Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #1636
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
BTW it Seems like ya could have just Copied & Pasted your Vancouver Update...

Just saying!!!

The pics from...Vancouver & Disney on Ice???

I Know you have them...ya just are not sharing!!!

Mean Sarah...Mean !!!

I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #1637
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Okay fine....nothing like pressure.....here is my last weekend update.....

Time for Christmas to Start

Yep - I'm ready!

Had one of these in the holiday red cup the other day

Then this weekend was the offical start of the season!

We spent the weekend in Vancouver. Checking into the Hotel Vancouver we ran into our old friend Beau. He's always there and is aways happy to see the girls!

Went up to our room and then went for a swim. OKay, so the rest of the family swam and I sat in the hot tub but hey, it was cold!

After dinner it was time to head out for the big event of the evening - Disney on Ice! It was the Princess Wishes show and it was wonderful!

Here we are waiting for the show to start

The show was great but made us wish we were back in Disneyworld!

Tired little girls that night by the time we made it back to the hotel.....zzzzzz......

The next morning was the Business Objects Christmas Party!

For some reason, all our photos are out of focus - not sure why but oh well, you get the idea!

Having some brunch -

Time to meet Santa!

Making gingerbread girls....

Time for presents! Belle got a crystal growing kit and Tink got a disney digital camera! Thanks Santa!

After the party we went for one more swim - well, some of us swam and one of us soaked! Then it was time to head up to the room to watch the Santa Claus Parade from our window!

Just as it was about to start one of us decided it was time to leave. Not naming names but the rest of us didn't want to go....oh well....getting out of the city was interesting with all the road closures due to the parade but we eventually got home.

What a great way to kick off the season!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #1638
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun weekend in Vancouver. You all looked great in your holiday party clothes.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #1639
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

I didn't even miss an update! Well, not one from the WDW trip anyway!

Were you waiting for me to get back from the world?
Well, I'm home and all caught up so please... carry on!

Last edited by lovebuzzandwoody; 12-01-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: You did post one after I left but I secretly read it from Tampa!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #1640
Leger13
DIS Veteran

great update about your mini trip. I love the picture of you and the girls infront of the xmas tree. yall are so cute! what a great way to get in the christmas spirit.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #1641
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

No Pressure!!!

You don't have to post it!!!

Oh yeah ya just did!!!

BTW ...Belle & Tink....Very cute Pics...

& hey HG doesn't look bad Either....

Wait I meant something completely Different!@!!

Looks like ya'll had fun!!!1

& Disney on Ice...& the Santa Parade....

I am Jealous...

I wish I was their!!!

No Fair!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW

Last edited by OhMari; 12-11-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #1642
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I just love the picture of the girls in front of the tree where Belle is standing in third position with absolutely PERFECT turnout! She's such a little diva!!

Thanks for the fun update... your girls are lucky to be able to experience so much with their family!!

When are you getting back to your WDW report? Just kidding.. I think it's funny that you are harrassed so much on your own report!!

Take your time!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only,2015 My First Half Marathon,2015 Spring Break Cruise

ME DH DS 14 DD 8
Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #1643
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yeah!!!

Okay, Tink and Bell Look So pretty. Tink hair is so cute with all of those curls.

All of you girls look beautiful!!!!

You better not let Drew see these pics of Belle, or he might be on the next plan to Canada

That totally stinks you didn't get to see the parade.......

The pic with the girls in front of the Christmas Tree would make a great Christmas Card
Old 12-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #1644
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post

Welcome back Love!!! You've been missed, can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your pics!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #1645
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Great mini trp report Sarah. I loved the pics, the girls looked adorable so dressed up formally like that. How sweet, you and your hubby looked great too! What a nice experience and too bad you didn't see the Santa Parade. How was disney on ice, great I'll bet!

Did you try the Disney Digital Camera yet? We were curious how it was as we bought the VTech Digital Camera for DGS.

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #1646
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Sounds like a fun weekend in Vancouver. You all looked great in your holiday party clothes.
Thanks Lessa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post

Welcome back Love....and as for an update....well....I was waiting for you to come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
great update about your mini trip. I love the picture of you and the girls infront of the xmas tree. yall are so cute! what a great way to get in the christmas spirit.
It was a great start to Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post

No Pressure!!!

You don't have to post it!!!

Oh yeah ya just did!!!

BTW ...Belle & Tink....Very cute Pics...

& hey HG doesn't look bad Either....

Wait I meant something completely Different!@!!

Looks like ya'll had fun!!!1

& Disney on Ice...& the Santa Parade....

I am Jealous...

I wish I was their!!!

No Fair!!!

No pressure you say.....hahahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I just love the picture of the girls in front of the tree where Belle is standing in third position with absolutely PERFECT turnout! She's such a little diva!!

Thanks for the fun update... your girls are lucky to be able to experience so much with their family!!

When are you getting back to your WDW report? Just kidding.. I think it's funny that you are harrassed so much on your own report!!

Take your time!
Ya, that perfect turnout is causing me great heartache right now! My baby is leaving me.....ahhh......

I'll get back to my Disney report some day.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yeah!!!

Okay, Tink and Bell Look So pretty. Tink hair is so cute with all of those curls.

All of you girls look beautiful!!!!

You better not let Drew see these pics of Belle, or he might be on the next plan to Canada

That totally stinks you didn't get to see the parade.......

The pic with the girls in front of the Christmas Tree would make a great Christmas Card
You stop it Sharky about that!

It did stink about the parade....he was in a mood.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Great mini trp report Sarah. I loved the pics, the girls looked adorable so dressed up formally like that. How sweet, you and your hubby looked great too! What a nice experience and too bad you didn't see the Santa Parade. How was disney on ice, great I'll bet!

Did you try the Disney Digital Camera yet? We were curious how it was as we bought the VTech Digital Camera for DGS.
Disney on ice was fabulous! We knew someone who was in it so that made it even better....one of the girls from Tink's figure skating club was playing Belle so that was cool to see her in it!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #1647
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

What great shots!! focus'd or not.... the girls look beautiful as ever!!!

Mini and I are going to Princess Wishes next friday... we're quite excited.... and now even more!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #1648
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
What great shots!! focus'd or not.... the girls look beautiful as ever!!!

Mini and I are going to Princess Wishes next friday... we're quite excited.... and now even more!!!
Have fun and wave at Belle for us!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #1649
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

The Trip Chapter 12 - Moving along

So it would seem I have to post an update as you are all turning on me here! Nothing like a little peer pressure to get me to do something!

When I last left you the girls had just opened the park - yippee!

The CMs took their AK shirts from them and gave them their Year Of A Million Dreams certificate and they put on their Honorary Citizens buttons and we were off!

Stopped and visitied with a gecko that a CM was showing to people - he was a cute little one. See!

Then we started making our way over towards the tree for a pic!

Then we new we had to boogie and get over to Expedition Everest and sore some fast passes for later! Didn't want to do it first thing - needed to warm up to it a bit as I don't like big drops but I was going to do it!

Fast passes in hand we headed over to the Safari to go visit our friends the hippos!

This time it was my turn to time the line up!

The line up wasn't long and I asked which side of the vehicle Tink should sit on for best hippo viewing. Left side I was told! So left side it was....

I'll spare you all the many, many animal photos because well, you've all got your own and ours are exactly the same!

Okay, Tink is insisting I post one hippo photo so here it is....

When we were getting close to the end our truck had to stop as there were rhinos in the road! Too cool! They finally moved off the road but just as we were starting to move again one decided to come up and rub against the truck right beside Belle! She wasn't sure whether she should laugh or crawl over top of us to get away from it!

Soon we saved Big Red from the poachers and reunited Little Red with his momma and our adventure was over.

Grabbed some fast passes to do it again later and headed over to the trail to go see the hippos under water. Tink was excited about this as she wanted to see their feet as they were swimming but sadly - only 1 was in the water and he was at the far end of the pool and you couldn't see him.

Wandered a little further and took some pics

Then we came to the meercats! Saw this cute little guy

Then the CM that was there telling everyone about them said he is actually hunting right now and there was a field mouse approaching and what was about to happen was not Disney magic so if we did not want our children to see, we should move along.

So we did.

Came out of the trail and had a potty break....

then we ran into these guys!

Time for us to head back over and try to conquer Mt. Everest!

Turned in our fast passes and were immediately put into a car. Good things we didn't have to wait because I think the rest of my family would have bailed on me!

Went up, up, up.....

Met a Yeti.....

Went backwards really fast.....

AHHHHhhhhhh.....

Then came downnnnnnnn........

Ahhhhhhhh......

After the big drop Tink says to me "Mommy, I don't like this ride"

Sorry baby.....

Pulled back into the station and Belle and HG looked at me and said "never again"

Bunch of party poopers!

Probably be the only time I ever get to ride it because they will never do it again and I don't think some random stranger would want me grabbing onto them as we ride! Sad but true....

Took the photo of the photo....

Then into the gift shop. We got the girls Yeti pins as proof that they rode it. I wanted to get HG the shirt that says "screamed like a girl" but he wasn't having anything to do with it.....even if it was true!

Took a couple of photos outside....

and then it was time to move along....

By this point Belle was starting to melt down. No food will do that to her so we figured we should get lunch. The rest of us weren't terribly hungry but she was getting difficult to be around so.....well we also would beat all the crazy lunch lines if we ate a little early.

We were right by the Pizzafari place I think so decided to go in there.

Chicken caeser salad

The chicken sandwhich

And the kids cheese quesadillas

Too much food!

Ate what we wanted and headed back out with our frozen lemonades to go get in line for Finding Nemo!

We loved the Lion King show when were here last time and were hoping that Nemo would be just as good.

And it was!

No pictures because we weren't allow to take any. Not that it stopped most people from doing it but I was being a rule follower that day!

We wondered around for awhile and took some pics. Not sure why we didn't really get on any rides - not usually our style but we didn't.

By this point it was getting hot.

Really hot.

And while I love the heat - the rest of my family doesn't do so well in it so we decided to leave AK and head to an air conditoned bus....

Why is it so much hotter at AK then the other parks. I don't understand it completely but it really is.

Anyways....off to the bus and headed for Epcot!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #1650
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

Fabulous update. Your girls truly are beautiful. Much like their Mom.
PLEEEEEEEZE try and not make us wait so long for the next one. Always a pleasure to read.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: