Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #766
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
me too..you have lots of impatient readers
Its done!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #767
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Oh, thank goodness! That you were on the right plane. My faith in homeland security has been restored.

I am so sorry you had a migraine though! But glad you had your meds with you. You look great in your picture - not at all like you're strung out on codeine!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #768
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Too funny but I think you just gave me a reason not to fly Southwest. At least that is who I think you were flying with.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #769
Sooze
DIS Veteran

Oh no... you had a migraine on day one just like I did.... I hope I didn't give your head that idea!!

Glad you made it.. now... let the magic begin... hopefully!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #770
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Oh, thank goodness! That you were on the right plane. My faith in homeland security has been restored.

I am so sorry you had a migraine though! But glad you had your meds with you. You look great in your picture - not at all like you're strung out on codeine!
I was most relieved to find we were where we were supposed to be! Thanks about the photo but I think it looks ick! Maybe because I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Too funny but I think you just gave me a reason not to fly Southwest. At least that is who I think you were flying with.
Ya, it was Southwest. Actually, other then that little hiccup, we really liked them. There was way more leg room then Air Canada and they were right on time with all our flights. After I bought our tickets the price came down and all I had to do was call them and they refunded the difference! Woohoo! All things considered, I'd fly with them again in a heartbeat. I'd just ask where the plane was going before I got on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
Oh no... you had a migraine on day one just like I did.... I hope I didn't give your head that idea!!

Glad you made it.. now... let the magic begin... hopefully!!
I remember reading about your migraine Sooze! So, its your fault then, eh?!

On a plane is not a fun place to get one, that's for sure. I think someone else had one too. I think it may have been Me(l) the 1000th Happy Haunt. Might be wrong though.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #771
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Oh yes, I left you all freaking out about my little "situation"!

"This plane is going to Salt Lake City en route to Albequerque."

That's it for now folks! Sorry to keep you all hanging the other day but I have to admit I had fun at your expence! Thanks for reading along with me!
Finally I can put my nitro away and get on with my day! And it was just as I suspected - but you never know. I am so relieved that you got to MCO. Thank you!
WDW: October 1976 - Offsite, January 1979 - CR, September of 2007 - POFQ, Christmas 2011 - CR, MNSSHP and F&W - October 2012 - AKV, Flower & Garden - April 2013 - BLT, and MNSSHP and F&W - October 2013 - BLT (our DVC home resort) AKV-Kidani.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #772
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Trip Chapter 3 - We're Still On The Wrong Plane!

So where did I leave off?

Hmmmm....

Oh yes, I left you all freaking out about my little "situation"!

There I am sitting on a plane that is going somewhere I don't want to go flipping right out! The kids were looking at me trying to decide whether they should pretend they don't know me or if they should start to cry. Either one would have been fine at that moment!

We frantically pressed the "call" buttons above our heads. Hoping that if all 4 of us pushed them the flight attendent would come faster.....

"Um, excuse me but we are on the wrong plane!"

"Where are you trying to get to?"

"Albequerque - which is not the same place as Salt Lake City!"

I thought I through in that little geography lesson for her!

Then it happened and now I feel like a fool......

"This plane is going to Salt Lake City en route to Albequerque."

"Oh." !
omg! that's hillarious! I'm sure it wasn't to you at the time but at least you were in fact on the RIGHT plane! I'm glad to finally know the outcome. It was killing me.

Quote:
Well why on earth has that never been mentioned before? Not on Southwest's site, not on our tickets, not on the sign at the boarding gate - no where I tell you!

It's not nice to give a poor Disney-bound momma a heart attack like that!

So all is well and good in our world once again except for the little fact that I still have to spend the day on an airplane. And now I have to go up and down not twice but three times!!!!

Have I mentioned I don't like flying? !
no, not good to give a disney bound mama who has already had a bad night the night before a heart attack.

yes, you mentioned that a time or two. that stinks that you have to land and take off one more time than expected.

Quote:
Okay, so now it has been confirmed that we are in deed on the right plane. Just making an unexpected visit to Salt Lake City.

We meandered our way over to the end of the runway and then suddenly it was "that" time and the plane started rocketing off down the runway. I guess I had yet another paniced look to me because Belle reached across the isle and grabbed my hand and told me it was going to be okay. !
aww that's sweet that belle was looking out for you

Quote:
Deep breath.

Don't freak out the kids.

Don't make a bigger fool of yourself then you already have.

Then suddenly I couldn't feel the comforting vibrations of the runway under the landing gears which only means one thing - we're in the air!

Okay, I can do this.

I can do this.

Still trying to convince myself that I can do this.....

About 30 mins in I start to get a weird feeling - everything is suddenly sidewise. Don't panic. I look over at HG and the girls and they are sitting there listening to their iPods, chewing gum and are happy as clams.

Don't they realize that we are literally on our sides?

I start making panicy faces at HG and I guess I didn't look quite right because now he is starting to look paniced.

As it turns out the plane was not laying on its side for a nap I was getting a migraine which explains the funny tummy at the airport earlier.!
oh man, that HAD to suck having a migrane with all the presure of being up in the airplane like that. that cabin pressure can be horrible.

Quote:
Could things go more wrong?

Thing with my migraines is that I am really bad a noticing one is coming. I can look back after the fact and go "oh ya!" but at the time I am totally oblivious. About a minute and a half later the pain and pressure hit.

Okay, so I am not going to die in a plane crash - my head is going to explode on this plane and that is how my end will come.

I need drugs - NOW!!!!

I started trying to fish around in my bag for my pills and one of the bottles of water and couldn't find either. Not sure why I couldn't find the large bottle of water in there - it was a very small bag but I couldn't.

So HG sent Belle up to the galley to ask for water. She came back and told me that they said we'd have to wait.

Go back and tell them I need water NOW!!!!!

She came back with a can of water. A can? Yes, a pop can type can of water. Have never heard of such a thing. Oh well, who cares? It was warm too. Ick!

I started slamming back the codeine and in the process was gagging on the warm, disgusting tasting water. I think HG was just wishing we had stayed home at this point. !
ick is right on the warm water. and in a can? weird. why is airline stuff so backwords?

Quote:
I close my eyes and concentrate on breathing in and out. Nice long slow breaths. You know, the kind they teach you in childbirth classes which worked great sitting in the room with the pillows and the plastic babies but never got used once you hit the hospital and a real baby was trying to escape from your body?

By the time we landed in Salt Lake City I was in a complete drugged stuppor and couldn't have cared less about the landing! Drugs were my friend that day!!
yay for drugs!!

Quote:
Thankfully we didn't have to get off the plane here so no need to try to convince the kids they had to touch the outside of the plane again. People filled off and back on and I don't think I noticed. Still had my eyes closed trying to pretend this wasn't all happening.

Up we went again and then down into Albequerque. I think the flight attendents were glad to see the back end of me!

We grabbed a quick sandwhich on the way to our next gate to eat on the plane as the peanuts jusy weren't going to cut it for the daily intake for the kids. Okay, so they don't eat bread either but the Quiznos was the only thing we could find quickly and we had less then an hour until we were going to be in the air again.

Back into the A line and took turns going to the bathroom. Yes, mommy may be heavily medicated but you are still not going to pee on the plane!

Scan our boarding passes, down the gangway, touch the plane and sit!

Here we go again!

This time the plane was almost empty so we could spread out a bit. I sat with Belle and HG and Tink sat across the isle.

Here is Belle and I!

And Tink and HG!

!
cute pictures. it's always nice to have an empty plane

Quote:
Then came that rumbling feeling that the engines were up and running again and soon we were lifting off again. Last time today. It is the last time today I have to do this. I kept telling myself that.

This flight was much easier on me. Something about having enough codiene to take down a medium sized cow may have had something to do with it.

The girls worked on their homework and I tried to nap. I have no idea what HG was doing - he loves to fly so he was probably just taking it all in.

After what seemed like an eternity we were landing in Orlando!

Did you hear that?

We made it!

And I am still alive!

The plane didn't crash and my head didn't explode!

Yippee!!!!!

Actually it was 8:05pm which was 11:05pm Vancouver time so it had been an extremely long day and we still had to get to our hotel.

We set off in seach of Disney's Magical Express!

That's it for now folks! Sorry to keep you all hanging the other day but I have to admit I had fun at your expence! Thanks for reading along with me!
yay you made it to WDW in ONE piece!! can't wait to read the next installment. You write so well. you had me with your descriptions of things. Great job!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #773
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby's Dad View Post
Finally I can put my nitro away and get on with my day! And it was just as I suspected - but you never know. I am so relieved that you got to MCO. Thank you!
Glad your life can go on now! Hahahahah!!!!! I think most people would have just assumed that they would make it to the right destination but not me - I had to flip out and make a scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
omg! that's hillarious! I'm sure it wasn't to you at the time but at least you were in fact on the RIGHT plane! I'm glad to finally know the outcome. It was killing me.

no, not good to give a disney bound mama who has already had a bad night the night before a heart attack.

yes, you mentioned that a time or two. that stinks that you have to land and take off one more time than expected.

aww that's sweet that belle was looking out for you

oh man, that HAD to suck having a migrane with all the presure of being up in the airplane like that. that cabin pressure can be horrible.

ick is right on the warm water. and in a can? weird. why is airline stuff so backwords?

yay for drugs!!

cute pictures. it's always nice to have an empty plane

yay you made it to WDW in ONE piece!! can't wait to read the next installment. You write so well. you had me with your descriptions of things. Great job!!
Thanks Leger! I don't get the canned water either but at that point I didn't care! Belle was a sweetheart to notice that I was flipping out inside! She is such a nice kid - I love her to bits!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #774
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

Great installment--glad to hear that your were indeed on the right plane!! I think after reading that installment I CAN DO IT! I can fly--If you did it I can do it!! I would much rather get to disney in 2 hours rather than 15 hours (driving) so next time--flying it is(I say that now but well see LOL)!
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #775
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Ya, it was Southwest. Actually, other then that little hiccup, we really liked them. There was way more leg room then Air Canada and they were right on time with all our flights. After I bought our tickets the price came down and all I had to do was call them and they refunded the difference! Woohoo! All things considered, I'd fly with them again in a heartbeat. I'd just ask where the plane was going before I got on!
We never use Air Canada either, they are the great rip off in the sky. We drive in to Maine and fly from Bangor on Delta.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #776
meriann
Mouseketeer

sarah, just reading taht makes my head hurt. Glad you made it ok and were OK in the end. I HATE landing. so to have to do that 3 times make me

Can't wait to hear more!

Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #777
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
Great installment--glad to hear that your were indeed on the right plane!! I think after reading that installment I CAN DO IT! I can fly--If you did it I can do it!! I would much rather get to disney in 2 hours rather than 15 hours (driving) so next time--flying it is(I say that now but well see LOL)!
If I could have driven I would have! But I will admit that flying certainly cuts down on the travel time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
We never use Air Canada either, they are the great rip off in the sky. We drive in to Maine and fly from Bangor on Delta.
I have never flown with Delta. We use Air Canada a fair bit because HG travels for business a lot and so we use his frequent flyer miles! Gotta love free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
sarah, just reading taht makes my head hurt. Glad you made it ok and were OK in the end. I HATE landing. so to have to do that 3 times make me

Can't wait to hear more!
Wasn't a fun day but it was worth it in the end! Disney was calling!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #778
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

YAY!! An update. So glad you were on the right flight. I would have been freaking out.

So sorry to hear about the migraine, I can't imagine how that feels on top of being stressed out about being on a plane. Canned, warm water yuck .

But, all that was worth it to get to WDW. Can't wait to hear more .
Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #779
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
YAY!! An update. So glad you were on the right flight. I would have been freaking out.

So sorry to hear about the migraine, I can't imagine how that feels on top of being stressed out about being on a plane. Canned, warm water yuck .

But, all that was worth it to get to WDW. Can't wait to hear more .
It was so worth it all in the end but I wasn't so sure that day!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #780
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Phew, what a relief! Glad you made it okay!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: