Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1366
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 10 - Day 2, Bet You Never Thought We'd Get here!

Finally day 2!

Sorry this is moving slowly.

Thanks for sticking with me, I'm enjoying remembering every little detail and this is a great way for me to extend my holiday since there isn't another trip anywhere on the radar.

We had Mickey and Stitch call us nice and early so we could get an early start at EMH at AK this morning.

Flew out of bed again and had to grab the camera before I headed into the shower. They were just too cute!

Tink, there's a hippo on your head!

While the family was getting ready I grabbed the mugs and headed off for coffee (if you can even call it that) and breakfast for the troops. Brought it back up to the room so they could eat up there this morning.

Last time I did that.

Seems while I was getting breakie, Belle was having a fit about her clothes. "Too baby-ish" was the whine of the day. Get over it. That's what you are wearing! Mean mommy was returning quickly! Told her that I had heard enough and handed her breakfast.

Who can guess what happens next?

Any mother can.

She "accidently" dumped her food all over the shirt that was the problem.

GRrrrrrr......

Now what should I do. I don't know. I'm torn. She did it on purpose so she wouldn't have to wear it so I should still make her wear the dirty shirt but on the other hand all the photos for the day will be ruined. Decisions, decisions.....

"Change your shirt but sorry to say it but that is all you have for breakfast. You can try again at lunch to eat."

"But Mommmmm....."

Lets go get the bus.

Headed out and took the morning photos of the girls just in case they go missing I can show a CM exactly what they were wearing and how they looked today. I know, I sound paranoid but Declansdad made me do it!

Here is Belle in her second outfit of the day

And Tink

We get off the bus about 5 mins before EMH was to start and yet I don't see anyone around.

Hmmmm.....that's okay.......lets stop for a photo!

Still not seeing anyone.

I am thinking maybe EMH is not that popular at AK.

Nothing else is entering my mind.

Certainly not that I could be wrong about something.....

Get up to the turnstiles and all I hear is crickets chirping!

In fact the turnstiles are all still covered up.

Oops!

Sorry about that!

To pass some time they went on a hunt.....

Here they are admiring their catch!

And a view of the mighty creature!

That was fun for awhile and then it got old.

A few other people were starting to show up and I had a thought!

Scary things happen when I have thoughts.....

"Girls, get up here."

"Why? We don't want to"

"Tough, get up here"

Waiting......

Still waiting.....

And then it happened! It really happened!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare

Last edited by kindakrazy2; 11-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #1367
meriann
Mouseketeer

OK now you are just mean, FINISH THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #1368
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
The Trip Chapter 2 - The Next Day

I don't think I slept at all in the Bate's motel last night. Not a single wink. I kept waiting for the masked man with the chainsaw to burst through the door.....
From your first post on the trip - yes, working the day you leave for your trip is not a good way to go if you can help it and bummer about getting the cranky border guard Wow, your hotel stay in Seattle sounded really scary - yikes!

Quote:
The one thing that I thought this motel (and I struggle to even call it that for I fear it was more a "rent a room by the hour" kind of place) was that they would let us leave the truck there while we were away thus saving us the frightening parking fees at the airport. I just crossed my fingers as we were told we had to move it over by the back door at the Chinese food place next door. Please don't let anyone steal Moosey!
Naw, they'll just 'borrow' it for deliveries ;-]

Quote:
So far, so good right?

Wait for it.....

The captain comes on and welcomes us onboard and lets us know that our flight time to Salt Lake City will be 1 hour and 55 mins.

Did you catch that?

Salt Lake City!

We're going to Albuquerque!

Wait!!!

I said WAIT!!!!

WE'RE ON THE WRONG PLANE!!!!!
ROFL!!!! Cranky border guard, icky hotel room, and now wrong plane???? Y'all are 3 for 3 so far!

Quote:
The Trip Chapter 3 - We're Still On The Wrong Plane!

So where did I leave off?

Hmmmm....

Oh yes, I left you all freaking out about my little "situation"!

There I am sitting on a plane that is going somewhere I don't want to go flipping right out! The kids were looking at me trying to decide whether they should pretend they don't know me or if they should start to cry. Either one would have been fine at that moment!
Sounds like Southwest to me - they are the kings of "oh, by the way"

Quote:
Go back and tell them I need water NOW!!!!!

She came back with a can of water. A can? Yes, a pop can type can of water. Have never heard of such a thing. Oh well, who cares? It was warm too. Ick!

By the time we landed in Salt Lake City I was in a complete drugged stuppor and couldn't have cared less about the landing! Drugs were my friend that day!
Warm canned water - yum! At least you had the codine on hand.

Quote:
After what seemed like an eternity we were landing in Orlando!

Did you hear that?

We made it!

And I am still alive!

The plane didn't crash and my head didn't explode!

Yippee!!!!!

Actually it was 8:05pm which was 11:05pm Vancouver time so it had been an extremely long day and we still had to get to our hotel.

We set off in seach of Disney's Magical Express!
Yay! The worst is over now right? It's gonna be all sunshine and happiness with all the bad stuff left behind

Quote:
The Trip Chapter 4 - On To Pop Century!

'Are we there yet?' We had to check - twice - certainly wouldn't go well with the kidlets to get off the plane and find out we were in Kentucky or some such place. The way our day had gone, it wouldn't have surprized me at this point!

Thankfully our captain had delivered us to Orlando as planned, and we de-plained and immediately had to make the bowl stop for Belle. That's a whole OTHER pattern that will emerge - you know, peeing every 20 mins. Come on, you're almost 11 - you can hold it!
Cool beans! Horray for making it to Orlando! Honestly I hope our flight isn't quite as exciting as yours was ;-] And I very well know what we refer to as the "hummingbird bladder" syndrome - lol

Quote:
No line - no people - no wait - just friendly cast member checker-in people waving at us as our kids round the final red carpet lap and are pretty well on the bus while we're still trying to figure out who to show our magical express passes to.

Suddenly there's a squeal up ahead - HIPPO has been detained by Disney custom lady!! (Hippo is well, a hippo - duh! - it's the latest large stuffie owned by our beloved Tink). Tink has a worried look, and Disney custom lady is whispering to... Hippo? Something about behaving herself while on the bus! Clearly Hippo was ready to behave because custom lady gave her back to Tink and cleared us for boarding!

The CMs at the airport were so much fun and genuinely seemed excited for us!
That is very cool - it is nice that they go the extra mile to make it special for the wee ones.

Quote:
POP was the first stop and we hopped off the bus and ran for cover!

I was there!!!!!

Finally really there!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

It really was starting to feel like we'd never get there but we made it.

Now let the magic begin!

Yippieeeeee! Can't wait to hear how the first day on site goes

Quote:
The Trip Chapter 5 - Room For 4 Please!

I got up to HG and there was a little "communication" problem between him and the CM who was trying to give us our room. Seems this young man had a very strong Indian accent and HG is horrible with accents. I swear he can't even understand my friends from Oklahoma! So I step in to "translate"! Gotta love having to translate english for him!

Once I figured out what the problem was it was a fairly quick process. Explained the dining plan (free food baby) and got our Keys To The Kingdom and then came the room assignment...

Dun, dun, dun.....
With my work in IT I deal with the language barrier quite a bit and have technicians who are the same as HG and just can't process what is being said. Kudos to you on being able to understand him

Quote:
Will we get our "top floor, lake view room" we had requested not only on our original ressie but also on our faxed in request?

According to the CM checking us in - nope, not for you.

Grrrrr.....

HG is fuming at this point and was about to head back but I convinced him to just stay and try to find it.

A "treasure hunt" if you will.

Lets be pirates and find our room!

Arg, I'm a pirate!

Wandered around and finally found it.

Are you ready for it?

Top floor.....

Lake view!

Ta da!

We got our request! Top floor, very corner by the lake!

Perfect!

Seems the room was right and the CM was wrong!
ROFL! What a fun treasure hunt! You should get a complementary eye patch and sash for perserverance and audacity in the face of severe storm and incomprehensible CMs!

Quote:
A Short Interuption!

Big BIG news here from the kindakrazy household!

Yep, she got into the professional program!

I am so proud of my little monkey. Shocked and proud!

Congratulations honey!
Mucho congrats to Belle and to her proud mommy!

Quote:
Trip Chapter 6 - Finally heading to a park!

About time don't you think!
Yeah, y'all have been slackin' - lounging around all this time. Time to step it up and get to enjoying your vacation!

Quote:
Bounded out of bed yelling "get up, get up" and jumped into the shower. Threw a bag of clothes at the kids (remember how my obessive packing problem made me pack each day's clothes into a ziploc baggie complete with panties?) Yep, paying off now!
Yeah, DW thinks that is a great idea and is 'borrowing' it from ya ;-]

Quote:
Anyways, once we collected ourselves we made a bee line for Tink's Treasures. I was hoping that our Tink would be able to wake up the real Tink at some point even though I knew it probably wouldn't be today. We weren't fast enough off the starting line!

Nope, not today. Another little girl got there first but we were a close second. We stayed to watch though. My Tink liked it but didn't feel the need to try again another day. Okay, fine by me!
My DD's want to do this, we're going to MK on a Wednesday and again on a Friday. I figure we may have a chance on Wednesday.

Quote:
Went to Thunder Mountain first! This is my personal favourite! Weeeeeeee......so much fun! And no line up! Yes! This is looking good!

Next up was Splash Mountain which I hate! That drop just kills me. I love the ride up to that point but I don't like drops at all. Nope. Not one bit. BUT Tink really wanted to do it so I sucked it up and got into the log.

First bit it great. Love all the little drops and the singing animals but I can't get this sickening feeling out from my stomach. I *know* what is coming and there is nothing I can do about it right at that point.

Oh crap!

I am actually going to have to do this!

So I close my eyes for the last of the trip up the dark hill and hang on tight. Scruntch up as small as I can and brace my feet against the seat infront of us.

THEN SCREAM MY GUTS OUT!!!!!
You made it! I always love the fact that you have to keep from having too funky a face when you go by the camera. I am a master of weird faces on those things - lol.

Quote:
I am now officially soaked!

Soaked I tell you!

And here's the thing....

you know that pink dress I am wearing?

Apparently it becomes see-through when wet.

Completlely see through.

Good thing I am wearing matching bra and panties because everyone in the park that day got a view of them.
Whoohoo - I'm sure you turned a lot of heads that day - hubba hubba!

Quote:
Waited about 10 mins and we were aboard and heading off to battle the Emperor Zurg! HG of course kicked our butts on this one. Ya, he's a computer geek through and through!

That's it for tonight folks. I am tired. I'll try to get more up tomorrow!
Yes, fear geeks with electronic guns, we are truly a force to be reconed with!!! Great TR so far, I'll come back later and continue my 'catch up' - have a great Sunday!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #1369
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
OK now you are just mean, FINISH THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe one day Meri!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #1370
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
From your first post on the trip - yes, working the day you leave for your trip is not a good way to go if you can help it and bummer about getting the cranky border guard Wow, your hotel stay in Seattle sounded really scary - yikes!

Naw, they'll just 'borrow' it for deliveries ;-]

ROFL!!!! Cranky border guard, icky hotel room, and now wrong plane???? Y'all are 3 for 3 so far!

Sounds like Southwest to me - they are the kings of "oh, by the way"

Warm canned water - yum! At least you had the codine on hand.

Yay! The worst is over now right? It's gonna be all sunshine and happiness with all the bad stuff left behind

Cool beans! Horray for making it to Orlando! Honestly I hope our flight isn't quite as exciting as yours was ;-] And I very well know what we refer to as the "hummingbird bladder" syndrome - lol

That is very cool - it is nice that they go the extra mile to make it special for the wee ones.

Yippieeeeee! Can't wait to hear how the first day on site goes

With my work in IT I deal with the language barrier quite a bit and have technicians who are the same as HG and just can't process what is being said. Kudos to you on being able to understand him

ROFL! What a fun treasure hunt! You should get a complementary eye patch and sash for perserverance and audacity in the face of severe storm and incomprehensible CMs!

Mucho congrats to Belle and to her proud mommy!

Yeah, y'all have been slackin' - lounging around all this time. Time to step it up and get to enjoying your vacation!

Yeah, DW thinks that is a great idea and is 'borrowing' it from ya ;-]

My DD's want to do this, we're going to MK on a Wednesday and again on a Friday. I figure we may have a chance on Wednesday.

You made it! I always love the fact that you have to keep from having too funky a face when you go by the camera. I am a master of weird faces on those things - lol.

Whoohoo - I'm sure you turned a lot of heads that day - hubba hubba!

Yes, fear geeks with electronic guns, we are truly a force to be reconed with!!! Great TR so far, I'll come back later and continue my 'catch up' - have a great Sunday!

Yeah! Mustard's back!

If you want the best shot at getting to wake up Tink tell them you have breakie ressies at the castle. That's how the little girl who beat us did it. We all waited for the rope drop at main street and then headed over to the bridge on the left of the castle. THey stopped everyone there except people who said "we have ressies" - they were just waved through. No list to check there either.

Not sure if I would have done it but if it means that much to your DD then.....

We watched the little girl's family do it and then she was the first one there.

Good luck!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #1371
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Great update Sarah. I can imagine how mad you were when DD spilled her breakfast on the shirt she didn't want to wear. You know darn well it is on purpose but it makes you mad that you have to give in as you don't want her wearing the dirty shirt all day. She knew what she was doing. Good for you for sticking to your guns about no more breakfast and making her wait until lunch. I know that was hard on you but you were great, you did it.

Can't wait to see what happens next!!!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #1372
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Great update Sarah. I can imagine how mad you were when DD spilled her breakfast on the shirt she didn't want to wear. You know darn well it is on purpose but it makes you mad that you have to give in as you don't want her wearing the dirty shirt all day. She knew what she was doing. Good for you for sticking to your guns about no more breakfast and making her wait until lunch. I know that was hard on you but you were great, you did it.

Thanks QM. It was one of those moments where I could feel my blood pressure rising and I was trying really hard not to have a stroke right there!

If we had been at home she would have had to wear the dirty shirt but on holidays I had to let it go. Didn't want to but I was worried about the bugs too.

She was a hungry girl by lunch time.....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 11-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #1373
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Ugh... the TORTURE!!! Now I'll be checking every day for you to fill us in...

Once again... beautiful young ladies you have! Even if they are cunning enough to get out of wearing a baby shirt!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 11-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #1374
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Ugh... the TORTURE!!! Now I'll be checking every day for you to fill us in...

Once again... beautiful young ladies you have! Even if they are cunning enough to get out of wearing a baby shirt!
Thanks Sooze! Are you laughing at me being out-played by my 10 year old?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #1375
mommyofthreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post

Yep! Good for you! I would have washed it and made her wear it the next day! lol
September 2008-ASsp- Anniversary trip-just DH & I
April 25-30, 2009- BWV with a friend
March 21-25, 2010- first cruise! and a stay at POR and CS. On the Wonder.
January 3-8, 2011- 2nd cruise! On the Magic.
(41) (38) (20) (15) (13)
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #1376
betsywdw
DIS Veteran
Any old tag

So I just get all caught up and you leave me with that ending!!!! It was a great update but now I'm dying to know what happened!!!!! I'll be patient though or maybe I'll stick Sharky on it

Official Stylist of Disland
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #1377
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

You can't leave us hanging like that! That is just mean!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #1378
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofthreeboys View Post
Yep! Good for you! I would have washed it and made her wear it the next day! lol
I would have if I was doing laundry that night but I wasn't doing more work then I needed to! I like the way you think though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
So I just get all caught up and you leave me with that ending!!!! It was a great update but now I'm dying to know what happened!!!!! I'll be patient though or maybe I'll stick Sharky on it
Hey Betsy! You'll have to stay tunned to find out what happened next! And I'm not afraid of Sharky! I'm on her good side! Hahahahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
You can't leave us hanging like that! That is just mean!
Sorry Lessa! Keep reading!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #1379
meriann
Mouseketeer

oh I forgot to add this part....
Quote:
Chapter 10 - Day 2, Bet You Never Thought We'd Get here!

Last time I did that.

Seems while I was getting breakie, Belle was having a fit about her clothes. "Too baby-ish" was the whine of the day. Get over it. That's what you are wearing! Mean mommy was returning quickly! Told her that I had heard enough and handed her breakfast.

Who can guess what happens next?

Any mother can.

She "accidently" dumped her food all over the shirt that was the problem.

GRrrrrrr......

Now what should I do. I don't know. I'm torn. She did it on purpose so she wouldn't have to wear it so I should still make her wear the dirty shirt but on the other hand all the photos for the day will be ruined. Decisions, decisions.....

"Change your shirt but sorry to say it but that is all you have for breakfast. You can try again at lunch to eat."

"But Mommmmm....."

made me that is SOOOOO something my middle one would do! KIDS!

Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #1380
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
oh I forgot to add this part....

made me that is SOOOOO something my middle one would do! KIDS!

Glad I am not the only one dealing with Miss Attitude!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: