Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #1471
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
what is beaver tail, and poutine, are these things to make me say something and get in trouble?

I like mayo on fries, and malt vinegar, it is very good, started doing that at an amusment park in Ohio...Cedar Point.
A beaver tail is a dessert made of fried dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They used to sell them at Epcot.

Poutine is french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds. I am not a big fan of it myself but it is very popular up here.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #1472
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Made it to page 76 today

you made it to disney, got your room, and had nachos for dinner, that sounds like a good day to me, heck any day with nachos is a good day.

Congrats on your daughter getting into that school, i am going to ask, and even if you already said and i missed it somewhere in the shuffle, i am sure you are going to be the proud mom and dont mind to share again, but what exactly is that she got into.

Is it like those schools where you go and that is your school and you dance. Or is it a production where she will go and just put on a show, then come home after that?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #1473
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
A beaver tail is a dessert made of fried dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They used to sell them at Epcot.

Poutine is french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds. I am not a big fan of it myself but it is very popular up here.
you guys beaver tail, is the same thing pretty much as our elephant ears at fairs.

and the poutine sounds great, nothing bettter than fries and cheese curds, except fries covered in cheese and gravy.

im going to canada and getten me some poutine.

your guys country now rocks.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #1474
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you guys beaver tail, is the same thing pretty much as our elephant ears at fairs.

and the poutine sounds great, nothing bettter than fries and cheese curds, except fries covered in cheese and gravy.

im going to canada and getten me some poutine.

your guys country now rocks.
I've had elephant ears, they are slightly different. You can also get other toppings on a beaver tail but the cinnamon and sugar is the basic one.

I think that Pinnochio's in the MK sells something like poutine. It is called Figaro fries.

Of course Canada rocks. We are the best country in the world!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #1475
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:

Of course Canada rocks. We are the best country in the world!
now dont get ahead of yourself, i said it rocks, but not the best country in the world...you guys dont even have a disney world so you can not say it rocks.

we have 2 disneys.

USA ROCKS

canada is in the running for top 5, but you guys have to show me more of what you guys have to offer, besides just the beaver tail, and poutine....

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #1476
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
now dont get ahead of yourself, i said it rocks, but not the best country in the world...you guys dont even have a disney world so you can not say it rocks.

we have 2 disneys.

USA ROCKS

canada is in the running for top 5, but you guys have to show me more of what you guys have to offer, besides just the beaver tail, and poutine....
You will just have to check out my pre-trip report sometime. Since the actual trip is not until next December I am doing mini-TR's of the local area.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #1477
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Quote:

The Beaver Tail sounds great but can't say I'm too excited about the Poutine, doesn't sound good at all, lol.

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 11-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #1478
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

I don't think I could eat anything called Poutine. That just does NOT sound appetizing! But ANYTHING rolled in Cinnamon and Sugar YUMMMM!!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #1479
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
I don't think I could eat anything called Poutine. That just does NOT sound appetizing! But ANYTHING rolled in Cinnamon and Sugar YUMMMM!!!!

I guess the love of poutine must be a cultural thing. Most people I know love it, not me though. I believe that poutine originated in Quebec (the french province) and then spread across the rest of the country.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #1480
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
You will just have to check out my pre-trip report sometime. Since the actual trip is not until next December I am doing mini-TR's of the local area.
when are you starting the pretrippie for that one?

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #1481
FauntleroyFAN07

i forgot about how wet we got on SM until i read yours...sorry to hear you were flashing everyone...i could have won a wet tshirt contest.

i love cosmic rays, did you like the chicken and ribs, i was leary on getting it, the chicken did not look the best to me for some reason.

You questioned the cameras on the People movers, i wonder what you and your HG were doing, did you forget your kids were in the vehicle with you.

Yah, i love the ride over to epcot on the monorail, hope you got to sit in the front, back to reading to find out...and i think that picture is great of your girls, maybe that is what he was going for getting that look like they just saw something that really grossed them out.

almost there, i will catch up today, on page 83

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #1482
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I love how completely off topic conversations are occurring as we wait PATIENTLY for a new update!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #1483
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
The Trip Chapter 9 - Food!
The bridge to no where.

This is the coolest picture i have seen today. well maybe in the last few weeks. I never thought of taking a picture on the ground like that, i will have to start doing that stuff. I wonder some day if they are going to finish up the POP resort on the other side of the bridge, how many of the buildings were done when you guys were there. In 2005, they had 2 of the them done without the decorations. Just wondering what it looked like when you went?

Also is it just me, or does Auroragula, or whatever that princesss name is always look kinda weird. FOr some reason to me she never really looks like a princess. Maybe it is because i do not like sleeping beauty or something but i think they need to cut her out of the lineup.

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #1484
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Chapter 10 - Day 2, Bet You Never Thought We'd Get here!
Headed out and took the morning photos of the girls just in case they go missing I can show a CM exactly what they were wearing and how they looked today.

And then it happened! It really happened!
that is a great idea, i am going to do that when we have kids, i should do that for DW, might need to get her back if i lose her in the parks too.

I know what happened, you guys were chosen to open the park, and they were honorary CM's for the day.

Now what do i win.

and then you were able to go on a ride first for opening the park, and you chose everest.

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #1485
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
when are you starting the pretrippie for that one?
It is already started. It's been kicking around since August. I know, really really early but I couldn't help myself. The links in my sig.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: