (Plural!) and children who fall asleep in them, it is sooooo worth it to not have to wake them up, fold/unfold and carry strollers and kids on the tram along w/ everything else! The tram was always the most stressful part of the day (for my dh esp. which gets everyone uptight for a while!) and the AAA pass completely took that way - well worth the money! Esp. when we are outnumbered by the children! I bought mine off ebay for maybe $35 including S/H and then sold it to a friend of mine for $30 who then let someone else use it.... we all agree that it's the only way to go when you have small kids!
myAAbatteries&aTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:46 AM   #6
dana1003
DIS Veteran

we are aaa members..what is the parking pass?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #7
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Becoming an AAA member will not help you. I'm pretty sure the only way to get the AAA parking pass from AAA is by buy a package through them. I know in our local office we can't get them just for being members. (We've been members for years)

As to whether or not it is worth it, I don't know. I think the AAA parking for MK is further than the tram station is to walk to. If you are going in peak seasons, also remember they can fill up and you will have to park in the regular lots anyway.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:02 AM   #8
bobcat
I had a horrible case two years in a row and avoid the stuff like the plague

I wouldn't. As others have said the parking isn't all that great. The trams don't pick up here so you will need to walk to the TTC anyway.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:39 AM   #9
Cruz91
Always at Disney in my mind...

The only real nightmare parking for us is MK, and we usually get there early enough that we're in Pluto (the first one they fill up). Depending on the lines for the tram - we often walk to the TTC. The walk from Pluto isn't a whole lot further than from AAA parking.

When we come back after our mid-day break, we sometimes don't follow the rest of the crowd and will head up to Minnie (I think that's the one) which is a bit closer - much like AAA. Either way - it makes a difference after Wishes when you go back to your car. If you have to wait on the tram then with tired, cranky children who usually have to go potty right when it's your turn to get on the tram - being close enough to walk is priceless.
WH - Christmas '10 - OUR 10th trip!!
WBC - Spring Break '11, WH/WBC - June '11 (Surprise Trip)
WH - Thanksgiving '11,
AS-Sports - Solo Marathon Weekend '12 - I DID IT!!
WP - March '12
WH- June '12
Paradise Palms- TGiving '12 (also our 15th wedding anniversary)
AS Spo - Jan '13 Solo Marathon (again)
DW DH DD11 DS9
Cruz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
THE-ELLA'SMOM
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for that information, However...., I am so confused.
First let me say we are going in the beginning of November so I belive the crowds wont be "so bad", bit we are not morning people, and since we will be there for 2 weeks with a 10 day pass, I plan to "take it easy", lol.
Ok this is what is confusing. I dont understand what is being said about either catching a tram or going to the TTC.
My cousin who was there last June described catching the tram as a "Disaster". Someone please explain, thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #11
MiniGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-ELLA'SMOM View Post
Thank you all so much for that information, However...., I am so confused.
First let me say we are going in the beginning of November so I belive the crowds wont be "so bad", bit we are not morning people, and since we will be there for 2 weeks with a 10 day pass, I plan to "take it easy", lol.
Ok this is what is confusing. I dont understand what is being said about either catching a tram or going to the TTC.
My cousin who was there last June described catching the tram as a "Disaster". Someone please explain, thanks!
You don't actually park at the MK. You park at the Transportation Center. That means that after you park your car, you have to hop on a tram that will then take you to the TTC. However, the tram, which runs through the TTC parking lot, doesn't stop at the area where the AAA parking is nor where guests with (or travelling with) disabilities. If you are one of these 2 areas, you need to walk to the TTC. Not really a big deal because they are the closest to the TTC. If you do take the tram, you need to fold strollers. If you walk, then you don't. Also, after a full day at the park, even those close parking areas can seem pretty far. However, waiting for the tram after the fireworks can also be pretty long. Kids will usually fall asleep while you wait, but you'll have to wake them up (well, at least get them out of the stroller) to ride the tram. HTH

eBay ID: Beachside*Designs -- Etsy ID: BeachsideDesigns
MiniGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #12
bobcat
I had a horrible case two years in a row and avoid the stuff like the plague

There are trams that have specific stops in the parking lot and you would have to have your stroller folded to ride. The closer you get to the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) they will not pick up since your walk wouldn't be as far as if you were out in the far reaches of the parking lot. There is still a walk from the AAA parking to the TTC, past a few rows of diability parking, under the road, and a bit further to the TTC itself. While you won't have to fold your stroller it's a little bit of a walk. You will then need to board the monorail or the ferry to get to the gates of the Magic Kingdom, neither require you to fold your stroller. You didn't say where you were staying but if it's on site taking the bus to MK is much easier, even with folding your stroller, since the bus drop off is very close to the entrance gates meaning no ride on the monorail or ferry. Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
THE-ELLA'SMOM
Mouseketeer

Thank you all very much! I have some clarity on the subject now! LOL
We are staying off site so a car is a must with us. Not to sound stupid, but when you are driving, is is obvious where you have to go?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #14
merrywether
Blue Fairies are welcome!

Yes, everything is well-marked to get to everywhere. Just follow the signs to the Magic Kingdom (you may also see signs for the Ticket and Transportation Center - it's a sort of hub and also serves as Magic Kingdom Parking). There are cast members in the lot who direct you to where you will park. Then you just walk over to the colored poles and wait for the tram. The cast member on the tram will tell you over the loudspeaker exactly what you will want/need to know. Once off the tram, you can choose either the ferry or the monorail to get to the magic kingdom entrance.

Frankie having a great time at Donald's Boat!

merrywether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #15
tammy1210
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julm26 View Post
we used to book our disney trips with AAA and got the parking pass. We never used it, the parking was ususally where the trams didn't pick up and it was awful. I'd stick with regular parking and use the trams that drop you off right in front of the park.
Wow - we just used this last month and loved it - except for MK - we were there early enough that we were closer than AAA parking. But, at all of the other parks it's right behind handicapped parking. Epcot was really great - we saved a lot of time there. AK, I know, was much closer - we saw people walking forever, but we were right at the front. At MGM, we still took a tram, but our car was literally right in front of the tram stop. Have they possibly moved it since you were there?
ds 14
dd 10

1984 - WDW - offsite
2004 - AKL/Disney Cruise
2007 - CBR
2009 - Windsor Hills
2011 - offsite
tammy1210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: