Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #856
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Hey Princess!~!!!

How are you this Evening???

I am back to taking Tests in a Second...
THought I would say Hey!!!!!

Hey

Hey! Disneydad was here! I miss you guys! So do the kids....they are asking when we can go to Disney with you guys again!

Good luck on the tests. 13 in one day sounds like a crappy day! Hope they go well!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #857
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
That's what I do...When going to My dads or K's Parents

Love that Wine

Glad to hear I am not the only one who relies on some sort of bottled beverage to get through family gatherings! Hahahahaha!!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #858
meriann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica D View Post
meriann-what is your peaname?

It's really kind of sad, because it used to be a fun place to hang out and get advice. Now if you say anything...ANYTHING....they rip you to shreds. I found 2Peas in 2000, so I've been going there seven years. That's a long time! Oh well...maybe we should start our own Disney/scrapbook board.
over there is jjmj94. I signed up to shop then about a year later found the boards, so I never changed my log in name. I like it that way so I am not "known"

have you done a dis book yet? I have been doing a TON of shopping but don't start my book till I am home and see what pictures I have. I just got a cricut last week and the disney font. I have been in HEAVEN playing with that.

Monica, I just saw that you are doing a Dis cruise in Nov. We are "suppose" to go in Nov of 09. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Last edited by meriann; 10-10-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #859
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

The Trip Chapter 4 - On To Pop Century!

'Are we there yet?' We had to check - twice - certainly wouldn't go well with the kidlets to get off the plane and find out we were in Kentucky or some such place. The way our day had gone, it wouldn't have surprized me at this point!

Thankfully our captain had delivered us to Orlando as planned, and we de-plained and immediately had to make the bowl stop for Belle. That's a whole OTHER pattern that will emerge - you know, peeing every 20 mins. Come on, you're almost 11 - you can hold it!

So pee - check, carry on - check, got our Mickey transportation tickets - check... off we go! The kids were starting to perk up (even though it was getting late, the buzz of anticipation was waking them up quick), and we found ourselves on our FIRST RIDE!

The Great Orlando Airport Monorail System! It sounds a bit like Disney, they pack you in a bit like Disney, and sure enough they somehow 'stole' the voice guy of Disney! Close enough - FIRST RIDE! Woohoo!

Hmm. Well that was short... certainly no Small World, but it counted! So we're wandering through the airport - got lost a bit with DH not willing to ask for directions - and finally found ourselves at the end of a red carpet with Mickey on it! But wait a minute - where's the LINE? Are they closed? And where are our KIDS???!?!!!

No line - no people - no wait - just friendly cast member checker-in people waving at us as our kids round the final red carpet lap and are pretty well on the bus while we're still trying to figure out who to show our magical express passes to.

Suddenly there's a squeal up ahead - HIPPO has been detained by Disney custom lady!! (Hippo is well, a hippo - duh! - it's the latest large stuffie owned by our beloved Tink). Tink has a worried look, and Disney custom lady is whispering to... Hippo? Something about behaving herself while on the bus! Clearly Hippo was ready to behave because custom lady gave her back to Tink and cleared us for boarding!

The CMs at the airport were so much fun and genuinely seemed excited for us!

We didn't wait at all to check in or to get on our bus. After Hippo was given the security check we immediately got on our bus and it happened to be a cruise bus! Do we get to go on a cruise too?

Sadly not this trip but it was fun to be on the cruise bus!

The bus was almost emtpy and yet as soon as we got on it took off and we were on the way!

Here is Belle, Tink and of course Hippo on the bus

And one with HG getting in on the fun! Notice the little ancors on the seats - proof it was a cruise bus!

I handed the camera off to Belle so there would be proof that I was in fact on this trip with the rest of them!

Here is the video that was waiting for us

Seemed to stay on that screen for a really long time. Everyone else on the bus was muttering about missing the video too but no one was gutsy enough to say anything but the bus driver must have picked up on it because he came the speaker and told us that the movie was GPS controlled and it would come on when we hit the highway.

Sure enough - we hit the highway and Mickey came to welcome us!

Not long after we really started moving the skies opened up and the rain started falling. Then it starting really falling. And soon the bus driver was slamming on his brakes and we came to a dead stop on the highway.

No!!!!!! Don't do this to me. I am so close now - please keep moving.

So he did!

We crawled the rest of the way in because the rain was sooooo bad.

He did come on and tell us when we were about to pass under the Disneyworld sign. I had to take a pic!

Okay, I know the pic sucks but it was the best I could get in the downpour so it will have to do.

POP was the first stop and we hopped off the bus and ran for cover!

I was there!!!!!

Finally really there!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

Here come the bananamen to celebrate!!!!!

It really was starting to feel like we'd never get there but we made it.

Now let the magic begin!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Last edited by kindakrazy2; 10-11-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: because I apparently can't count.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #860
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Wow, finally! Whew, I was starting to get worried!

What night did you get there, Sunday? I can't remember when it rained like that, but there sure was a LOT of it, wasn't there? It came down in buckets!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #861
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Wow, finally! Whew, I was starting to get worried!

What night did you get there, Sunday? I can't remember when it rained like that, but there sure was a LOT of it, wasn't there? It came down in buckets!!!
It was Friday the 14th. It was bad that night. I don't think we even saw the outside of the resort - we just bailed off the bus and ran for cover!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #862
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
It was Friday the 14th. It was bad that night. I don't think we even saw the outside of the resort - we just bailed off the bus and ran for cover!
Oh, ok, we were still driving that night, but it must have rained the whole way up and down the East coast, because we had it the entire night!

At least you didn't get too wet. Good thing those ME buses stop right in front of the lobby!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #863
Monica D
Ready to plan my next cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
over there is jjmj94. I signed up to shop then about a year later found the boards, so I never changed my log in name. I like it that way so I am not "known"

have you done a dis book yet? I have been doing a TON of shopping but don't start my book till I am home and see what pictures I have. I just got a cricut last week and the disney font. I have been in HEAVEN playing with that.

Monica, I just saw that you are doing a Dis cruise in Nov. We are "suppose" to go in Nov of 09. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
I actually picked up an 8x8 book at a scrapbook store as well as a few other embellishments. I'd love to get started on it but I'm too busy getting ready for the trip! If I come across any online stuff I will let you know.

Dh Me
Ds (17) Dd (15)

Old 10-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #864
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

So glad your family made it to Orlando safely. I am waiting patiently for your Pop Century stories, we go there in 24 days and it is our first time.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #865
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Oh, ok, we were still driving that night, but it must have rained the whole way up and down the East coast, because we had it the entire night!

At least you didn't get too wet. Good thing those ME buses stop right in front of the lobby!
We still got wet even though we were undercover - the wind was blowing it up underneath! Gotta love those September rains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica D View Post
I actually picked up an 8x8 book at a scrapbook store as well as a few other embellishments. I'd love to get started on it but I'm too busy getting ready for the trip! If I come across any online stuff I will let you know.
I started collecting scrapbooking stuff about 2 months before we left. I am going to an all day crop on the 20th so I hope to get a bunch done! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
So glad your family made it to Orlando safely. I am waiting patiently for your Pop Century stories, we go there in 24 days and it is our first time.
24 days - its getting close! POP stories coming up next!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #866
betsywdw
DIS Veteran
Any old tag

Awesome update! Your girls are too cute...so is the hippo

That's a shame it had to be raining when you crossed under the arch! But then again, at least you were at WDW

Official Stylist of Disland
Old 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #867
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsywdw View Post
Awesome update! Your girls are too cute...so is the hippo

That's a shame it had to be raining when you crossed under the arch! But then again, at least you were at WDW
Thanks! Hippo has become a part of our family and she goes everywhere with us!

It was too bad about the weather that day but at least we were there!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #868
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
That was day the MNSSHP was washed out and cancelled.....

Anyway...Great update!!

Yeah, you are finlaly there

We got the cruise bus, too on the way to the resort...wasn it great

Love the pics..Your DD took a great pick of you and Hubby

Glad Hippo made it on the bus and behaved herself
Old 10-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #869
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That was day the MNSSHP was washed out and cancelled.....

Anyway...Great update!!

Yeah, you are finlaly there

We got the cruise bus, too on the way to the resort...wasn it great

Love the pics..Your DD took a great pick of you and Hubby

Glad Hippo made it on the bus and behaved herself
That's right - everyone was arriving back at the resort in bad moods after the MNSSHP! Now its all coming back to me!

Belle takes a good pic doesn't she?

Hippo did behave herself! It was so funny when the Cm took her from Tink and had a very serious conversation with her out of earshot from HG and I. I guess they couldn't chance a hippo not behaving herself on the bus!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #870
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

you have arrived!!

Love all the pics and glad Hippo made it with you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: