Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2007, 12:39 AM   #301
Lease
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code View Post
We picked these up today at a dollar store, thanks again for the idea! We may go back for more
We had to open one of the packages for umm testing (playing with the camera) and we are definitely going back for more. The even had glow leis which I am so going to have to go back for. We're going to be glow-tastic and making all the kiddies jealous. Well except yours as you have the glow sticks covered.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #302
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lease View Post
We had to open one of the packages for umm testing (playing with the camera) and we are definitely going back for more. The even had glow leis which I am so going to have to go back for. We're going to be glow-tastic and making all the kiddies jealous. Well except yours as you have the glow sticks covered.
You clearly have a better dollar store then I do! Glow leis would be so cool!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #303
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

HI! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Kids activities and $$. My boys both play travel baseball and it is crazy tha amount of $$ that costs.But we will do whatever we have to do...right?

I love the hippo story.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #304
bethb912
Mouse Lover

I am so jealous! I just so your picture with the Stanley Cup. We love hockey in our house and would love to see the Cup. Did it come near your home or were you out of town?

Beth

Getting ready for a second surprise Disney Trip & MNSSHP!

Check out my Pre-Trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post20371864

Old 08-26-2007, 03:08 AM   #305
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post

Hi Mike! Thanks for joining in on the fun here!
Glad to be here, thank you for the warm welcome

Quote:
I was so relieved to get the passport! I wouldn't have really left her behind but still - the thought had crossed my mind! Well, not really - well maybe just for a second!
Yes, the passport thing can be a real hassle. I have a friend who is going to England/France in November and her U.S. passport request had been bogged down for over 5 months and she kept calling and it was stuck at stage 3 of 5 and was showing no sign of moving forward. She ended up calling her congressman She got her passport the next afternoon though - lol!

Quote:
My surgery is next week. I couldn't be moved up because I was sick last week and the first part of this one so I am stuck with the date. Oh well. Not anything I can do about it now.
Well you gotta do what's best for your health, and you certainly couldn't chance going into surgery with any sickie ickies Here's some good mojo for the procedure

Quote:
Someone who feels my pain about childen's activities! I love the kids but they are expensive little creatures! Wouldn't change it for anything though!
Oh yes indeed ...and at this point we'd just hoping they've settled on something so we wouldn't have to keep buying new uniforms and equipment and such But they're enjoying themselves and keeping active, and that counts for so much.

Quote:
Another computer geek! My DH will be happy to read that someone else is dissing my Mac!

I see you are another west-coaster! When is your trip planned for? We are driving down from Vancouver and flying out of Seattle. Once I get on that plane I just want to be there but it takes so long......
Hehehe, well I work at a college in IT and the adage is "MACs are just fine, just keep them off of my network" ;-] Yup, northwesterner and wouldn't have it any other way.

We're flying out the second week of January and for once don't have a long drive to the airport, having found decent airfare taking off from the next town over Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P

Quote:
Glad to have you on board here Mike! Keep posting and jump in on the fun!
Thanks again! I've had a busy couple of days, but I'll certainly partake of any and all things fun
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #306
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
HI! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
Kids activities and $$. My boys both play travel baseball and it is crazy tha amount of $$ that costs.But we will do whatever we have to do...right?

I love the hippo story.
Thanks! At least with dance they wear the same thing every year except when it comes to costumes. Now that's a scary time of year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethb912 View Post
I am so jealous! I just so your picture with the Stanley Cup. We love hockey in our house and would love to see the Cup. Did it come near your home or were you out of town?

Beth
The picture of the cup was taken last summer. Carolina had won it and someone from our little hometown was on the team so he got to bring it home! It was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Glad to be here, thank you for the warm welcome

Yes, the passport thing can be a real hassle. I have a friend who is going to England/France in November and her U.S. passport request had been bogged down for over 5 months and she kept calling and it was stuck at stage 3 of 5 and was showing no sign of moving forward. She ended up calling her congressman She got her passport the next afternoon though - lol!

Well you gotta do what's best for your health, and you certainly couldn't chance going into surgery with any sickie ickies Here's some good mojo for the procedure

Oh yes indeed ...and at this point we'd just hoping they've settled on something so we wouldn't have to keep buying new uniforms and equipment and such But they're enjoying themselves and keeping active, and that counts for so much.

Hehehe, well I work at a college in IT and the adage is "MACs are just fine, just keep them off of my network" ;-] Yup, northwesterner and wouldn't have it any other way.

We're flying out the second week of January and for once don't have a long drive to the airport, having found decent airfare taking off from the next town over Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P

Thanks again! I've had a busy couple of days, but I'll certainly partake of any and all things fun
I've had to call about the passports going "but we leave in 2 days!" and they were really good about getting them to us. It really wasn't too big of a deal but I was still panicing.

Lucky flying out close to home. We just can't justify the cost because it is an international flight from here. If we fly out from south of the border - it is literally 1/4 of the cost.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Talk to you soon!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #307
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am getting very excited! More so then the kids I think.

But I do have this surgery on Tuesday that is hanging over my head like some sort of dark cloud.

I'll be os glad to get it over with so I can focus on all things Disney!
I am sure it will all go well!

Quote:
Chapter 14 - Hippo Hippo!

Am I on chapter 14 or 15? I can't remember. Can't remember much these days! Must be getting old.....

Oh well. I am going to call it 14!

A little background......

When Belle was little HG (that's Handsome Genius for those who may not have read the first page also known as my husband!) and I thought it would be fun to conduct a little experiment with brain washing (yes, we were that evil) on our little girl.

From the time she was very little when we were teaching her that dogs say "woof" and cats say "meow" and cows say "moo" we also taught her that hippos say "hippo hippo". Thought we'd plant that little seed in there and see where it took us.

Well everything was going along great until her first day of preschool. Hugged her and kissed her and told her that we loved her and had no idea that 4 years of careful brain washing was about to come completely undone in 2 hours.

When I went to pick her up from her very first day she came stomping out of her classroom mad as anything and yelled at me "Hippos don't say hippo hippo!".

All that work for nothing.

Anyways......

When Tink came along she was way too smart for that. She was on to us from the very first time we tried to tell her that.

But Tink is obsessed with hippos so maybe all our work wasn't for nothing. She has a stuffed hippo that she doesn't go anywhere without and knows all sorts of interesting hippo facts but had never in her memory seen a real live hippo. Of course she has seen one but not since she was a year old so fair enough - she wanted to see one.

On Thursday we went on a hippo party and headed south of the border to Seattle in search of hippos! Woodland Park Zoo here we come!

She had a ball and spent most of her time infront of the hippo pond yelling "HIPPO" at the top of her lungs! It was very cute and was exactly the kind of escape we needed.

Here come the hippos!

That's a cute story!
I've never seen a hippo that close! I would have been tempted to throw it some bubblegum balls. (that's what they looked like in the game)

Quote:
Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P
I couldn't agree more!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 08-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #308
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
That's a cute story!
I've never seen a hippo that close! I would have been tempted to throw it some bubblegum balls. (that's what they looked like in the game)

The trainers were throwing them apples when they'd open up but like that! It was so cute - they'd beg for the apples!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #309
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The trainers were throwing them apples when they'd open up but like that! It was so cute - they'd beg for the apples!
That would have been cool to see :-] We saw several of them at the Oregon Zoo in Portland - it was really cool seeing something that big swimming through the water :D
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #310
klbest
Mouseketeer

Sarah, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuseday! All will go well, then you can move on to all things Disney!!!

Ugh, talk to me about kids' activities....I've got two in dance and cheerleading and wanting to add gymnastics in the winter and DS plays inline hockey. The initial output ($) for hockey equipment was alot but hopefully he won't outgrow everything too quickly. Dance, yes, I agree, isn't so bad, until you get all of those recital expenses...costumes, t-shirts, dvd's, tickets...yikes!!!

(DH posts under our username sometimes too!)

September 1998 - CSP
September 1999 - POR
December 2005 - POR & AKL
December 2007 - POR

Me DH DS15 DD11 DD9
Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #311
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would have been cool to see :-] We saw several of them at the Oregon Zoo in Portland - it was really cool seeing something that big swimming through the water :D
They are pretty cool to watch - they are surprisingly graceful for something that huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klbest View Post
Sarah, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuseday! All will go well, then you can move on to all things Disney!!!

Ugh, talk to me about kids' activities....I've got two in dance and cheerleading and wanting to add gymnastics in the winter and DS plays inline hockey. The initial output ($) for hockey equipment was alot but hopefully he won't outgrow everything too quickly. Dance, yes, I agree, isn't so bad, until you get all of those recital expenses...costumes, t-shirts, dvd's, tickets...yikes!!!
Thanks Laurie. I think I am in denial about tomorrow and i plan on staying there as long as I can!

Thankfully (or maybe not depending on how you look at it) Belle can only do dance and no other activities because she does it 6 days a week for up to 5 hours a day so no room for any other activities! Tink doesn't do as much and she was figure skating as well but I think she wants to drop figure skating and add more dance.

For us its the competetion fees and costumes that kill us. Last year Belle had 13 numbers! Yikes! Anyone want to buy a kidney?

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #312
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Hope everything goes well tomorrow, Sarah!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #313
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Thanks Alicia!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #314
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 15 - Doing a dance!

OUR DOCS CAME!!!!!!

Oh, ya! Doing the doc dance!

Bananaman is joining in the party!

Guess we are really going now!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #315
bethb912
Mouse Lover

I got mine today too! I am so ready to go now!

Beth

Getting ready for a second surprise Disney Trip & MNSSHP!

Check out my Pre-Trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post20371864

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: