Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #706
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Thanks Kim!

I hoped to get the next chapter done tonight but I have an appointment to get my nails done. Yes, I'm a girly-girl!
I need to do that. Mine are all starting to break and looking really rough lately. But I'm not a girly-girl. Haven't worn a dress since my sister got married 7 years ago.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #707
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

Subscribing. Can't wait to read more. Your girls are absolutely adorable.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #708
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
No, no, no, no, no!

2010 you have to come here to Vancouver for the Olympics!
Woops...My bad....Not in the know with the olympics
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #709
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
I need to do that. Mine are all starting to break and looking really rough lately. But I'm not a girly-girl. Haven't worn a dress since my sister got married 7 years ago.
I'm a dress girl! Funny thing is that I was a total tomboy until I had my kids. I was determined that Belle was going to be just like me. Bought the Little Tykes workbench for her and everything - you know what the little bugger did? She hung her necklaces from the pegs! So I gave in and sold it and bought her the dollhouse. And now I wear a dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Subscribing. Can't wait to read more. Your girls are absolutely adorable.
Thanks Tina! Glad to have you on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Woops...My bad....Not in the know with the olympics
I'll let you get away with it this time Sharky!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #710
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I preferred the Big Island. We went to Hilo, Kona on the Big Island and Lahaina (sp?) on Maui and then onto Waikiki. We were originally booked to go into Kauai as well but our itinerary changed.

Disney is up next.....or is it?
I would love to go to Kauai and I also heard Lanai is VERY NICE--not as touristy as the rest.

It better be!

Just kidding...I hope you get started on the fun stuff soon though!

Quote:
I'm a dress girl! Funny thing is that I was a total tomboy until I had my kids. I was determined that Belle was going to be just like me. Bought the Little Tykes workbench for her and everything - you know what the little bugger did? She hung her necklaces from the pegs! So I gave in and sold it and bought her the dollhouse. And now I wear a dress!
That is SO SO funny!!!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #711
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Belle was a funny little kid! She still is!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #712
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

You guys are so funny!!! I've just been lurking and reading in the shadows the last little bit LOL!!! Sarah, your girls are so stinkin adorable!!!! I so want to have a little girl for all the dresses, dolls and pink stuff LOL
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #713
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

The Trip Chapter 2 - The Next Day

I don't think I slept at all in the Bate's motel last night. Not a single wink. I kept waiting for the masked man with the chainsaw to burst through the door.....

And I was also a little afraid we'd sleep in and miss our early morning flight!

Well, with good reason too. As you already know the motel was in less then stellar condition and when we arrived the clock radio was not set to the right time so we didn't know if it was in fact working. We set it and crossed our fingers!

Okay, so we set HG's cell phone alarm too.

I tend to be a worrier in case you hadn't noticed!

The one thing that I thought this motel (and I struggle to even call it that for I fear it was more a "rent a room by the hour" kind of place) was that they would let us leave the truck there while we were away thus saving us the frightening parking fees at the airport. I just crossed my fingers as we were told we had to move it over by the back door at the Chinese food place next door. Please don't let anyone steal Moosey!

Yes, my truck has a name and her name is Moosey. And yes, she's a girl.

Our flight was at 8:40am and the scary hotel was only about 15 mins away and yet we were told by the freaky guy at the front desk that we would have to be on the 6am shuttle. Um okay. But why? Because we were told if we weren't then they wouldn't take us to the airport.

Okay then. See you at 6am!

At 6:10am there we were at the airport. Ready to go. With no plane anywhere in sight.

What to do with 2 kids who are wound up tighter then a drum at some un-earthly hour of the morning? You feed them!

My tummy wasn't feeling so good. Still on antibiotics so I wrote it off to that and scurried around and got the family fed and made sure we had snacks and water for the plane ride. Doing all the good things that mommies do before strapping our kids into a metal tube and then shoot them up in the air and hope the thing stays there.

Ya, still not a fan of flying.

Time passes and it is almost time to board. One last trip to the bathroom for the kids. "But mommy, I don't have to go" "Tough, you're going". Ya, mean mommy comes out again because the only thing I am more afraid of then planes is plane bathrooms!

Back into the A line where HG had held our place and I sent him to the bathroom. Yep, he's not allowed to pee on the plane either.

Then it was finally time. Time to board.

They scanned our boarding passes and we made the long walk down the gangway to the plane. I'm breathing harder then I should be at this point and trying not to freak out. Keep it together here.

Then I saw the plane. Oh no! I am really going to have to do this!

Touch the plane. Touch the outside. I saw on a tv show once that some random celebrity was afraid to fly so she touched the outside of the plane before she got on it and that made her feel better. I have no idea now who it was and it doesn't matter but I followed her lead and touched the plane. I made the kids touch it too! They thought it was cool. I did it to keep the plane in the air!

Okay, we got on and found 3 seats on one side and one on the other side of the isle.

Got everyone strapped and in and I took this pic!

Awwww.....don't they look calm and happy? Just wait for it.....

The rest of the people filed on and stowed their luggage somewhere. I always wonder how many of the people who fly can read because I am fairly certain that it is clearly marked everywhere that the limit for carry-ons is 1 plus 1 small personal item and yet most people walk on with a suitcase, a laptop bag, a backpack, a shopping bag, a purse and some large object wrapped in brown paper. Just an observation, that's all.

Anyways, back to the story.

Everyone is on and the luggage has been stowed. The doors have been closed and we push back from the gate.

So far, so good right?

Wait for it.....

The captain comes on and welcomes us onboard and lets us know that our flight time to Salt Lake City will be 1 hour and 55 mins.

Did you catch that?

Salt Lake City!

We're going to Albuquerque!

Wait!!!

I said WAIT!!!!

WE'RE ON THE WRONG PLANE!!!!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #714
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

OMG YOU'RE ON THE WRONG PLANE!!!!!

That's kind of funny...and nerve wracking at the same time. Not to laugh at your dilemma or anything.

You MUST POST ANOTHER UPDATE TONIGHT!! You can't leave us hangin like this!!!

And Bates motel and a chainsaw...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #715
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Oh, that is just wrong!! You can't leave us hanging like that - not with you on the wrong plane!!! How in the world did that happen?? I'm assuming you eventually got on the correct plane - or at least got to your original destination. You did say you were back!! Here's hoping you didn't spend your Disney trip in the Bate's Motel!!

Michelle
Old 10-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #716
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

No wait...
How is that even possible?!?!?
Hello!!! Homeland Security people!
Okay... so mean border crossing Nazi won't let you bring chocolate chip cookies into this country (which is just wrong because Americans LOVE them ) but they will let you get on the wrong plane?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1995 View Post
You guys are so funny!!! I've just been lurking and reading in the shadows the last little bit LOL!!! Sarah, your girls are so stinkin adorable!!!! I so want to have a little girl for all the dresses, dolls and pink stuff LOL
I just had to say that the very definition of adorable is in your siggie! Every time you post, that picture makes me smile! OMG.... soooo cute!!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #717
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Surely the captain is trying to be funny; and isn't.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #718
disney_fan_fam
It's 'Ohana not O'Hana....that's all. :)

Aloha!

I'm just loving your TR! Count me in
Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #719
meriann
Mouseketeer

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

were you REALLY on the wrong plane????? Sarah darling, ONLY YOU!!!!

(unless the capitan was trying to freak you out and now your freaking us out?)

Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #720
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

What is up with your luck?!?!

Goodness, I hope this all gets figured out!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: