Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #106
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlady View Post
Hi ChrisLei
Just "discovered" your pre-trip report. Loved reading it. Keep up the good work. DH and I will be on the cruise with you, and I've been visiting the Nov 4 "who's going" thread. It's great to find someone else who is so excited about the cruise, but then you get a few days at the world beforehand. You lucky girl you. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to meet.
Keep on writing...................
Kris! Thanks so much for visiting and for the sweet comments. I am having a ball writing this up. And we are way too excited. Everyone around us just say "Oh no they are not talking about that trip AGAIN!!!" I guess that is the main reason I started this report. My fellow DISer's can relate to the massive excitement!

Oh my Gosh, we will be on the same cruise! We definitely have to try our best to meet up. Who will you be cruising with?

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #107
Henlady
DIS Veteran

It will just be DH & I for the Cruise. We're both in our mid 50's. This is our second Disney cruise. After the first, DH will not even consider another cruise line. But then he (and I) are disney vacation fanatics. We're traveling to Florida via the Auto Train and staying overnight in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise. We will be at the terminal when they open. Can't wait.
81 days is still toooo looonnnggg.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #108
ChrisLei

Quote:
It will just be DH & I for the Cruise. We're both in our mid 50's. This is our second Disney cruise. After the first, DH will not even consider another cruise line. But then he (and I) are disney vacation fanatics. We're traveling to Florida via the Auto Train and staying overnight in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise. We will be at the terminal when they open. Can't wait.
81 days is still toooo looonnnggg.
It'll be here before you know it! For me, I am getting excited for school to start because then the days will breeze by since I will be so busy with school, dance, girl scouts, CCD, soccer.....

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #109
ChrisLei

FINALLY Decided Touring Plan for Day 2 & 3

I knew that we would be going to Epcot on Thursday and Friday....It's a big place, I want to make sure we take our time and really experience it. But I was a little stressed thinking what we would do each day.

Day 2 happens to be our first day at the parks. We have breakfast with the princesses scheduled bright and early. This day we also managed to get lunch at Le Cellier. Do we do the countries that day?? Or do we do Future World?

One thing was the deciding factor.....ILLUMINATIONS. That and the fact that Day 4 is Magic Kingdom day.

So how did these two seemingly different things factor in my decision? Well we have 8am ressies for Crystal Palace on Day 4. And we want to see Illuminations which means that we will not be leaving the parks till late. We will need to rest up for our commando touring of MK. In order to assure that we have adequate rest, Illuminations will need to be seen on Day 2.

Since we will be in Epcot prior to the rope drop on Day 2, we will be in the perfect vantage point to score FastPasses for Soarin and ride Test Track first thing. This means we can hopefully hit at least 3 if not 4 rides before our lunch ressies at Le Cellier. Then we can continue exploring Future World before going to secure a spot for Illuminations. We are not really heavy eaters, and since we would have had 2 sit downs already this day, we will pick up a couple of items from the Food & Wine Festival for dinner.

Day 3 we will sleep in a little later since World Showcase doesn't open till 10am and then take our trip around the world. Lunch will be more sampling of the World Showcase and maybe a quick counter service if we are really hungry, and then have dinner at Chef de France. After dinner we will make our way back to the resort to rest up for the next day.....MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!

So what do you think?

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #110
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post

So what do you think?
I think your plan sounds very sensible; its not wise to try to burn the candle at both ends, especially with kids! If you do, you hit that wall real hard!!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #111
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:

Awww...I LOVE Princess ArieL's new costume! It's so cute and a very good deal for $20! Very princessy!

I'm so happy you get to eat at Le Cellier (especially since you'll get to try the niagra refresher!...and that pretzel bread is soo good!).
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #112
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Quote:
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]
One thing was the deciding factor.....ILLUMINATIONS.
Love your pre-trip! You're going to have a great time.

Good decision on Illuminations. That will be a long day at Epcot, but you'll be able to get a lot done. Once, at the end of a day like that, my very D DH told me and the kids to walk from the bridge between France and England (from which we'd watched Illuminations) over to the Beach Club. He fought the post-Illuminations crowd back to the parking lot by himself, then drove over to pick us up at the BC porte cochere. It's a very easy walk to the BC -- and best of all, peaceful. (Much faster to walk -- the boat stops at the Boardwalk first.)

I've even heard of people who didn't have a car at WDW doing the same BC-exit and taking a cab from the BC to their resort. Those bus stops at Epcot are murder after Illuminations. And the cab is under $10. Not a lot to pay for a peaceful end to the evening.

Your two early breakfasts are going to give you the chance to take some wonderful photos with no background passersby!

Sharla
A Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World
www.WDWscrapbook.com
Old 08-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #113
ChrisLei

Hi Everyone!

I was off on a mini vacay to CT. We visited my brother in Derby and attended a minor league baseball game in Bridgeport that Prince Charming's company was co-hosting a Family Day Event at. Had LOADS of fun! Even got a former Major League Players autographed ball (Carl Evert...I probably spelled the name wrong...sorry).

Then we visited Stitch's godfather and family in thier new home in Norwalk. Beautiful home and had a great time there.

Of course Princess ArieL needed to be certain the moment we walked in the door that they had the Disney Channel....for it was Friday and the much anticpated premiere was that evening! You know we can't miss that! (Even though they have shown it every evening since! )

But by far the most exciting had to be my run to the ER yesterday morning. I had been having pain in my right side since dinner the night before. I thought....hey it's gas it'll pass quickly.

With a fitful sleep and awakening with the same stabbing pain at 6am, I figured I did not want to take any chances of it being something more serious. So we all packed in the van to the ER. Turns out after having a CAT Scan, ultrasound, blood and urine analysis...that they couldn't figure out what it was. Possibly gastritis or the beginnings of an ulcer. So my appendix, kidneys, gall bladder all checked out fine, thank goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I think your plan sounds very sensible; its not wise to try to burn the candle at both ends, especially with kids! If you do, you hit that wall real hard!!
Oh yeah! And with Stitch, he can fall really hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Awww...I LOVE Princess ArieL's new costume! It's so cute and a very good deal for $20! Very princessy!

I'm so happy you get to eat at Le Cellier (especially since you'll get to try the niagra refresher!...and that pretzel bread is soo good!).
We are really excited about this ressie too! Will definitely try the Niagra Refresher. Can't wait to sample the items on the menu since everyone seems to rave about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
Love your pre-trip! You're going to have a great time.

Good decision on Illuminations. That will be a long day at Epcot, but you'll be able to get a lot done. Once, at the end of a day like that, my very D DH told me and the kids to walk from the bridge between France and England (from which we'd watched Illuminations) over to the Beach Club. He fought the post-Illuminations crowd back to the parking lot by himself, then drove over to pick us up at the BC porte cochere. It's a very easy walk to the BC -- and best of all, peaceful. (Much faster to walk -- the boat stops at the Boardwalk first.)

I've even heard of people who didn't have a car at WDW doing the same BC-exit and taking a cab from the BC to their resort. Those bus stops at Epcot are murder after Illuminations. And the cab is under $10. Not a lot to pay for a peaceful end to the evening.

Your two early breakfasts are going to give you the chance to take some wonderful photos with no background passersby!

Sharla
A Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World
www.WDWscrapbook.com
Hi Sharla! Thanks for reading up!

Ms. Plannaholic me, wants to get those perfect pics with no background passerbys so that was the main reason for doing these early morning ADR's . That and of course the princesses. I am the avid scrapaholic that is always in search of the perfect pic. So hopefully I can accomplish it!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #114
ChrisLei

WOOHOO!!!!
TODAY IS 70 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!!!

At midnight it was also our 75 day mark for the Disney Cruise. OK...what gives with Day # 75, huh? For those that don't know why #75 is so special....well, for first time cruisers that means the day you can make your reservations for the spa, excursions, Oceaneers Clubs, and the ever important dining reservations for PALO.

I didn't care if I got ressies for the glassbottom boat trip, or the snorkeling in Castaway Cay....as long as I can get PALOS. That is the one thing Mike and I are looking forward to. US time on the ship in celebration of our 10 years of wedded bliss.

Making these ressies would require me to set up my alarm clock at the awful time of 2:50am. Unlike Disney Dining reservations where ADR's can be sought at 7am Eastern Time, Disney Cruise Lines Reservations open up at 12am Pacific Time. So for us East Coasters that meant 3am. I decided that 10 minutes would give me enough time to boot up the computer and be poised and ready.

I logged in and went straight to the website....entered my confimation number and date of birth and the system was all go. I took the tips from all the veteran cruisers on the DIS ( Thanks guys!) and went straight on the attack for Palo.

The system took forever! Normally I love seeing the fishy's form the Mickey head, but now I was getting a bit perturbed at it. "What is going on???" I wanted to yell at the screen. (Of course I didn't do this since I was on the laptop in bed and Prince Charming would be none to happy if I woke him with my yelling at the screen...so I kept it to myself).

After what seemed like centuries, I was brought to the screen showing the times. My heart dropped! All the dinners were taken, which was OK since I really wasn't interested in that. But as I scrolled down the screen all the brunches were booked up too. .......

'cept for one!!! My prayers were answered! I knew I couldn't be picky with the time so I was all ready to accept any time slot, but I was really hoping to get the noon reservations. I figured since it was a Day at Sea, we can sleep in instead of getting up early to make it to our brunch. As I scrolled down, all the way at the bottom of the screen was an opening for Noon-1:30pm reservation for PALOS!!!

I let out a yelp, but covered my mouth to muffle the noise. Prince Charming stirred, but promptly went back to his snoring symphony.

I was in heaven! I quickly pressed the confirm button and secured our noon time ressies. After that it was a piece of cake. I booked our Nassau Historic Tour, our Glassbottom Boat trip for Nassau as well...I booked a snorkeling excursion for Princess ArieL and I and tubes for all of us to lounge and feel the motion of the ocean. Lastly I signed up Stitch and Princess ArieL to the Oceaneers Club/Lab.

We are offically ready for our Disney Cruise!!!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #115
calanniebu
... you're never to old to love a little pooh bear ... wonders if the tag fairy will tag the newbies ...
sales are good - I'm the queen of them :-) and it looks like the Tag Fairy answered your question!

Quote:
WOOHOO!!!!

That says it all! Are you sure you don't want to take me along to watch the kids while you two celebrate?
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
Old 08-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #116
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Great job on your ressies!!! Sounds like alot of fun!!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #117
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by calanniebu View Post

That says it all! Are you sure you don't want to take me along to watch the kids while you two celebrate?
Sure! You can come as a stowaway! Then the kids would have a buddy to play with and I will have a partner in crime to select pics to purchase and more importantly scrapbook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Great job on your ressies!!! Sounds like alot of fun!!
Thanks! It was fun getting the ressies, but now I am so incredibly SLEEPY!!!! But not sleepy enough not to let out another WOOOOHOOO!!!!!!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #118
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Chrislei:

Just found your trip report!! Love your countdown ticker, I'm gonna get cracking on something like yours! Your kids are too cute!! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your pre-trip adventures!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #119
Henlady
DIS Veteran

Hi ChrisLei
Glad you got your Palo Brunch ressie. We'll be there - Palo - from 11:30 to 1:00, so hopefully we'll pass each other hitting the buffet - stay away from those crab legs though, they're mine . There is also another Dis'er over on the Nov 4 cruise boards who will be there from 11 to 12:30 (I believe that is the correct time). We may have to have a "eat and greet" at the Palo Brunch.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #120
ChrisLei

Quote:
Hi ChrisLei
Glad you got your Palo Brunch ressie. We'll be there - Palo - from 11:30 to 1:00, so hopefully we'll pass each other hitting the buffet - stay away from those crab legs though, they're mine . There is also another Dis'er over on the Nov 4 cruise boards who will be there from 11 to 12:30 (I believe that is the correct time). We may have to have a "eat and greet" at the Palo Brunch.
Actually a quick meet and greet at Palo would be a wonderful idea! We'll have to set it up!

Well since you will be there earlier than us, leave us a couple of crab legs, OK!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: