Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #2176
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmu View Post
Glad I'm alone right now because REAL tears are falling down my cheeks.
This was precious and it touched my heart.
Shows the type of character you and your DH are instilling into your little girls.
God's way of showing us they are doing OK.
Oh Sarah, I too am all teary eyed just thinking about the kind of values you are teaching your girls! It just makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. There aren't a lot of Mom's like you who teach their girls those special values and morals like the ones you have!!!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 06-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #2177
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hey Mustard! Nice to see you!

I know several people who have done the chinese characters with the kids names. I think it is very cool and an excellent solution to the "nothing with my name" problem!

It was one of those "she really does love her" moments that I will never forget.
Glad to find those little moments to check in with my DISbuds! Ahhh, so I'm not the only one to do the Chinese character thing - cool that there are some things we can do for our uniquely-named wee ones :D

I'm sure you will remember it always - such a warm, loving moment between the two of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Hey Sarah....

Just wanted to wish you a.......

Hope yours is great!!!

Disneydad

Here here! Happy Belated B-Day to you Sarah!

Oh, and I officially beat you TR-wise ...just have final thoughts left to do. Stop on by if you have a sec
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #2178
12kizuna
Mouseketeer

Hello, just a lurker here!

I just wanted to write a note saying that this is one of the most enjoyable TRs I've read! I love the pictures and it's getting me excited for my own trip
Please keep it up! I'll be reading!

(and your family is beautiful!)
Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #2179
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:

Those pictures are wonderful! My sister and I have always gotten along but I have heard of some people who have a terrible relationship with their siblings. Glad your girls aren't like that!

Old 06-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #2180
mom2disprincesses
Mouseketeer

HI stumbled upon your TR and read all your chapters courtesy of your convenient links! I enjoyed reading it and must say you have a beautiful family. I have 2 DD's of my own so reading your last chapter made me tear up! I hope my DD's will be like that one day (they are 3 and 16 months now). you can really see the joy on tinks face! priceless. I'm looking forward to reading more

Old 06-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #2181
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1995 View Post
I agree that Disney brings out the best in people! What a very sweet thing that Belle did!!! Will you be giving clues as to when you are going closer to the day?? Do the kids know? We are going August 29-September 7 this year. Staying at Pop again and planning on attending the glow party this time around
Hey Annie, I am not sure about revealing the details.....so much is still up in the air that I am trying to not get excited about it. The kids don't know.....too much going on between now and then.....when is the Glow Party this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Jeeeesh! That story about your girls! Just shows what a good mommy they have.
Thanks Goofyluver!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 06-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #2182
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Glad to find those little moments to check in with my DISbuds! Ahhh, so I'm not the only one to do the Chinese character thing - cool that there are some things we can do for our uniquely-named wee ones :D

I'm sure you will remember it always - such a warm, loving moment between the two of them

Here here! Happy Belated B-Day to you Sarah!

Oh, and I officially beat you TR-wise ...just have final thoughts left to do. Stop on by if you have a sec
Thanks Mike. Yes, you beat me by a long shot! I am going to try to have the next chapter up some time today. No promises but I am going to try! I haven't been online for awhile but I'll try to pop by your thread in a bit.....need to get the kids moving towards school soon.....a week left and we are all dragging....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12kizuna View Post
Hello, just a lurker here!

I just wanted to write a note saying that this is one of the most enjoyable TRs I've read! I love the pictures and it's getting me excited for my own trip
Please keep it up! I'll be reading!

(and your family is beautiful!)
Thank you so much kizuna! So nice to hear that you have been enjoying my trip report. I have been enjoying reliving it! The next chapter should be up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Those pictures are wonderful! My sister and I have always gotten along but I have heard of some people who have a terrible relationship with their siblings. Glad your girls aren't like that!
Thank you so much. I loved the way the pics turned out. Really captured the moment I think. It is nice to hear of someone who gets along with their sister, seems I hear so many stories of sisters who don't get along. I am an only child so the whole sibling dynamic is a new thing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2disprincesses View Post
HI stumbled upon your TR and read all your chapters courtesy of your convenient links! I enjoyed reading it and must say you have a beautiful family. I have 2 DD's of my own so reading your last chapter made me tear up! I hope my DD's will be like that one day (they are 3 and 16 months now). you can really see the joy on tinks face! priceless. I'm looking forward to reading more
Glad you found me here mom2disprincesses! I am glad you have been enjoying the report so far. I am about 1/2 through now I think and more is coming up soon!

Isn't it great having 2 DDs? I love it! I always wanted a sister and never got one so I am enjoying watching their relationship develop with each other. Moments like that one make it so wonderful!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #2183
meriann
Mouseketeer

Yea your back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just in time for ME TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 day baby!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #2184
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
Yea your back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just in time for ME TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 day baby!
WOohoo!

Excited for you Meri!

If I don't talk to you....have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #2185
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Quote:
Hey Annie, I am not sure about revealing the details.....so much is still up in the air that I am trying to not get excited about it. The kids don't know.....too much going on between now and then.....when is the Glow Party this year?
How exciting!!! A secret trip!!! Here is the glow party info at Pop!! Hopefully we'll bump into eachother again!!!

September 1st 10pm Fantasmic Meet..... since there are 2 Fantasmic that night it's perfect... we can all enjoy rides and meet at the less busy of the 2 shows

September 3rd Illuminations Meet....Location TBD (I'm thinkin Norway, was great viewing from there for us last year)

September 5th Glow II: The Bounceback Party(possible name).... 10pm till whenever...at the Hippy Dippy pool... near Petals
Old 07-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #2186
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

Lost your TR and just found it again! Soo. tell me what have I missed???
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #2187
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1995 View Post
How exciting!!! A secret trip!!! Here is the glow party info at Pop!! Hopefully we'll bump into eachother again!!!

September 1st 10pm Fantasmic Meet..... since there are 2 Fantasmic that night it's perfect... we can all enjoy rides and meet at the less busy of the 2 shows

September 3rd Illuminations Meet....Location TBD (I'm thinkin Norway, was great viewing from there for us last year)

September 5th Glow II: The Bounceback Party(possible name).... 10pm till whenever...at the Hippy Dippy pool... near Petals
Thanks Annie but it looks like we are going to miss you guys this year. Bad timing it would seem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
Lost your TR and just found it again! Soo. tell me what have I missed???
Hey Farrah! Nice to see you! Not much going on around here.....just me being really s-l-o-w with my trippie!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #2188
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 28 - Dinner Time!

After we wiped our happy tears from the girls’ “moment” we settled in for the 30 min wait we were told we’d have.

Not two minutes later they called us!

Score!

Or not.

They took us into the restaurant and promptly seated us in the little room behind the cooking area completely away from the action where you can’t even see what is going on.

Grrr.....

We sit down but I just can’t do it.....

“Excuse me, is it possible to be seated in the main dining area?”

“Only if you want to wait 45 mins to an hour.”

“We’ll wait.”

So we are taken back to the waiting area and order some drinks to occupy us (okay - just me but whatever) while we wait....

Drinks didn’t even make it to us (okay, me) before they called us back in....

Score!

For real this time!

Here is the view towards Magic Kingdom from our table.

Wasn’t long before both the food and the entertainment started.....

Here is Belle....

And Tink who incidently ate 2 bowls of the chicken wings herself!

The kids did the coconut races (fun but Belle cheated and kicked her coconut the whole way....), the limbo and just had an all around good time.

The food kept coming.....

and coming.....

and coming.....

Never seen so much food arrive at a table.

Just when you think you were done, they brought more!

The kids and HG got up and learned some dance moves and a song. I took pictures from my seat. Did I mention those drinks were strong?!!

Just as we were finishing dinner they lowered the lights and Wishes started over at the Magic Kingdom and we were able to watch it from our table. For some reason I didn’t take any pictures of it.....so unlike me!

We had originally planned on going down to the beach to watch but we were having such a good time in the restaurant we lost track of time. Oh well....it was magical from where we were....

When it was time to go we were planning on taking the monorail back to MK and then take a bus back to the hotel but we thought about the crowds leaving the park after the fireworks and decided to take a taxi back.

Best $20 we could have spent!

Made it back to the hotel and fell into bed exhausted from a long day and full tummies.

And I just have to add - the dresses were still white at the end of the day! Small miracle I know! Nothing got spilled on them all day long! Woohoo!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #2189
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Wonderful update...and those wings look good...I can see why she polished off 2 bowls by herself.

We weren't able to get into Ohana's this trip...darn it. Next one though!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #2190
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Sticky wings AND still white dresses?

Do you carry around large bibs that they wear?

LOL

Nice update...I need to get back to mine. Sigh.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: