Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #271
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
LOL! I read your post (the guilt one) when I came here AFTER I posted!!! I was thinking "Now she'll think thats why I posted!" hahaha.

I almost bought a laptop JUST so I can get on the DIS while down there..now that would be bad...let's make this trip cost me another $1,000+. No thanks. I'll try and pop on next week from Disneyquest like I did last year.
ooh for shame! that's a lot of moola!

Quote:
So do I..TC is normally the voice of reason but he was actually egging me on!!!
shame on him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
this is hillarious!! I STILL haven't gotten my LGMH's yet!! I'm scared that a HD employee will scold me
me neither. I even asked my Dad to go get me some...and had to explain to him why....he gave me a funny look of course!
I will hopefully get mine this weekend when I'm in my "hometown" where I grew up

Quote:
you're so silly Cheri.
Don't I know it!!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #272
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
me neither. I even asked my Dad to go get me some...and had to explain to him why....he gave me a funny look of course!
I will hopefully get mine this weekend when I'm in my "hometown" where I grew up

Don't I know it!!
the "funny look" is what I'm afraid of also from my DH. But, he'll just have to deal 'cause I'm gonna get a few at least to put on my back pack and up in our room window!! After all this posting I wanna be reconized gosh darnit!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #273
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

WOW! I love the way one thread will lead to a comment by another DIS'er ...which will then lead to discovering another amazing aspect to the site! I saw you link and here I am

I have been going through LOTS of information including trip reports but hadn't seen any "pre-trip" reports before! So first of all, thank you very much for posting such good info about your planning process and all of the helpful tips that all of the DIS'ers on this thread have posted in response

Congrats on being so close to your vacation
I'm glad your daughter's passport came in, I'm sure that's a relief. Was your doctor able to move up your surgery any sooner ....or is that where you are right now? Either way, here's to a speedy recovery and you being on your feet and feeling good while you are at WDW

Great pictures and beautiful family :-] I have also been married to my DW for 13 years and have 2 daughters ...ages 8 and 11 (the 1/2's apparently aren't a big deal for them at the moment - lol). I know what you mean about the expense of kids activities ....my older girl was in gymnastics for 6 years, the last 3 competitively. She took a year off and has now come back and is doing cheerleading cometitively. My younger daughter just moved up into competitive gymnastics. Lots of time, energy, and money involved in it

I'm a computer geek and yes MACs are no fun for me, simply because they don't play nicely on a network and have very outdated security protocols ...I know, blah blah blah. They are GREAT stand alone graphics boxes though

I'm planning our first trip to WDW and am flying from Oregon, so I know what you mean by long plane rides - whew! We'll spend 12hrs in airports/in the air. The things we do to experience some Disney magic :D Keep the good info coming and have a fantastic day!!!

Mike
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #274
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone. Sorry I was missing for a couple of days. Long story that you don't want to hear!

Anyways, I am about to go get caught up here!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 08-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #275
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
Just stopping by to say Hi!!!
Hi LeeLee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klbest View Post
Good Morning, Sarah!!!

I was just wondering, when do your children start school? We start pretty late, 9/5, most schools have already started by then.

HOW MANY DAYS???
Hey there! The girls don't go back until Sept 4. We always go back the day after labor day. One week of holidays left. Makes me sad, I don't want to send them back to school. I love having them home with me.

Quote:
looks like you have just as many days as me to wait to get to WDW hoooray!!

now that I'm all caught up on my other threads and DDad's thread is quiet for once I'm gonna go and catch up with yours.
Hi Leger!

Quote:
your daughters are beautiful!! just had to say that since i finally read the first post in your pre-tr! That's so cool that your oldest has danced professionally already! Wow.
Thanks! I think it is pretty cool now except that after that experience she has decided that she wants to be a professional dancer when she grows up and that thought scares the bejeebers out of me!

Quote:
awww you had a Disneymoon too. My DH and I had our Disneymoon in 2003 and stayed at the beach club. Disneymoon's are the best!!

that's funny that you thought you were getting away with something when you were 6 months pregnant and getting on the "forbidden" rides maybe if you had 3 or 4 months pregnant you would've not been showing that much. At least they didn't put up a fight by not letting you get on the rides you wanted to! I think it's special that you took your oldest as an "only child" you will always have those memories with just her.

I noticed in other threads and yours too that you and your kids were sick (I believe that was you?)...so hopefully that's all over with now BEFORE your trip and you won't have another incedent like the last trip. Here's hoping **crosses fingers**
I know. It is funny me trying to "sneak" on rides! I thought I was being so sneaky too. Little did I realize just how ridiculous that was!

Ya, we're always sick when we go on holidays. I am hoping we get it all over with before we go. I am stocking up on vitamins and hand sanitizer!

Quote:
So do I..TC is normally the voice of reason but he was actually egging me on!!!
Glad I am not the only one with the shopping weakness!

Quote:
this is hillarious!! I STILL haven't gotten my LGMH's yet!! I'm scared that a HD employee will scold me
You have to go get some Leger! Its fun! I felt like I was on some sort of secret mission to save the Mickey heads! Now go get some and report back with your stash!

Quote:
for the Segway Tour!! My DH and I were thinking of doing this but instead we opted to tack on an extra day to the end of our trip which cost us the same if not a little more than the Segway Tour.
If it was a choice of Segway or an extra day - the extra day would win out no questions asked! I hope he likes it but part of me hopes he falls on his butt! Is that bad?

Quote:
awesome ADR's!! You will LOVE Garden Grill!! I LOVED to eat there as a child because of the character interaction. I still have the picture of me with Chip and Dale sitting at my table with me while I ate! I never let my grandmother take me anywhere else to eat at Epcot. It is so great!!

And Si-Fi is awesome too.

i love the story about your daughter and chip from the last trip. How he danced under the stars with her. I totally "awwwwed" out loud
I am so glad to hear about a good experience at Garden Grill. I keep hearing how bad it is and I was worried. You've made me feel much better about that one! Thanks!

Tink's night with Chip was so amazing. One of those moments that I can't even believe happened. It was like being in a dream. And of course HG missed it because he was back in the room with a very sick Belle. She came down with mumps on that trip. Who gets mumps anymore, especially in Disneyland? Anyways, I hope she has a happy reunion with her Chip!

Quote:
I LOVE the lunchboxes you made for your girls. What a great idea!!
Thanks! They were fun to make and the girls love them!

Quote:
that's a great idea. You've got me on google right now searching for some for me and DH...lime green of course!!
Just passing on my obsession to others! Glad to get you started on it!

Quote:
Great idea on the lysol. I just wish they made a travel size. Maybe I'll pack the lysol wipes instead if it proves to be smaller than the spray.

I found where the "dream princess" nick name came from. I was wondering how that origonated!
Yes, you found us out! HAhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
about the passport but I also saw in another update you did that she finally got it! so you don't have to leave Tink behind.

And about the surgery!! Hopefully everything goes well and you can keep your trip as scheduled.
Oh I'm going on the trip even if they have to haul me there in a body bag! I'm sure everything will go well and I'll be fine. At least I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
We've only eaten in 2 TS also! Cinderella's Royal Table for Breakfast & Marakesh. Long, long ago I ate at the British TS in England but it was the year Epcot opened & I don't really remember it. So we were thrilled when the free dining came around!

Won't we have fun eating at all the "new to us" places? We have an ADR at Tony's also. It's on an evening when we may not make our ADR & I wanted a place I wouldn't be sad to lose but still would be nice if we make it.

WDW, here we come! Crafts, empty bellies, and free spirits!
I know Esther - I am so excited about eating at all the TS places. It was always "I wish we could" on all the other trips but it was either eating there or souveniers so we didn't do it.

This time, its a whole other story!

Just hope my pants still fit when I get home!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM   #276
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
Go for it Cheri! And I want to see your LGMHPC collection after you've gotten them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
WOW! I love the way one thread will lead to a comment by another DIS'er ...which will then lead to discovering another amazing aspect to the site! I saw you link and here I am

I have been going through LOTS of information including trip reports but hadn't seen any "pre-trip" reports before! So first of all, thank you very much for posting such good info about your planning process and all of the helpful tips that all of the DIS'ers on this thread have posted in response

Congrats on being so close to your vacation
I'm glad your daughter's passport came in, I'm sure that's a relief. Was your doctor able to move up your surgery any sooner ....or is that where you are right now? Either way, here's to a speedy recovery and you being on your feet and feeling good while you are at WDW

Great pictures and beautiful family :-] I have also been married to my DW for 13 years and have 2 daughters ...ages 8 and 11 (the 1/2's apparently aren't a big deal for them at the moment - lol). I know what you mean about the expense of kids activities ....my older girl was in gymnastics for 6 years, the last 3 competitively. She took a year off and has now come back and is doing cheerleading cometitively. My younger daughter just moved up into competitive gymnastics. Lots of time, energy, and money involved in it

I'm a computer geek and yes MACs are no fun for me, simply because they don't play nicely on a network and have very outdated security protocols ...I know, blah blah blah. They are GREAT stand alone graphics boxes though

I'm planning our first trip to WDW and am flying from Oregon, so I know what you mean by long plane rides - whew! We'll spend 12hrs in airports/in the air. The things we do to experience some Disney magic :D Keep the good info coming and have a fantastic day!!!

Mike
Hi Mike! Thanks for joining in on the fun here!

I was so relieved to get the passport! I wouldn't have really left her behind but still - the thought had crossed my mind! Well, not really - well maybe just for a second!

My surgery is next week. I couldn't be moved up because I was sick last week and the first part of this one so I am stuck with the date. Oh well. Not anything I can do about it now.

Someone who feels my pain about childen's activities! I love the kids but they are expensive little creatures! Wouldn't change it for anything though!

Another computer geek! My DH will be happy to read that someone else is dissing my Mac!

I see you are another west-coaster! When is your trip planned for? We are driving down from Vancouver and flying out of Seattle. Once I get on that plane I just want to be there but it takes so long......

Glad to have you on board here Mike! Keep posting and jump in on the fun!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #277
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hey everyone. Sorry I was missing for a couple of days. Long story that you don't want to hear!

Anyways, I am about to go get caught up here!
I hope everything Is OK!!!!

We Missed you!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 08-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #278
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Thanks Disneydad. Everything will be fine by next week. I hope!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #279
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Me Too....

You Getting Excited about WDW yet!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 08-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #280
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I am getting very excited! More so then the kids I think.

But I do have this surgery on Tuesday that is hanging over my head like some sort of dark cloud.

I'll be os glad to get it over with so I can focus on all things Disney!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #281
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am getting very excited! More so then the kids I think.

But I do have this surgery on Tuesday that is hanging over my head like some sort of dark cloud.

I'll be os glad to get it over with so I can focus on all things Disney!
I hope the surgery goes well for you and you recover quickly! Keep thinking of Disney!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Old 08-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #282
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Keep us posted when you can okay
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 08-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #283
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
I hope the surgery goes well for you and you recover quickly! Keep thinking of Disney!
Thanks, I will be dreaming of Disney. I am planning on renting lots of Disney movies to watch in bed so I can keep my mind on happy things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
Hope you have a speedy recovery! Keep us posted when you can okay
Thanks Farrah. I will post (or get HG to post more likely) when I get home just so you guys know I am still alive and kicking!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #284
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 14 - Hippo Hippo!

Am I on chapter 14 or 15? I can't remember. Can't remember much these days! Must be getting old.....

Oh well. I am going to call it 14!

A little background......

When Belle was little HG (that's Handsome Genius for those who may not have read the first page also known as my husband!) and I thought it would be fun to conduct a little experiment with brain washing (yes, we were that evil) on our little girl.

From the time she was very little when we were teaching her that dogs say "woof" and cats say "meow" and cows say "moo" we also taught her that hippos say "hippo hippo". Thought we'd plant that little seed in there and see where it took us.

Well everything was going along great until her first day of preschool. Hugged her and kissed her and told her that we loved her and had no idea that 4 years of careful brain washing was about to come completely undone in 2 hours.

When I went to pick her up from her very first day she came stomping out of her classroom mad as anything and yelled at me "Hippos don't say hippo hippo!".

All that work for nothing.

Anyways......

When Tink came along she was way too smart for that. She was on to us from the very first time we tried to tell her that.

But Tink is obsessed with hippos so maybe all our work wasn't for nothing. She has a stuffed hippo that she doesn't go anywhere without and knows all sorts of interesting hippo facts but had never in her memory seen a real live hippo. Of course she has seen one but not since she was a year old so fair enough - she wanted to see one.

On Thursday we went on a hippo party and headed south of the border to Seattle in search of hippos! Woodland Park Zoo here we come!

She had a ball and spent most of her time infront of the hippo pond yelling "HIPPO" at the top of her lungs! It was very cute and was exactly the kind of escape we needed.

Here come the hippos!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #285
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chapter 14 - Hippo Hippo!

Am I on chapter 14 or 15? I can't remember. Can't remember much these days! Must be getting old.....

Oh well. I am going to call it 14!

A little background......

When Belle was little HG (that's Handsome Genius for those who may not have read the first page also known as my husband!) and I thought it would be fun to conduct a little experiment with brain washing (yes, we were that evil) on our little girl.

From the time she was very little when we were teaching her that dogs say "woof" and cats say "meow" and cows say "moo" we also taught her that hippos say "hippo hippo". Thought we'd plant that little seed in there and see where it took us.

Well everything was going along great until her first day of preschool. Hugged her and kissed her and told her that we loved her and had no idea that 4 years of careful brain washing was about to come completely undone in 2 hours.

When I went to pick her up from her very first day she came stomping out of her classroom mad as anything and yelled at me "Hippos don't say hippo hippo!".

All that work for nothing.

Anyways......

When Tink came along she was way too smart for that. She was on to us from the very first time we tried to tell her that.

But Tink is obsessed with hippos so maybe all our work wasn't for nothing. She has a stuffed hippo that she doesn't go anywhere without and knows all sorts of interesting hippo facts but had never in her memory seen a real live hippo. Of course she has seen one but not since she was a year old so fair enough - she wanted to see one.

On Thursday we went on a hippo party and headed south of the border to Seattle in search of hippos! Woodland Park Zoo here we come!

She had a ball and spent most of her time infront of the hippo pond yelling "HIPPO" at the top of her lungs! It was very cute and was exactly the kind of escape we needed.

Here come the hippos!

I love the pic of the 2 of you! Dh showed me a clip of Jessica the hippo on youtube, totally cute, you should check it out!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: