Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #676
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Sounds like a Plan

So, what is next?? Can You tell I am bored....I need something to read....
I may do another installment later today. I have to wrap my brain around this a bit. I don't want to do it too quickly because once the trip report is done then the vacation is offically over.

Plus I'm lazy!!!

I guess I should get this moved over to the trip report board. Seems strange doing that. The pre-trip board has been "home" for so long.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #677
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I may do another installment later today. I have to wrap my brain around this a bit. I don't want to do it too quickly because once the trip report is done then the vacation is offically over.

Plus I'm lazy!!!

I guess I should get this moved over to the trip report board. Seems strange doing that. The pre-trip board has been "home" for so long.
I totally understand

But once it is done, time to plan the next trip and start this process all over again.

It is an endless cycle

Guess time is here for moving on up............to the Trip Reports
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #678
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Yay! You got started!

I have to tell you ... I was secretly very worried you didn't have hotel ressies for Seattle! My DH would have a stroke if we left for somewhere without ressie's - I guess he's rubbed off on me!

Anyway... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you got a little sleep, that the room didn't get any worse (i.e. crawly things ) and that you were soon on your way to see the mouse!

Old 09-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #679
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally understand

But once it is done, time to plan the next trip and start this process all over again.

It is an endless cycle

Guess time is here for moving on up............to the Trip Reports
Ya but I have no idea when we'll be able to go there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Yay! You got started!

I have to tell you ... I was secretly very worried you didn't have hotel ressies for Seattle! My DH would have a stroke if we left for somewhere without ressie's - I guess he's rubbed off on me!

Anyway... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you got a little sleep, that the room didn't get any worse (i.e. crawly things ) and that you were soon on your way to see the mouse!

It was making me nervous too but HG only wanted to stay at "our" hotel and neither of us could remember the name of it and we couldn't find it on the internet - I guess because it was gone!

We've never had ressies before and have never had trouble finding a room - even on a weekend in the middle of summer.

Darn cruise ships!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #680
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

What a rough start-- hope things get better real soon!! we did have a experiance similar to yours regarding the YUKKIE hotel room-- it will be in our TR! I used a whole can of lysol on our beds everywhere we stayed....not to mention on the door knobs, remotes, light switches, faucets etc Cant help it -- I get a little freaked out about sleeping where Thousands of other people have stayed
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:56 PM   #681
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
What a rough start-- hope things get better real soon!! we did have a experiance similar to yours regarding the YUKKIE hotel room-- it will be in our TR! I used a whole can of lysol on our beds everywhere we stayed....not to mention on the door knobs, remotes, light switches, faucets etc Cant help it -- I get a little freaked out about sleeping where Thousands of other people have stayed
Oh Yeah Farrah! That makes me feel so much better to know we weren't the only ones with a yucky hotel room on our trip!

Sorry but YEAY!!!!!!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #682
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Awwww man, I almost missed your update. What the heck happened?? I didn't get a email from the disboards, oh well better late for me then never!!! What a rocky start to your trip!!!! Yuck on the hotel I don't blame your girls for not wanting to go in the bathroom . Can't wait for more!!!! Bring it on!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #683
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Ya but I have no idea when we'll be able to go there again.

It was making me nervous too but HG only wanted to stay at "our" hotel and neither of us could remember the name of it and we couldn't find it on the internet - I guess because it was gone!

We've never had ressies before and have never had trouble finding a room - even on a weekend in the middle of summer.

Darn cruise ships!
Just looking at your list of trips....6 years is a long time to wait...can't do that again.

I say pick a date and a year and run with it...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #684
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1995 View Post
Awwww man, I almost missed your update. What the heck happened?? I didn't get a email from the disboards, oh well better late for me then never!!! What a rocky start to your trip!!!! Yuck on the hotel I don't blame your girls for not wanting to go in the bathroom . Can't wait for more!!!! Bring it on!!!

Waving hi to Annie!

I didn't blame them for not wanting to go either but they had to! It was either go there or in the parking lot!

Quote:
Just looking at your list of trips....6 years is a long time to wait...can't do that again.

I say pick a date and a year and run with it...
I would love to go back next year but we'd have to go on a school holiday and the crowds scare me then.

6 years was a long time between Disneyworld trips but we had several to Disneyland in there. We have friends in LA and it is on the right side of the continent for us so makes it a lot easier to get there.

I am hoping for Hawaii next year but we'll have to see. We spent 3 weeks there a couple of years ago and loved it. Who knows.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #685
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Time to come back here then! I recommend Vancouver!

No way, the east coast is where you want to be.

That was some start. Sounds like a lovely hotel, I can't understand why you didn't take pictures.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #686
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Waving hi to Annie!

I didn't blame them for not wanting to go either but they had to! It was either go there or in the parking lot!

I would love to go back next year but we'd have to go on a school holiday and the crowds scare me then.

6 years was a long time between Disneyworld trips but we had several to Disneyland in there. We have friends in LA and it is on the right side of the continent for us so makes it a lot easier to get there.

I am hoping for Hawaii next year but we'll have to see. We spent 3 weeks there a couple of years ago and loved it. Who knows.
Don't blame ya there...school holidays are super crowded and summers are hot....

Hawaii sounds nice. Never been

I would love to go to DL in a couple of years to just see the difference betweein it and the World
Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #687
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
No way, the east coast is where you want to be.

That was some start. Sounds like a lovely hotel, I can't understand why you didn't take pictures.
Getting a little competitive about which side of the country is best are we Declansdad?

I was too horrified at the time to take pictures of the hotel but now I wish that I had. Makes for a great story but at the time I was just hoping I wouldn't catch something!

Quote:
Don't blame ya there...school holidays are super crowded and summers are hot....

Hawaii sounds nice. Never been

I would love to go to DL in a couple of years to just see the difference betweein it and the World
I love Disneyland. It is much smalled the Disneyworld but it has a cozy feeling to it. And I love that it is the original. But you certainly couldn't spend 7+ days there just at the park.

Hawaii was amazing. We actually cruised there from Vancouver and then island hopped in the ship. After we disembarked we had a week in Waikiki. Waikiki wasn't my favourite place but we rented a car and did lots of day trips out to the North Shore to see the waves and to the Dole Plantation, etc.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 09-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #688
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!! What a horribly disgusting way to start your vacation!! I certainly hope it gets better for you!

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #689
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
G

I love Disneyland. It is much smalled the Disneyworld but it has a cozy feeling to it. And I love that it is the original. But you certainly couldn't spend 7+ days there just at the park.

Hawaii was amazing. We actually cruised there from Vancouver and then island hopped in the ship. After we disembarked we had a week in Waikiki. Waikiki wasn't my favourite place but we rented a car and did lots of day trips out to the North Shore to see the waves and to the Dole Plantation, etc.
I hope to get there in a few years and maybe spend like 4 -5 days there at most since it is so small. Did you go to California adventure, too? What was that like?

Your trip to Hawaii sounds so cool...

So, you ready for your update??
Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #690
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
Oh no!!! What a horribly disgusting way to start your vacation!! I certainly hope it gets better for you!

Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks Michelle! Maybe there will be more tomorrow. Maybe!

Quote:
I hope to get there in a few years and maybe spend like 4 -5 days there at most since it is so small. Did you go to California adventure, too? What was that like?

Your trip to Hawaii sounds so cool...

So, you ready for your update??
California Adventure is nice but not as "Disney" as the other one. Completely California themed and the rides are like crazy mouse, giant swings, etc. More like typical amusement park type rides. We really like it but it doesn't scream "mickey mouse".

You can do both parks in 4-5 days easy. Then go to the beach!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: