Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #691
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Woa - My trippie went on a ride from the pre-trip board over to here!

I'm new to this board - be kind!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #692
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Woa - My trippie went on a ride from the pre-trip board over to here!

I'm new to this board - be kind!

It means you are now all grown up.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #693
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
It means you are now all grown up.
All grown up? Me? Never!

Maybe my thread is though!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #694
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Trip Chapter 1 - The Beginning

The alarm went off painfully early on September 13th. Normally I hit the snooze button more times then I care to admit but for some reason I bounded out of bed on the first buzz this morning.

Any guesses as to why?

Oh ya! I'm going to Disneyworld today!!

Flew into the shower and then got the girls up and dressed for school. I got my uniform on and consulted with HG about a secret plan. I was only working until noon today much to my boss's dismay so why don't I swing by the school and pick the kids up on my way home? That way we can get across the border before the lines get crazy. Okay, plan approved!

Work was painful to say the least. Having to actually work on the day you are leaving on vacation is a bad idea no matter how you look at it. I eventually made it to noon and high tailed it out of there and went and picked up the kids and their homework and then we headed home to do the last minute packing. I figured we could be on the road by 1:30 or 2:00 at the lastest.

Wrong. Apparently we had more "last minute packing" to do then I thought.

Finally loaded all the suitcases into the truck and eventually hit the road by 3:15. Oh well, better then if we had waited until the kids were out of school to leave.

Here we are just about to shut the trunk and head out. Okay, by "we" I mean "them". Someone had to take the picture!

Where was I? Oh ya - we're now finally in the car. Tuned the radio to the news station so we could hear what the border line ups were like. We have one that is reasonably close to us and we like the American guards there. They are nice unlike the ones at the other crossing. Then the traffic comes on. Crud. There is a 2 hour line up at "our" crossing and only 20 mins at the other one. Oh well, we headed east to go to the other one.

There is one particually nasty guard at that one but what are the chances that not only will he be working but that we'll get in his line up?

Apparently they are pretty good because yep, we got him.

Once he gave us crap about 2 cookies we were taking across the border. Wanted to know the ingredients and wasn't too kind in asking. HG was shocked and wasn't sure how to answer and kind of stumbled which made it worse. I think he was about to cry when I stepped in and explained that they were chocolate chip ones that were bought from a store and I wasn't sure about the exact ingredients. He quizzed us for awhile longer and finally let us through. Needless to say, we don't like him very much.

So this time we were less then thrilled to get him. I don't think I have ever gotten the same guy twice and when I do, it had to be him didn't it?

Once again we were given the third degree and came dangerous close to a body cavity search! Next time we are heading to the nice border no matter how big the lines are!

At least now we are finally in the same country as Disneyworld!

Drove for about an hour and then decided to stop for dinner. We were hungry and figured if we stopped then by the time we hit Seattle rush hour would be over. Rush hour in Seattle is ugly. Vancuver is bad too but Seattle is worse!

Went into Olive Garden and chowed down and then back on the road. Next stop - Seattle!

Here is where things got a little tricky!

We didn't make hotel reservations because we couldn't remember the name of the hotel we always stay at and besides, we've never made ressies before and have never had a problem. Surely we wouldn't have trouble on a Thursday night in September.

Wrong!

At first we couldn't find our hotel and then we realized that the fancy new road around the airport was going straight through where our hotel should have been! Uh oh! Oh well, there are tonnes of other ones, we'll just stay somewhere else.

First hotel - no room for you!

Second hotel - no room for you!

Third hotel - no room for you!

Fourth hotel - no room for you!

Fifth hotel - no room for you!

Are you noticing a pattern here? Seems every cruise ship known to mankind was leaving Seattle in the morning so every hotel room was booked tonight!

The kids are tired and are panicing and crying. HG is mad and so driving like a mad man and I am trying to keep things light and airy "We'll find somewhere, its okay. Really it is." Of course even I wasn't buying it.

After another hour or so of checking hotels we finally found a very old motel in a less then desirable area of town that had a room for us. I have no idea what we ended up paying for it and it didn't really matter. All I needed was a place to lay down for a couple of hours - we were leaving at 7am the next morning.

Got up the scary, broken stairs without hurting ourselves and swung open the door to the room. Nearly passed out from the smell. I am pretty sure someone had died in there at some point.

"Its fine everyone. We'll just turn the air conditioning on and it will be fine in a couple of minutes"

I think I was trying to convince myself of this just as much as them.

The girls went into the bathroom and there was a large hole in the wall! They were to scared to "go" in there. Tough. You have to pee! Mean mommy came out and made them go in there before bed.

Finally got them tucked in and then pulled back the sheets to get into my bed.

YUCK!!! ICK!!!!! I AM NOT SLEEPING IN THAT!!!!

Let's just say the sheets had not been cleaned since the last people used the room and from the looks of things they enjoyed the hotel way more then we were.

Time to sleep in my clothes on top of the covers. No way I was getting in there and the kids were asleep and there was no where else for us to stay.

I layed there all night praying to fall asleep and hoping this was some sort of bad dream.

After all this was not the way our dream vacation was supposed to start!

Mickey take me away! Please!
Love the picture you took of your DH and DD's in the car.

OH MY GOSH! To start your Disney vacation that way...the horror! I'm so glad it was only for a few hours. I had a hotel experience like that in 1992...when we evacuated for Hurricane Andrew. We drove and drove, and made it to Arkansas where EVERY hotel was booked. Finally found the most disgusting motel ever! We had brought our own blankets, thankfully...and slept on top of it on the beds. I remember the bottom of my feet being completely black just from walking from the bed to the bathroom. EWWW...

Quote:
I may do another installment later today. I have to wrap my brain around this a bit. I don't want to do it too quickly because once the trip report is done then the vacation is offically over.

Plus I'm lazy!!!

I guess I should get this moved over to the trip report board. Seems strange doing that. The pre-trip board has been "home" for so long.
I understand...it was sad when my trip was over, and I will be sad again when my TR ends.

Quote:
Waving hi to Annie!

I didn't blame them for not wanting to go either but they had to! It was either go there or in the parking lot!

I would love to go back next year but we'd have to go on a school holiday and the crowds scare me then.

6 years was a long time between Disneyworld trips but we had several to Disneyland in there. We have friends in LA and it is on the right side of the continent for us so makes it a lot easier to get there.

I am hoping for Hawaii next year but we'll have to see. We spent 3 weeks there a couple of years ago and loved it. Who knows.
I went to Waikiki for my honeymoon. Would have LOVED to have stayed in Hawaii longer and island hopped. We just didn't have enough time (or money)

Quote:
Getting a little competitive about which side of the country is best are we Declansdad?

I was too horrified at the time to take pictures of the hotel but now I wish that I had. Makes for a great story but at the time I was just hoping I wouldn't catch something!

I love Disneyland. It is much smalled the Disneyworld but it has a cozy feeling to it. And I love that it is the original. But you certainly couldn't spend 7+ days there just at the park.

Hawaii was amazing. We actually cruised there from Vancouver and then island hopped in the ship. After we disembarked we had a week in Waikiki. Waikiki wasn't my favourite place but we rented a car and did lots of day trips out to the North Shore to see the waves and to the Dole Plantation, etc.
We rented a car for one day and did Dole and went to the North Shore. The other days we had a luau, a dinner cruise, and toured Punchbowl. The beach was nice there. How would you compare the big island to Oahu? Did you visit all the islands?

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #695
Sooze
DIS Veteran

You know, I was watching a news special about how our borders with Canada are mostly unguarded... you could've just driven out to the country and crossed the border out in the middle of nowhere.... then you could eat all the chocolate chip cookies you wanted while you crossed!

How horribly disgusting about your hotel room!! I can't wait to see if the magic was waiting for you the next day!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #696
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

What a mean guard, whaddya mean you can't take cookies? That's nuts! Too bad about the hotel but I was laughing Gross on the bedding!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Old 10-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #697
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Let's hope you got the worst part of the trip over with that hotel and now on to the fun of Disney!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #698
IrishTinkerbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey there! I'm glad you had a good time too! We did meet a lot of Dis'ers. Way more then I thought we would. Had a lot of lurkers come up and say hi which was neat!

So all you lurkers - come out and say hi! Yes, I am talking to you Irishtinkerbell!!!!
OK Sarah no more lurking promise it was such a nice surprise to see you and your family. I was there with my niece ( 30 years old and her 1st visit to WDW) and when I saw you, I thought I know her from some where and I said OMG that's KindaKrazy, so after explaining to Bridget (my niece) how I knew who you were, she was a little but I told her all about Dis boards then she understood, anyway wanted to let you know it was great to meet the real Sarah, and your girls are SOOO cute, your a very nice looking family.

To all the other Dis'ers who love the POP, it was my first time staying there and I loved it I thought I saw the Dis party was on the 22nd, we were sitting at Petals, but since I was always just lurking was a little shy about just coming over, but now wished I did...next time I will

Sarah I am enjoying ready your trip report.. sorry to hear about the first night hotel but at least it happened before Disney, and you had something happy to think about while there. I will try not to be just a lurker with this report

Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #699
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Irishtinkerbell... I'm from MI too! I'm just transplanted here in NC!
No more lurking! It's much more fun out here!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #700
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
Love the picture you took of your DH and DD's in the car.

OH MY GOSH! To start your Disney vacation that way...the horror! I'm so glad it was only for a few hours. I had a hotel experience like that in 1992...when we evacuated for Hurricane Andrew. We drove and drove, and made it to Arkansas where EVERY hotel was booked. Finally found the most disgusting motel ever! We had brought our own blankets, thankfully...and slept on top of it on the beds. I remember the bottom of my feet being completely black just from walking from the bed to the bathroom. EWWW...

I understand...it was sad when my trip was over, and I will be sad again when my TR ends.

I went to Waikiki for my honeymoon. Would have LOVED to have stayed in Hawaii longer and island hopped. We just didn't have enough time (or money)

We rented a car for one day and did Dole and went to the North Shore. The other days we had a luau, a dinner cruise, and toured Punchbowl. The beach was nice there. How would you compare the big island to Oahu? Did you visit all the islands?
I preferred the Big Island. We went to Hilo, Kona on the Big Island and Lahaina (sp?) on Maui and then onto Waikiki. We were originally booked to go into Kauai as well but our itinerary changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
You know, I was watching a news special about how our borders with Canada are mostly unguarded... you could've just driven out to the country and crossed the border out in the middle of nowhere.... then you could eat all the chocolate chip cookies you wanted while you crossed!

How horribly disgusting about your hotel room!! I can't wait to see if the magic was waiting for you the next day!
They are certainly guarded around these parts - by mean men on power trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
What a mean guard, whaddya mean you can't take cookies? That's nuts! Too bad about the hotel but I was laughing Gross on the bedding!
Next time I'm just not going to tell him I have cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Let's hope you got the worst part of the trip over with that hotel and now on to the fun of Disney!
Disney is up next.....or is it?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #701
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTinkerbell View Post
OK Sarah no more lurking promise it was such a nice surprise to see you and your family. I was there with my niece ( 30 years old and her 1st visit to WDW) and when I saw you, I thought I know her from some where and I said OMG that's KindaKrazy, so after explaining to Bridget (my niece) how I knew who you were, she was a little but I told her all about Dis boards then she understood, anyway wanted to let you know it was great to meet the real Sarah, and your girls are SOOO cute, your a very nice looking family.

To all the other Dis'ers who love the POP, it was my first time staying there and I loved it I thought I saw the Dis party was on the 22nd, we were sitting at Petals, but since I was always just lurking was a little shy about just coming over, but now wished I did...next time I will

Sarah I am enjoying ready your trip report.. sorry to hear about the first night hotel but at least it happened before Disney, and you had something happy to think about while there. I will try not to be just a lurker with this report
Hey! There you are!!

Nothing like calling you out by name, eh?

It was so nice to meet you at Crystal Palace that night. It was our last night and were heading out to watch Wishes one last time and then head to the Glow Party. You should have come over and joined us! We had a great time thanks the Keliblue's hard work planning it all!

It is hard to explain to people about the Dis obsession! HG thought I was nuts at first and then totally got into the whole Dis sighting thing once we got there and was handing out my cards left, right and centre! I think I have converted him to the Dis-side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Irishtinkerbell... I'm from MI too! I'm just transplanted here in NC!
No more lurking! It's much more fun out here!!
Buzz is right - more fun to come out and join in the banter!

Besides, know you "know" us! No need to lurk anymore!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #702
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Ewww to the hotel room. So grossed out. Seriously the kids are adorable.

cannot wait for another chapter!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #703
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
Ewww to the hotel room. So grossed out. Seriously the kids are adorable.

cannot wait for another chapter!!!
Thanks Kim!

I hoped to get the next chapter done tonight but I have an appointment to get my nails done. Yes, I'm a girly-girl!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #704
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Thanks Michelle! Maybe there will be more tomorrow. Maybe!

California Adventure is nice but not as "Disney" as the other one. Completely California themed and the rides are like crazy mouse, giant swings, etc. More like typical amusement park type rides. We really like it but it doesn't scream "mickey mouse".

You can do both parks in 4-5 days easy. Then go to the beach!
Cool....Looks like I got a new trip to plan!!

I am thinking 2010........

Have a trip in Oct 2008 and then really need to work on getting an addtion for our house, to have to put off another trip after that for 2 years
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #705
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Cool....Looks like I got a new trip to plan!!

I am thinking 2010........

Have a trip in Oct 2008 and then really need to work on getting an addtion for our house, to have to put off another trip after that for 2 years
No, no, no, no, no!

2010 you have to come here to Vancouver for the Olympics!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: