Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #76
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Niagra Refresher, hmm! Sounds very thirst quenching. What is it exactly? May have to make a quick stop to try one!
Now it's called something boring like "Mango Smoothie with a Splash of Cranberry," but a few years ago it was called the niagra refresher, and so it will always be for me! It is really refreshing, and it comes out in the prettiest glass!

And hooray for your passports!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #77
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Oh no! I am going to be so bummed about the Tiki Room! I loved the old one. It was a must do anytime I went with my Uncle Disney, and I started the tradition with Princess ArieL and Stitch.
I've never seen the original Tiki Room show, so I can't make any comparisons. I will tell you that my DS loves the current show and howls with laughter when Iago makes his appearance!

Word of warning: There is a very loud, potentially scary part that involves the angry Tiki gods...thunder, lightning, etc. If either of the kids is skittish about loud noises or storms, then consider skipping it.

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #78
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am not even going to do the "new" Tiki Room. Since I won't have any Disney fix for at least another years, I can't have the "new" Tiki Room be my memory. I will just have to wait for December 2009 at the earliest for a Tiki fix.
I can't say that I blame you. I really can't bear to see a change for the worse in my beloved Tiki Room show. There are just some things at Disney that they should go with the old motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." For me it's the Tiki Room and Mr. Toad's Wild Adventure. Wow How I miss that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
Loving your Pre Trippie! I keep saying I should get a passport...In May I almost booked a short cruise last minute but then couldn't b/c I didn't have a passport.
Time to get on the ball

Keep it coming..Your kiddos are adorable!
Thank you Miss Michelle! I would say get it before you need it. I have seen tons of people complaining at the PO that they haven't recieved thiers and they paid for rush delivery for a fast approaching trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Now it's called something boring like "Mango Smoothie with a Splash of Cranberry," but a few years ago it was called the niagra refresher, and so it will always be for me! It is really refreshing, and it comes out in the prettiest glass!

And hooray for your passports!
Oh yes! A drink after my own heart! I simply adore Mango anything! I wonder if its possible for me to get a "to go" Niagra Refresher since I don't have any ressies for Le Cellier. That place is on our to do list for next visit. Unless....maybe I can convince Prince Charming that we can do it on this trip....

Time for some sweet talking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I've never seen the original Tiki Room show, so I can't make any comparisons. I will tell you that my DS loves the current show and howls with laughter when Iago makes his appearance!

Word of warning: There is a very loud, potentially scary part that involves the angry Tiki gods...thunder, lightning, etc. If either of the kids is skittish about loud noises or storms, then consider skipping it.

Kathy
Thanks for the warning Kathy! Stitch is definitely afraid of loud noises and is not at all a fan of thunder and lightning. In fact, he is extremely afraid of them. So I guess I will be passing on the Tiki Room this visit.

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #79
KathyRN137

Quote:
Thanks for the warning Kathy! Stitch is definitely afraid of loud noises and is not at all a fan of thunder and lightning. In fact, he is extremely afraid of them. So I guess I will be passing on the Tiki Room this visit.

You're welcome! In fact, I remember a couple of families needing to leave when their kids started crying. Funny how you always hear warnings about Snow White's Scary Adventures and It's Tough to be a Bug, but no one ever mentions the Tiki Room as having "scare potential".

Kathy
Old 07-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #80
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We Finally Got Them!!!!

Boy am I glad that I paid heed to my mother-in-law's gentle prodding for us to order our passports back in March. We just recieved them today!
Glad you got your Passports. I got mine a couple of years back when they first said everyone had to have them. My then-boyfriend is from the Cayman Islands and we had planned to go. We ended up not going and they ended up changing the year that the Passport restrictions went into effect, so I was kinda mad I went ahead and got it. But now that I am hearing how long it is taking, I am glad I went ahead and did it! So if any cool trip out of the country pops up, I can go, no problem!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #81
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Glad to have found your trip report! I am loving it so far!

I am currently waiting for 1 passport right now too. I have 3 of ours but my youngest's had expired because she was under 3 when her original one was issued so it was only good for 2 years instead of 5! Yikes! It should be here in the next week or two so we should be fine but still.....I'll feel better when I have it in my hot little hands! I'd hate to have to leave her at home! Hahahhaha!! I wouldn't....well.....no, I wouldn't!

As for your questions....I'm trying to rememeber them....

1. I think it was arrival day activities. Well, seeing as we are coming in internationaly we never seem to get in before 10pm so we shower and sleep! How's that for boring!

2. How did I learn about the Disboards? From a scrapbooking site! 2peas to be exact! Yes, I share not only your obsession for Disney but also the one for scrapbooking and paper crafting!

3. First Disney experience. I think I have these out of order - sorry. Anyways, my first time at Disney was in California and I was about 5 or 6 at the time. We were robbed. Seriously. Took everything so the vacation came to a complete and total end very abruptly. Wasn't a great experience.

4. Fav snack - gotta go with a Dole Whip! I love me some frozen pineapple yumminess!

I feel like I missed a question. Sorry!

Keep the pre-trippie coming!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #82
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Glad you got your Passports. I got mine a couple of years back when they first said everyone had to have them. My then-boyfriend is from the Cayman Islands and we had planned to go. We ended up not going and they ended up changing the year that the Passport restrictions went into effect, so I was kinda mad I went ahead and got it. But now that I am hearing how long it is taking, I am glad I went ahead and did it! So if any cool trip out of the country pops up, I can go, no problem!
One thing for sure you will be ready for a spur of the moment Disney Cruise!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #83
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hi there! Glad to have found your trip report! I am loving it so far!

I am currently waiting for 1 passport right now too. I have 3 of ours but my youngest's had expired because she was under 3 when her original one was issued so it was only good for 2 years instead of 5! Yikes! It should be here in the next week or two so we should be fine but still.....I'll feel better when I have it in my hot little hands! I'd hate to have to leave her at home! Hahahhaha!! I wouldn't....well.....no, I wouldn't!

As for your questions....I'm trying to rememeber them....

1. I think it was arrival day activities. Well, seeing as we are coming in internationaly we never seem to get in before 10pm so we shower and sleep! How's that for boring!

2. How did I learn about the Disboards? From a scrapbooking site! 2peas to be exact! Yes, I share not only your obsession for Disney but also the one for scrapbooking and paper crafting!

3. First Disney experience. I think I have these out of order - sorry. Anyways, my first time at Disney was in California and I was about 5 or 6 at the time. We were robbed. Seriously. Took everything so the vacation came to a complete and total end very abruptly. Wasn't a great experience.

4. Fav snack - gotta go with a Dole Whip! I love me some frozen pineapple yumminess!

I feel like I missed a question. Sorry!

Keep the pre-trippie coming!
Welcome Sarah!

A fellow Disneyholic-Scrapaholic! WOOHOO!!!!

We are currently waiting for Prince Charming's passport renewal. He didn't send his in at the same time as ours since he felt that ours have to go through all the scrutiny because we are first time applicants and he feels his will be quicker since it is just a renewal. He's not worried....but I can't help biting my nails!

I'll have to go over to your pretrippie and see what happened during your California trip. I so want to go to Disneyland (one of these years) but everyone tells me it doesn't compare to Disney World.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #84
LizAgna
DIS Veteran

I love your pre-trippie!! I love to scrapbook too...I recently counted and my girls' books from our trip last year have over 350 pics in them...I'm sure the ones from our recent trip will have more!

Thanks again for reading my TR!!
6/1991 Off-site Honeymoon - 2/2001 ASMo...DD#1's first trip - 1/2006 POP...DD#2's first trip - 6/2007 POP KOTS Surprise Birthday Trip for Our Girls!! - 2/2008 ASSp...40th Birthday Trip for Me & DH...Another Surprise for the Girls!! - 8/2008 ASSp...Quick Weekend Trip with Friends - 5/2009 CSR...Our new favorite resort!! - 11/2009 POP...Our first MVMCP!! - 9/2010 AKL...Our first MNSSHP & Free Dining!! - 3/2011 Pop...Spring Break Girl's Trip!!

DH Me DD15 DD8
Old 07-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #85
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
I love your pre-trippie!! I love to scrapbook too...I recently counted and my girls' books from our trip last year have over 350 pics in them...I'm sure the ones from our recent trip will have more!

Thanks again for reading my TR!!
THanks for stopping by!

Wow that is alot of pics. I will have to count how many pics I have in our last album. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as many! Disney scrapbooks are so much fun to create since there is an abundance of items out there. Couple that with all the swaps that I host and join, they turn out amazing!

I think this time I am going to make 2. One for the Disney resort portion and one for the cruise portion. I have already purchased 2 memory cards for my digicam so that I don't freak out when I am reaching my capacity! LOL

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #86
ChrisLei

WOOHOO! Do You Know What Today Is?????

Today is our 100 day mark! Today is our last day of triple digit numbers. As of tomorrow, we are well under way in the world of the double digits! Yeah Baby!!!

Princess ArieL woke up this morning and made a beeline down the stairs in order to be the first to turn the ticker. Her eyes were beaming! Then she turned to me and said "Mom, this Countdown Timer is the best!"

I have a confession to make.....

After hearing rave reviews on other trip reports, and comtemplating if I should do it....I finally broke down. I batted my eyelashes at Prince Charming and asked him to do what I thought I would never do....

I had him order this:
I am now the proud owner of the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World and the Disney Passporter. It arrived on Friday and I have been feverishly reading them.

One thing I must say: Where have I been?!?! I can't believe I have never perused one of these books. I absolutely LOVE them! And to prove how Princess ArieL is a mini me, she has been reading it too! Like mother, like daughter!

There was one thing I read that crushed my heart though. The Year of a Million Dreams will be over effective September 30th, 2007. Be still my heart! I was so looking forward to the glimmer of possibility that we would be chosen for Dream Fast Passes. Prince Charming tried to comfort me by saying, with our luck we wouldn't have gotten picked anyway. Gee, I feel much better.....

I have to also add that I added another ADR. We are having lunch at Le Cellier on November 1st. We couldn't get dinner since this is restaurant is so hot! But no matter, what I wanted to order at dinner is still served at lunch. And I can also get the awesome smoothie AGPrincess described earlier (Thanks Emma!)

Since today the day is crummy out with forecast of there not being a chance of it clearing up, I am going to get us all together so we can go see Ratiotoille (I know I just totally mis-spelled that, but you know what I mean!)

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #87
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

Hello!

We are arriving one day after you - so we are reaching the double digit dance too!

I thought I read that YOMD was extended through Dec 31, 2007. Does anyone know????

I love my UG and Passporter books too! I went and got them both when we decided to book our trip. Happy Reading!

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #88
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
I can't say that I blame you. I really can't bear to see a change for the worse in my beloved Tiki Room show. There are just some things at Disney that they should go with the old motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." For me it's the Tiki Room and Mr. Toad's Wild Adventure. Wow How I miss that!

I am having a hard enough time knowing that my landmark Matterhorn won't be there and that my beloved IASW isn't as cool. To muck up my head with the "new" Tiki Room would leave me with no other alternative but therapy.

Quote:
WOOHOO! Do You Know What Today Is?????

Today is our 100 day mark! Today is our last day of triple digit numbers. As of tomorrow, we are well under way in the world of the double digits! Yeah Baby!!!

Princess ArieL woke up this morning and made a beeline down the stairs in order to be the first to turn the ticker. Her eyes were beaming! Then she turned to me and said "Mom, this Countdown Timer is the best!"

I have a confession to make.....

After hearing rave reviews on other trip reports, and comtemplating if I should do it....I finally broke down. I batted my eyelashes at Prince Charming and asked him to do what I thought I would never do....

I had him order this:
I am now the proud owner of the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World and the Disney Passporter. It arrived on Friday and I have been feverishly reading them.

One thing I must say: Where have I been?!?! I can't believe I have never perused one of these books. I absolutely LOVE them! And to prove how Princess ArieL is a mini me, she has been reading it too! Like mother, like daughter!

There was one thing I read that crushed my heart though. The Year of a Million Dreams will be over effective September 30th, 2007. Be still my heart! I was so looking forward to the glimmer of possibility that we would be chosen for Dream Fast Passes. Prince Charming tried to comfort me by saying, with our luck we wouldn't have gotten picked anyway. Gee, I feel much better.....

I have to also add that I added another ADR. We are having lunch at Le Cellier on November 1st. We couldn't get dinner since this is restaurant is so hot! But no matter, what I wanted to order at dinner is still served at lunch. And I can also get the awesome smoothie AGPrincess described earlier (Thanks Emma!)

Since today the day is crummy out with forecast of there not being a chance of it clearing up, I am going to get us all together so we can go see Ratiotoille (I know I just totally mis-spelled that, but you know what I mean!)

Yay you!!!! You will be in nirvana tomorrow when you hit double digits!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #89
KathyRN137

Quote:
[B][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]
I was so looking forward to the glimmer of possibility that we would be chosen for Dream Fast Passes. Prince Charming tried to comfort me by saying, with our luck we wouldn't have gotten picked anyway. Gee, I feel much better.....

Well, some people look at the glass as half-empty while others look at the glass as half-full.....

Your DH just picked it up and dumped in over your head!!

If it makes you feel any better, we were there last November and although we saw lots of Dreams, we never had any bestowed upon us. It didn't bother me (much), because just being at Disney again was a dream come true!

Whoo-hoo on reaching double digits tomorrow!!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #90
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

I've been considering them too for a while now.... I think I may be convinced now... Passporter here I come... Unnofficial guide.. probably too...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: