Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #61
mikep_97
Mike-ey Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Mike! Come back and let me know when you've started your report so I can follow along with your plans!
I have finally started my pre-trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1522596
It is called: Another Anniversary (21) I Guess We'll Go to Disney World--Again!!

Everyone is welcome!
AKL/BWV--September 2006 Free Dining 20th Anniversary
AS Sport--September 2007 Free Dining

BWV -- December 2009

Old 07-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #62
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, and at least if you are gathering many colored paint chips then it is no biggie. Since you have girls grab the pinks and purples too, for princessy colors Hope that makes it easier for you!
Oh ya - they are my cover every single time! That's why we have them, right?

Quote:
I have finally started my pre-trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1522596
It is called: Another Anniversary (21) I Guess We'll Go to Disney World--Again!!

Everyone is welcome!
I'm on my way now! Thanks Mike!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #63
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Chapter 3 - The Liberation of the LGMHPCs

Yes indeed. A very important part done.

And it feels so good!

The other day I went to Home Depot in search of the LGMHPC. I have heard they are a hot commodity and are often not in their proper paint chip holders. I was expecting this to be the first of many missions to obtain to elusive LGMHPCs yet when I walked into the paint department there they were!

A whole holder of them begging me to liberate them!

I have to admit I used Belle and Tink as cover as we looked at each colour of Mickey heads and discussed the merits of each. I ended up having to convince them both that no, they could not paint their rooms in either Rumbly Tumbly or Sunny Spot. So much for not causing a scene! They were supposed to be my cover - not draw more attention to us!

I had just about had enough and so took a few of the others - again for cover and then I reach for the prize - the LGMHPCs!

SCORE!!!!!

Well, almost.....

To get out of HD you have to pass through the cash registers and of course on the day we go there is no line up - just lots of cashiers looking eager as we near. Well Tink thinks that we should stop and be social and show the nice ladies all the Mickey heads that are coming home with us!

NO!!!!!!!

Keep walking Tink!

I say in a nice yet firm voice "Tink they are paint chips, we don't have to pay for them" and ushered her out the door.

Made off with 9 of them. Not quite the mother load some others have but I figured it was enough for now. If I need more I'll go on another mission but I think we have freed enough LGMHPC for now.

They must be so excited to be going "home". Kind of like the LGMHPC alien green mother ship is calling them home!
OMGoodness! Your Tink is just like my Princess Ariel! Mind you, you walked out with 9....we walked out with 35 paint chips in red, black, yellow, and the LGMHPC! I too, used her and Stitch for cover. Just when we were near the exit she says in her loud voice "Hey Mom WAIT! You have to pay for those!" I was mortified! I look at her and say "Keep walking, they are just paint chips!"

What we do for our Disney Addiction!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #64
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Love it so far....

I know what you mean about the ... Guilt... but hey... as you said... they are... FREE!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #65
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love it so far....

I know what you mean about the ... Guilt... but hey... as you said... they are... FREE!!!
Tanya! Glad to have you along for the ride!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #66
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 7 - Let the crafting begin!

I mentioned earlier that I am crafty and today was the perfect day to start the vacation crafts!

I made each of the girls a lunchbox to keep their Disney treasures in when we get back. They tend to collect streamers, confetti, etc and it ends up spread all over the house so this time I am ready. They can keep it in a bag while we are away and when we come home it goes into their memory tins!

Here is Tink's. It is none other then Tink herself!

One side -

The other side -

The top/side view -

Belle originally said she wanted a Minnie tin and then after I started she said she changed her mind and wanted it to be Nemo. Great. Oh well, one more coat of paint and Nemo it is!

One side -

The other side -

The top/side of Nemo -

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #67
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

those are cool looking
Old 07-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #68
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Those are awesome....I showed DisneyMom & she like them too!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #69
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tanya!

Thanks DisneyDad!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #70
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now you have me questioning my time choice. I went with the 9am because I thought the girls and I could do some of their favourite rides while he did the tour. Never thought of him going on his own and doing it so we could do the whole day together after he finished......
I'm sorry! I really wasn't trying to make you second-guess yourself. Do what is best for you and your family. We're planning on being in a park other than Epcot on the Segway tour day, so that is why he's going early. If you're planning on Epcot that day anyway, your plan is probably fine.

Quote:
I made each of the girls a lunchbox to keep their Disney treasures in when we get back.
Wow--those boxes are beautiful! My girls would LOVE them!!!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 07-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #71
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Those lunch memory boxes are adorable! You sure are crafty.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 AM   #72
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

What cute lunch boxes. I could never be that creative.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #73
pixe*dst
Mouseketeer

Hi Sarah

You must be my Canadian alter-ego.

Same name.
Same honeymoon resort that will forever remain Dixie Landings in our hearts.
Photography & crafting interests.
& we'll be at Disney the same time in September!!!

I have 2 boys instead of girls though.

Love the tins--what a great idea. I might have to copy that. My boys love to keep the streamer pieces, napkins, etc. too. (a bit like their mom).

Can't wait to read more.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #74
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Denise - I hadn't thought about the EMH at MK that day.....its the only AM EHM there while we are there. May have to rethink this one......if I change him to another day it may work a little better......Ahhhhhh....the pressure.....

I may end up telling him so he can help me sort through it all.

Quote:
Wow--those boxes are beautiful! My girls would LOVE them!!!
Thanks! My girls do love them but trying to convince them that they can't store their "regular" treasure in them, only "Disney" treasures is turning out to be quite a chore!

Quote:
Those lunch memory boxes are adorable! You sure are crafty
Thanks! I am trying.....I like to make things but trust me, they don't always turn out cute!

Quote:
What cute lunch boxes. I could never be that creative
Thank you. THey did turn out this time! I've made my fare share of ugly stuff though too!

Quote:
Hi Sarah

You must be my Canadian alter-ego.

Same name.
Same honeymoon resort that will forever remain Dixie Landings in our hearts.
Photography & crafting interests.
& we'll be at Disney the same time in September!!!

I have 2 boys instead of girls though.

Love the tins--what a great idea. I might have to copy that. My boys love to keep the streamer pieces, napkins, etc. too. (a bit like their mom).

Can't wait to read more.
Hi Sarah! to the thread! Glad to have you along for the ride!

I miss Dixie Landings. Still not sure why they allowed Port Orlenes to swallow poor Dixie up. Poor thing! We were looking at the pin lanyards the other night and both the girls have "DIxie Landings" pins. While we were there in 2001 one of the CMs told us what was happening and apparently none of the CMs were pleased about it either.

Where are you staying when you come down in September?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #75
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Great memory tins!! You did a great job!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: