Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Southern California
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

Talking sea world, 12/2/07

ok im planing on hitting sea world on the way home from disney.
I see the day im planing on going opens at 10, meanning id make sure we leave by 7 or 8(leaving disney land)
I also see it closes at 6 that night
If it closes at 6 is there any fireworks?
I am thinking of doing the picknnek lunch at 1 (if thats the time)
I see it as getting two things out the way at one time. I dont like that we will have to hold our food but all well my son will egt a cute littel shamue suviner pail that makes it nice for me.

Then after its over im planing on just seeing if we drive thoughand make it home by 10pm (orignaly i was gona go back to dl for a night stay but 2 hours is just so close to home)

Im going dec 2ed..any info is grately apreciated ty
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

What is the picnic lunch?

FWIW, you can buy kid's meals at just about any food place, that come in the Shamu pail thing. The Shamu pail thing that is easily broken, by the way...

Be sure to check out the Pets Rule show, it's overlooked, but really sweet and fun, especially if you have any pets at home!

I don't how old your boy is, but there's a really big play area for all ages of kids; be sure to check that out!

If you don't want to get wet, do NOT sit in the soak zones at Shamu or the dolphin shows...there were some sections that were repeatedly drenched...when they say "soak zone", they do mean it!

Also don't miss seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales (and one miniature,hmm, donkey? I think?). Impressively large beasts. For a lunch alternative, there's a food place right next to the Clydesdale area. Seemed OK.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
JadeDarkstar

tghanks for the hints. the lunch is just a sandwich i think and kids meal for kid siering the show.. i like to get wet if im not eatting ill do soke zone.
i love pet shows i use to have alot pets now none but a horse at my dads and moms
we love the clisdale thanks for reminding me of them, oh hes gona be 5 he will love play area ty
Old 07-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
ScooterL
DIS Veteran

No Sea World fireworks on 12/2. And be prepared for it to get quite chilly in the park, especially in the late afternoon/early evening - whatever you do, do NOT sit in the "Splash Zone" at the Shamu show and get wet! Leaving at 6:00 you'll probably avoid the worst of the traffic going north on I5, but be prepared for some slow traffic until you get past Carlsbad.
ScooterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING

Hello, I just want to confirm something. Your signature indicates your first trip to Disney WORLD (not DisneyLAND) for Nov./Dec. this year. Wanted to make sure that you knew you were posting for the California Sea World in San Diego, not the one next to WDW in FL.

Traffic may be fairly nasty all the way around, as pp's have said.
No fireworks.
When we looked into the shamu lunch, we decided to skip it. Unless you're going to do the buffet meal, I don't think it's worth it myself. They allow you to bring food into the stadium, so I'd pick up your food and get to Shamu stadium as early as you can. A trick we learned......go to the "back" side (I think it's west?) of the stadium for shorter lines.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
JadeDarkstar

lol actely disney world was last year..this year is disney land..and i didnt type it lol oppse

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: