Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #91
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
Hello!

We are arriving one day after you - so we are reaching the double digit dance too!

I thought I read that YOMD was extended through Dec 31, 2007. Does anyone know????

I love my UG and Passporter books too! I went and got them both when we decided to book our trip. Happy Reading!
WOOHOO! You can join in the dance since tomorrow is your 100 day mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am having a hard enough time knowing that my landmark Matterhorn won't be there and that my beloved IASW isn't as cool. To muck up my head with the "new" Tiki Room would leave me with no other alternative but therapy.

Yay you!!!! You will be in nirvana tomorrow when you hit double digits!
Thanks we can't wait!

Now that would be WONDERFUL if the promotion is extended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Well, some people look at the glass as half-empty while others look at the glass as half-full.....

Your DH just picked it up and dumped in over your head!!

If it makes you feel any better, we were there last November and although we saw lots of Dreams, we never had any bestowed upon us. It didn't bother me (much), because just being at Disney again was a dream come true!

Whoo-hoo on reaching double digits tomorrow!!
Yeah tell me about it! I am still soaking wet!

Like you, just being at Disney is a dream come true. If it is extended as Jenny mentioned that would be an unexpected surprise!

Almost in double digits! Mere hours from double digits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
I've been considering them too for a while now.... I think I may be convinced now... Passporter here I come... Unnofficial guide.. probably too...
Tanya it is so worth it...the two of them! They practically go hand in hand. You won't be disappointed! (Listen to me...Ms. Enabler! )

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #92
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Hi ChrisLei, Love your thread. I was just wondering if you looked into the MNSSHP for the first night that you are at Disney? We have been and it is a lot of fun. The kids get to dress up and trick or treat at MK and ride the rides.I don't recall seeing anyone suggest that or you saying that you were going. It's just an other suggestion.
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #93
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
Hi ChrisLei, Love your thread. I was just wondering if you looked into the MNSSHP for the first night that you are at Disney? We have been and it is a lot of fun. The kids get to dress up and trick or treat at MK and ride the rides.I don't recall seeing anyone suggest that or you saying that you were going. It's just an other suggestion.
Hi there Missy! Thanks for stopping by! Glad you love the pretrippie so far!

I looked into the MNSSHP and decided to pass on it this year. Although I know it will be loads of fun, DH loves to spend a day exploring the resort and visiting DTD. Since we are only there for 3 actual park days prior to the cruise, we decided that day 1 would be our resort & DTD day. We figured we would relax a bit before our first full park day.

Who am I kidding right??? Relax is not in my vocabulary! LOL Princess ArieL is scheduled to go to BBB, Stitch is going to go wild at the Lego Store, and Prince Charming is looking forward to dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. We will do a little trick or treating around DTD and then HOPEFULLY get back to the resort by 9:30pm to get to dream about the next day!

Maybe next time we can schedule MNSSHP or (I am really really going to work on this one in a couple of years) MVMCP!!!!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #94
ChrisLei

OHHHHH YEAHHHH BABY!!!!!
There's no looking back now....We're in the double digits!!!!!

Princess ArieL was beaming, as you can see. You would have thought it was the final number one! She was too darn cute!

In honor of double digits, I have finalized our Day 1 itinerary. Having that passporter staring at me...just waiting to be filled in....inspired me. Of course it may be tweaked a bit before then...hopefully not by much though.

Day 1
4:30am- Wake Up! Rise & Shine! Disney Time!

5:30am- Pack up the car and head to the airport.

6:30am- Arrive and check in at airport. Prince Charming will return rent a car. Grab some breakfast.

8:00am- Flight Departs. Disney Here We Come!!!!

11:00am- Arrive at Orlando International Airport. Look for Disney Magical Express.

12:00pm- Check In at Port Orleans French Quarter.

12:30pm- Lunch Time & Taking a Dip In the Pool.

3:00pm- Check Out Our Room and Take Our Showers

4:00pm- Head to Boat to Downtown Disney

4:30pm- Princess ArieL makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

5:00pm- Trick or Treating!

7:00pm- Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe

9:00pm- Head Back to Room, & Sweet Dreams! Day 1 of Parks Dancing In Our Heads!

So what do you all think?

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #95
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Thumbs up Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
4:30pm- Princess ArieL makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
5:00pm- Trick or Treating!

Did I miss what ArieL is going to be for Halloween? (Obviously one of the princesses, right?)

I think your itinerary is great! You've built in fun activities as well as relaxation so you can unwind from your travel.

Kathy
Old 07-25-2007, 05:46 AM   #96
ChrisLei

Quote:
Did I miss what ArieL is going to be for Halloween? (Obviously one of the princesses, right?)

I think your itinerary is great! You've built in fun activities as well as relaxation so you can unwind from your travel.

Kathy
Thanks! I know with all the excitement of arriving at Disney we will be so wound up it will be hard to relax though

Princess ArieL is going to be Ariel, The Little Mermaid herself! LOL

Stitch is going to be the Red Power Ranger from Mystic Force.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #97
ChrisLei

Didn't Save On a Costume After All

Kathy is a very perceptive reader! She recalled that earlier in our plans I had not mentioned a costume for Princess ArieL....well that is because I didn't. If you may recall, she had planned to wear one of her recital costumes and be a ballerina Princess.

When did this change???

Well....

A couple of weeks ago she was looking through our scrapbooks and in true Planner fashion, took out her notepad and started writing down what costume she wore each year for Halloween....

1st- Winnie the Pooh

2nd- Snow White

3rd- Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz

4th- Raggedy Ann

5th- Minnie Mouse

6th- Sleeping Beauty

7th- Cinderella

8th- Jasmine

In between she also had a 5th Birthday Princess Gala where all the girls invited came dressed as thier favorite Princess and she was Belle.

I was afraid of what was up in that complicated little mind of hers. But I didn't say a word.

About 20 minutes later, I discovered what it was.

Princess ArieL- Mom, you know I have been every princess but one.
Tink- Really? That's something.

Princess ArieL- I have yet to be ArieL. Your very favorite of all the princesses.
Ugh Oh.... she was pulling out all the stops. How can life go on if she never dressed as her mom's all time favorite princess? Our pet Cocketeil birds tweet "Part of Your World" for me every morning because they know I absolutely LOVE The Little Mermaid. (They are very smart! I got them as babies and hand fed them and Prince Charming thought I was a loon when I was teaching them to sing Disney songs. He was shocked when at 4 months, Babe, started tweeting them!)

Princess ArieL- So Mom, I was thinking I can be ArieL this Halloween.

Tink- But I thought you were going to be a beautiful Ballerina Princess?
Princess ArieL- Well, we are going to be at Disney. So I want to be a Disney character. Stitch is going to be the red Power Ranger and that is a Disney MGM character. I would love to be a Disney character too. She is the only Princess I haven't dressed up as. Please Mom.

Uh oh! She got me. What am I to do? So I emailed Prince Charming.

He sent me a LOL I knew she would eventually want a real costume. We should have bet money on it! LOL

Thank goodness we didn't, I would have lost big time!

I really didn't want to spend $100 on a costume from the Disney store. so I searched EBAY and asked Princess ArieL if she would like this costume.

Thankfully, she loved it. So it only cost us $20 and she gets to be a princess yet again! And my favorite one at that!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 07-25-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #98
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Great pre-trippie

Subscribing to this, keep up the good work.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #99
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeUK View Post
Great pre-trippie

Subscribing to this, keep up the good work.
Thanks Kaylee!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #100
ChrisLei

Guess What?!?!?!

Today is a special milestone....

Can you guess what it is??????

I am bursting at the seams!

Today is our 90 day mark!!!!!!

Here is Princess ArieL and Stitch. (we just arrived home from Princess ArieL's summer dance class.)

So what did we do to celebrate this big event? We paid off our trip of course. We still had 3 weeks to do so, but me being the big planner wanted to make sure that Disney had thier money way in advance in order to assure that I will have no problems making reservations for dining and excursions for our cruise.

How exciting! Days are ticking by quicker than I expected!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #101
KathyRN137

I know practically nothing about the Disney cruises...what excursions are you planning??

Kathy
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #102
ChrisLei

Quote:
I know practically nothing about the Disney cruises...what excursions are you planning??

Kathy
The only one we know for sure is snorkeling at Castaway Cay. We are trying to decide if we want to book an excursion while we are in Nassau. Still not sure.

We definitely want to book a brunch at Palos. That is the adults only restaurant on the ship. Everyone that goes there RAVES about it. I am praying that we can get ressies for it before we get there. I would be so stressed to have to wait till the day we arrive to try to get them then.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #103
KathyRN137

Awesome. Have the kids been practicing their snorkeling in the pool??

Kathy
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #104
Henlady
DIS Veteran

Hi ChrisLei
Just "discovered" your pre-trip report. Loved reading it. Keep up the good work. DH and I will be on the cruise with you, and I've been visiting the Nov 4 "who's going" thread. It's great to find someone else who is so excited about the cruise, but then you get a few days at the world beforehand. You lucky girl you. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to meet.
Keep on writing...................

Old 08-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #105
ChrisLei

Quote:
Awesome. Have the kids been practicing their snorkeling in the pool??

Kathy
Oh Yes! Princess ArieL has been practicing. Stitch....well...Stitch has a Glitch! LOL He doesn't do water too well, like the character he is named for. So Princess Ariel and I will be snorkeling and then switching up with Prince Charming. She saw pics of the hidden Mickey and wants to find it.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: