Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #2146
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
Ok if your back we NEED a new update please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and I am down to 22 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, okay.....just for you Meri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post

Amen Meriann.....yes we need an update...

disneydad
I'm trying! Okay.....so I've done it....coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyphanatic1911 View Post
Great Report! It only took me two days to read it.
Welcome disneyphanatic! Glad you have been enjoying.....next chapter is coming up!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 05-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #2147
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Chapter 27 - One Of My Favourite Moments

So when I last left you we had just finished our mission to Mars and had made HG try on the silly hat.

Now it was time to head to the monorail and start making our way to dinner....

Where were we going?

Well, does this picture give you a hint?

Yep, that’s right - we are at the Poly! Ohana’s it is!

But this post isn’t about that. The next one will be but not yet....

We were going to go for a walk around to enjoy the grounds but as soon as we got there the skies opened up and the rain came pouring down. Figures.

Oh well.

Headed inside and wandered around and looked in the shops to pass the time until our ADR.

One thing that you should know about Tink is that she has an unusual name. Well, not really but she has a name that you never find on any of the personalized pens, pencils, necklaces.....that kind of stuff.
Belle has a name that you can find everywhere.

It can be an issue between them.

Anyways.....while we were looking in one of the stores in the Poly we found a necklace with Tink’s name on it!

And even better - it had Tinkerbelle on it!

I was going to get it for her but Belle was in a loving mood towards her sister and came up to me and whispered in my ear that she wanted to buy it for Tink with her own money.

I took her aside and asked her if she was sure because it would use up the rest of her spending money.....

Yes, she was sure.....

So, HG took Tink out of the store and Belle got it for her.

Packaged it up and hid it away for now. Belle wanted to wait for the perfect moment to give her sister her gift....

Headed back up stairs and checked in at Ohana’s. We were told to have a seat and so we did....

Belle couldn’t wait any longer and wanted to give Tink her gift.

Here are the photos of what happened. I think they say it better then I could....

May not seem like a big deal to some of you but Belle spent half of her spending money on it and after that purchase she had nothing left. I was so proud of her for thinking of her sister over herself. It did my mommy-heart good!

Yep, one of my favourite moments from the trip!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #2148
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

okay, tears here. should have given me a tissue alert!!!

How wonderfully happy Tink looks. And Belle is so happy that Tink is happy What a wonderful update!!!

ummm...okay, gotta go get more tissues.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #2149
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post

May not seem like a big deal to some of you but Belle spent half of her spending money on it and after that purchase she had nothing left. I was so proud of her for thinking of her sister over herself. It did my mommy-heart good!

Yep, one of my favourite moments from the trip!
So sweet!!!

°o°

Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #2150
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
okay, tears here. should have given me a tissue alert!!!

How wonderfully happy Tink looks. And Belle is so happy that Tink is happy What a wonderful update!!!

ummm...okay, gotta go get more tissues.
I'm sorry Cathy! I know I bawled my eyes out but didn't think it would do that to others! It was one of those "she really does love her" moments.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beana9802 View Post
So sweet!!!
Thanks Beana!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #2151
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

A testament to good parenting! Congratulations, Sarah! Your daughters are who they are because of you and your example! Your girls are beautiful on the inside as well as on the outisede! Way to go! I love it when my girls do that too! My mommy heart overflows and my eyes start to leak!

Last edited by Northern Disney Girl; 05-25-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #2152
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Great update Sarah...

and what a special story about sisters..mine have a tendancy to do that also...

its such a great feeling...

and going to poly to eat....I bet that was good@@@

and I think I saw that neckalace at the Glow party...

she was so excited about it...and I remember the look on belles face when sahe was showing it!!!!

keep um coming...

Disneydad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 05-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #2153
meriann
Mouseketeer

I agree, a tissue alert should have been posted. I am totally crying here. That is just TOOOOOOOO sweet espcially since I have a name that is NEVER spelled correctly on any personalized stuff. always with an A never an E.

She made this "auntie" very proud that is for sure.

I can't wait to hear about dinner. I didnt' make any ressies for the poly but since its across the street from our hotel I plan on eating a time or 2 at Capt Cooks. Some one said they have Hawaiin Pork and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #2154
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Awww, I loved that update!! Those pictures were priceless. You have such wonderful loving little girls. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #2155
mommyofthreeboys
DIS Veteran

That is priceless!!! The sweetness brought tears to my eyes!!!
September 2008-ASsp- Anniversary trip-just DH & I
April 25-30, 2009- BWV with a friend
March 21-25, 2010- first cruise! and a stay at POR and CS. On the Wonder.
January 3-8, 2011- 2nd cruise! On the Magic.
(41) (38) (20) (15) (13)
Old 05-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #2156
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Ok... thanks for bringing tears to my eyes.... Tears of happiness .... That was the most beautiful gesture from Belle to Tink... what a wonderful big sister... It really shows what wonderful morals you instilled in your girls, Alot of kids wouldn't stop to think of their Sib over themself.... Yay for you and HG Sarah... You have raised yourselves wonderful children... you can see how much the girls really love eachother by those pictures
Old 05-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #2157
cdotla
Trish

OMG - that is absolutely heartwarming and just about the most special moment I think a family could have!

Thank you so much for sharing that! You are right - those pictures do all the talking and speak volumes of the type of girls you have!

Last edited by cdotla; 05-25-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #2158
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Aww...how sweet!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #2159
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
A testament to good parenting! Congratulations, Sarah! Your daughters are who they are because of you and your example! Your girls are beautiful on the inside as well as on the outisede! Way to go! I love it when my girls do that too! My mommy heart overflows and my eyes start to leak!
Leaking eyes....that's exactly it! Thank you for your kind words....they really are wonderful girls. I love them so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
Great update Sarah...

and what a special story about sisters..mine have a tendancy to do that also...

its such a great feeling...

and going to poly to eat....I bet that was good@@@

and I think I saw that neckalace at the Glow party...

she was so excited about it...and I remember the look on belles face when sahe was showing it!!!!

keep um coming...

Disneydad
Thanks DDad! She was so proud of that necklace.....still is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
I agree, a tissue alert should have been posted. I am totally crying here. That is just TOOOOOOOO sweet espcially since I have a name that is NEVER spelled correctly on any personalized stuff. always with an A never an E.

She made this "auntie" very proud that is for sure.

I can't wait to hear about dinner. I didnt' make any ressies for the poly but since its across the street from our hotel I plan on eating a time or 2 at Capt Cooks. Some one said they have Hawaiin Pork and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that.
Sorry Meri - next time I will post the tissue alert just for you! She made me very proud, thats for sure....

Dinner will be in the next update....maybe before you go....I said maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Awww, I loved that update!! Those pictures were priceless. You have such wonderful loving little girls. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!
Thanks mrsk! I thought the pictures would say it better then I could! They are wonderful little girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofthreeboys View Post
That is priceless!!! The sweetness brought tears to my eyes!!!
Thanks so much.....brought tears to mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Ok... thanks for bringing tears to my eyes.... Tears of happiness .... That was the most beautiful gesture from Belle to Tink... what a wonderful big sister... It really shows what wonderful morals you instilled in your girls, Alot of kids wouldn't stop to think of their Sib over themself.... Yay for you and HG Sarah... You have raised yourselves wonderful children... you can see how much the girls really love eachother by those pictures
Thank you Tanya! They had so much fun on this trip together. It was just full of special memories....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #2160
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
OMG - that is absolutely heartwarming and just about the most special moment I think a family could have!

Thank you so much for sharing that! You are right - those pictures do all the talking and speak volumes of the type of girls you have!
Thank you so much cdotla! Your words are so kind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Aww...how sweet!
Thanks Hedy!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: