Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #871
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
you have arrived!!

Love all the pics and glad Hippo made it with you!
Thanks Amy. We could't have taken the trip without Hippo!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #872
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
That's right - everyone was arriving back at the resort in bad moods after the MNSSHP! Now its all coming back to me!

Belle takes a good pic doesn't she?

Hippo did behave herself! It was so funny when the Cm took her from Tink and had a very serious conversation with her out of earshot from HG and I. I guess they couldn't chance a hippo not behaving herself on the bus!
At least, I heard...you can take that ticket back to any one of hte 4 park and it is good for a one day admission ticket

Yes, she does

I love when CMs really get in to their role......
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 AM   #873
meriann
Mouseketeer

yea for the next chapter. That is cool you finally made it to the resort. Too bad on the rain. Did you finally get a pic of the sign at anytime? The pictures are GREAT and you know how I feel about your girls. Isn't hippo missing her tutu? LOL

Old 10-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #874
Leger13
DIS Veteran

awesome update. I wanna ride on a cruise bus. They look fun.

Glad hippo m ade it through the security check.

Cute pictures on the bus and i like your version of the wDW sign in the rain.

You guys must have arrived when we were on our way to eat dinner at the stinky Concorse Steakhouse. It did POUR that night!! MNSSHP got rained out. We were glad we did not go to that.

Anyways, Yay! You made it to Pop finally!! What a trip to make it there. I'm sure once you finally arrived you sighed a sigh of relief.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #875
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, that is some rain! I love the pic of dh and the girls on the bus, great shot. Of course, I DO expect that from you! Next installment!

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #876
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
At least, I heard...you can take that ticket back to any one of hte 4 park and it is good for a one day admission ticket

Yes, she does

I love when CMs really get in to their role......
I love it too when the CMs are really into it. Makes it so special! Having the whole Magical Express area to ourselves was special too! I was worried that no one was waiting so we must have just missed a bus and we'd be waiting forever but nope - get on a bus and lets go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
yea for the next chapter. That is cool you finally made it to the resort. Too bad on the rain. Did you finally get a pic of the sign at anytime? The pictures are GREAT and you know how I feel about your girls. Isn't hippo missing her tutu? LOL
Nope, that is the only time we went under the sign - except when we were leaving. So that's the best pic I have. Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
awesome update. I wanna ride on a cruise bus. They look fun.

Glad hippo m ade it through the security check.

Cute pictures on the bus and i like your version of the wDW sign in the rain.

You guys must have arrived when we were on our way to eat dinner at the stinky Concorse Steakhouse. It did POUR that night!! MNSSHP got rained out. We were glad we did not go to that.

Anyways, Yay! You made it to Pop finally!! What a trip to make it there. I'm sure once you finally arrived you sighed a sigh of relief.
It was fun to ride on a "different" bus then most people. We are all glad that Hippo passed the security check. We would never have left the airport if Hippo wasn't going to make it on the bus!

Sucks about the pic of the sign - most people post these beautiful pics of it infront of a bright blue sky, all perfectly framed.....not me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
Wow, that is some rain! I love the pic of dh and the girls on the bus, great shot. Of course, I DO expect that from you! Next installment!
Aw, thanks Leyla. I try with the photos and sometimes I get lucky and get one that turns out. The WDW sign clearly did not!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #877
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I'm very glad to hear you finally made it - but probably not as glad as all of you were at the time!! I'm hoping the rest of your trip went as smooth as possible for you.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #878
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
I'm very glad to hear you finally made it - but probably not as glad as all of you were at the time!! I'm hoping the rest of your trip went as smooth as possible for you.
No one was as glad as I was to get there! THought it was never going to happen!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #879
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That was day the MNSSHP was washed out and cancelled.....

That was the day it poured on MNSSHP - but it was not cancelled - we were there! A lot of time was spent indoors out of the storm, but one parade was still held, as were the fireworks and the various dance parties and trick or treeting. It wasn't like we would have liked, but it was still fun.
WDW: October 1976 - Offsite, January 1979 - CR, September of 2007 - POFQ, Christmas 2011 - CR, MNSSHP and F&W - October 2012 - AKV, Flower & Garden - April 2013 - BLT, and MNSSHP and F&W - October 2013 - BLT (our DVC home resort) AKV-Kidani.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #880
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
It was fun to ride on a "different" bus then most people. We are all glad that Hippo passed the security check. We would never have left the airport if Hippo wasn't going to make it on the bus!

Sucks about the pic of the sign - most people post these beautiful pics of it infront of a bright blue sky, all perfectly framed.....not me!

yeah, you guys were special I'm sure it would've been the end of the world for Tink if she had to leave Hippo behind at least the security checker made it into a game instead of something detramental.

well, it seems that everyone that rides the ME bus can't get a good pic of it anyways. Just think of yours as special since it's so different than the other ones with the blue sky background
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #881
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I just can't even imagine how long your travel day must've been. I will never gripe about a 2 hour flight ever again... I promise! Glad you're finally there!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #882
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I love the pic of the sign in the rain!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #883
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby's Dad View Post
That was the day it poured on MNSSHP - but it was not cancelled - we were there! A lot of time was spent indoors out of the storm, but one parade was still held, as were the fireworks and the various dance parties and trick or treeting. It wasn't like we would have liked, but it was still fun.
There were a lot of crying kids in costumes in the lobby of the hotel when we were checking in. I guess mom and dad bailed on the party. Glad you guys were able to tough it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
yeah, you guys were special I'm sure it would've been the end of the world for Tink if she had to leave Hippo behind at least the security checker made it into a game instead of something detramental.

well, it seems that everyone that rides the ME bus can't get a good pic of it anyways. Just think of yours as special since it's so different than the other ones with the blue sky background
She was fun with Hippo! The one and only ride Hippo was allowed to go on. Apparently she gets motion sickness so had to stay in the room while we hit the parks. Besides, she got to watch TV all day that way!

Ya, its special all right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I just can't even imagine how long your travel day must've been. I will never gripe about a 2 hour flight ever again... I promise! Glad you're finally there!!
More then 24 hours to get there. We were worn out just getting there. 2 hours seems like a dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I love the pic of the sign in the rain!
Glad you like it! I wasn't sure if I should even bother posting it but everyone posts their version of "driving under the sign" so I had to post mine too!

Do you think I'll win some sort of photography award for that one?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #884
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

Hey Sarah- so glad you made it!!! That sucks that it was raining tho- hopefully it will quit soon(as it usally does)
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #885
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
Hey Sarah- so glad you made it!!! That sucks that it was raining tho- hopefully it will quit soon(as it usally does)
It was 11pm - it didn't matter if it rained all night! I was tired and wasn't going to be doing anything!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: