Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #121
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina90744 View Post
Chrislei:

Just found your trip report!! Love your countdown ticker, I'm gonna get cracking on something like yours! Your kids are too cute!! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your pre-trip adventures!
Hi Sabrina!!!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. The Countdown Ticker was super easy to make. If you need any tips just let me know, I'll be glad to help out.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #122
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Hi Sabrina!!!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. The Countdown Ticker was super easy to make. If you need any tips just let me know, I'll be glad to help out.
Thanks ChrisLei, help would be great!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #123
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Bumping you were all the way on page 3

Old 08-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #124
ChrisLei

Quote:
Bumping you were all the way on page 3
Thanks Sabrina!

Instructions for Countdown Timer

1- Go to your friendly neighborhood Home Depot and collect 22 Mickey Paint Chips (If it is more than a year then add accordingly).

2- Use Stickers or a Sharpie pen (I don't advice using ink since it doesn't dry well) and number 2 sets of Mickey heads 0-9, and 2 Mickey heads with the #1 and #2. (If you have more than 299 days to go add more heads respectfully).

3- Obtain a piece of heavy chipboard approximately 8" x 11". (The Sturdier the better since the paint chips are heavy)

4- Adhere a piece of your color choice cardstock onto the chipboard.

5- Fold the cardstocked chipboard in two the long way. (Try to get a really nice crease. This way it will stand up properly once you add the Paint Chips)

6- Using a hole punch (I have a scrapbooking tool called a "ClickIt") punch 3 holes equal distance about 1 1/2 " from the crease on both sides.

7. At this point you can add torn pieces of cardstock to your "stand" and ink if you wish. (I also added pieces of coordinating ribbon)

8. Using stickers or stamps write your title across the bottom.

9. Decorate empty spaces with Disney Stickers or Rubons. (I used a little of both).

10. Punch a hole in between each of your Mickey Heads.

11. Using 3 key chain links, add numbers 1-3(or higher if it is more than 400 days) and attach to decorated chipboard. Do the same for #0-9 in second hole, and finally, again, on the last hole.

12- Voila! You have just created a Countdown Ticker that is decorative and occupies a small space in your home.

Hope it is easy enough to follow! Enjoy everyone!

One thing I ask, if you do create one, please share a pic on the post. I'd love to see it!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #125
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the instructions. We are definitely going to make one!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM   #126
ChrisLei

Quote:
Thanks for the instructions. We are definitely going to make one!
Your welcome! Have fun!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 AM   #127
ChrisLei

WOOHOO!!!! DH and I did a Kids Flea Market this weekend and earned an extra $100 for the our Disney money fund! We merely sold kids clothes since I was not feeling up to digging through our storage room for more finds. (Still feeling under the weather from the weekend). But I think we did pretty darn good if I may say so myself! LOL

We are convinced....although Princess ArieL walked the whole Magic Kingdom without ever once complaining that she was tired or wanted to be carried, the same can not be said for Stitch!

Yesterday we went to the boardwalk....kinda like an end of summer horrah if you will. Normally I drive there and take out the stroller and have Stitch hop in....he is LAZY. But this time I went with my friend/coleader Pam and her girls in her car. I drove to her house so we could all ride in one car and just search for one spot instead of 2. When I opened the back of the car so I can transfer the stroller, it wasn't there. Prince Charming must of forgotten to put it back in after the sale. No worries, it shouldn't be too bad.

Wrong! Not only did he have a major meltdown when he got regular popcorn instead of caramel corn (He asked for regular....then ate one popcorn and then firmly stated he didn't want it anymore, he wanted caramel corn....which I didn't give him. Hey, money doesnt grow on trees!) But he complained the whole walk back to the car that he wanted to be carried.

Now Stitch is a peanut, but there is no way we are going to carry him....he still weighs something! So we dragged him all the way back to the car. Prince Charming thought we can get away with no stroller. NOPE! We are taking the giraffe print stroller to Disney, no questions! LOL

Can't wait for these two to wake up! I need a Disney store fix!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #128
ChrisLei

60 DAYS!!!!

And in commeration of our 60 day mark, I went to the Disney Store and found these goodies!

I had seen them on DisneyShopping.com when the shirts were $4.99 each. I thought these would be perfect for Prince Charming and I to wear on our first day there....HALLOWEEN! The kids will be in costumes, so we can wear some festive tshirts. Well, shipping was incredibly expensive for just 2 tshirts...so I passed.

Well, I suppose they were meant to be our attire for that day! When I went to the mall yesterday, I had to stop in the Disney Store to see what goodies they had on sale! And sure enough in the back corner....these 2 tshirts greeted me! They yelled "Take Me With You!!!" I couldn't deny them that opportunity....

Prince Charming is working from home and even he joined in the WOOHOOs! when Princess ArieL switched the Countdown Ticker to 60 days!!! It's getting closer and closer
!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 09-02-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #129
calanniebu
... you're never to old to love a little pooh bear ... wonders if the tag fairy will tag the newbies ...
sales are good - I'm the queen of them :-) and it looks like the Tag Fairy answered your question!

Here's a few more for ya: WOO HOO!!!
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #130
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Those are great shirts for you and prince charming!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #131
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Fashion Fate!!

Congrats on 60 Days!!!

Kathy
Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #132
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by calanniebu View Post

Here's a few more for ya: WOO HOO!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! It is so exciting the closer it gets! This morning I was telling Princess ArieL, "Princess you know what is so much fun about it being September???? The fact that we can say next month we are going to DISNEYWORLD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Those are great shirts for you and prince charming!!!

Thanks! It will make it feel more festive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Fashion Fate!!

Congrats on 60 Days!!!

Kathy

That is what it is!!! Fashion Fate! LOL I have to go tell Prince Charming that one! Only true Disney fans understand it!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #133
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Love the shirts, good find! Yay 60 days!! :banana

Old 09-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #134
ChrisLei

49 Days Till Disney!!!!

The days are just breezing on by!!! School is back in session and extra curriculars are getting on thier way!

First off was Girl Scouts on Friday. I am the troop leader for Princess ArieL's troop. So most of the week I was running around getting the items together for thier projects. Normally, we would not be holding meetings in September since we do not have access to the school till October. But imagine my surprise when I went to a leader meeting in late August and was told that for thier camping trip the girls need to #1- Make a 2 foot tall Native American person...#2- The girls have to put together am informational board on a Native American tribe....#3 They have to make swaps to swap with other troops. Did I mention that the camping trip is in September? And we don't have access to the school till OCTOBER!!!! I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. We always get informed of things at the last minute. I guess it is a Girl Scout way to test us how prepared we can be when things are sprung on us.

Dance also started for Princess ArieL. She loves it, of course! She is taking ballet, tap, jazz, and hip hop. Stitch was undecided if he wanted to do soccer. Now he is on again. That thankfully doesn't start till next week. And unfortunately I will AGAIN miss his first game since it is the same day as the GS camping trip.

So all these activities are helping in making the countdown go by quicker!

We had our last yard sale of the year. And we made an additional $100 to take to Disney! WOOHOO!!!! There is nothing like effortlessly making spending money for this trip!

Next on my agenda is putting together a DIS Meet for the cruise portion of the trip. Princess ArieL will be meeting alot of girls her age at the kids club which is awesome! She is hoping to become pen pals with a few after the trip.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #135
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Getting closer

I remember being a boy scout leader and getting things sprung on me that's never fun.... but we manage

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: