Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #61
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

I'd pick a DW float too... yummy!!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #62
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

My Snack Selection....

Roasted sugared almonds.

(I've never had a Dole Whip Float.)

But, then again, I'm not that crazy about pineapple....

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #63
momtoccc
DIS Veteran

A churro!
(I've never had Dole Whip either but I'm going to have one in Nov )

Orlando Bound - June 2014!

Previous Trips to WDW - 2012, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1995, 1987
Sea World/Aquatica March 2011

Mother/Daughter trip to DisneyLand - March 2010
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #64
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
I'd pick a DW float too... yummy!!
I can just taste it now! LOL The first time I tried it was on our last trip (Nov 2005). I could not believe that I had never known about it! I found out through the DIS boards. So glad I did. Now it will become a tradition to pick one up to snack on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Roasted sugared almonds.

(I've never had a Dole Whip Float.)

But, then again, I'm not that crazy about pineapple....

Kathy

Yum roasted sugar almonds! I've never had them at Disney, but definitely buy them when I am in NYC. It is impossible to pass a cart without being tantalized by the aroma and buying a bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoccc View Post
A churro!
(I've never had Dole Whip either but I'm going to have one in Nov )
My sister absolutely adores churros! Have you ever had it with vanilla bean ice cream? Delicious!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #65
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLei View Post
Lucky Thing for Princess ArieL's Daily Scan of the Calendar, We Got Our Dining Reservations!!

I must say, I am forever thankful for Princess ArieL's routine of looking at my kitchen calendar and letting me know what was on the agenda for the day. For if it wasn't for her, we probably wouldn't have gotten the dining ressies we did!

So much was going on in May when our 180 day dining reservation window opened up. I was in the middle of planning Princess ArieL's 1st Communion Luncheon which hit a MAJOR speed bump!

We decided that since live most of our guests live 90 miles away, we would rent a hall and have a all day shin-ding. A lunch at a restaurant would be way too short. We rented a VFW location that we had used on 3 prior occasions. (Princess ArieL's 5th Birthday Princess Gala, Stitch's Christening Luncheon and his 1st Birthday Bash). The hall was a perfect size for the 40 guests we were expecting.
Now I should say that after the first time we rented the place, we would just put in a call, tell them the date we wanted, and secure our date. So for this event we did the same. However, a couple of months prior, I had this little uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach that said "Hey Tink, go check out the hall".

I called to make an appointment to see the locale. I arrived promptly at 6pm to find the place was still closed. I called the number on the door and was told that the bartender for the bar downstairs was out sick. No Prob. I rescheduled. But this happened again...twice!

I am now starting to panic. I have to see the hall especially since that feeling in my stomach has now escalated to a shrill cry in my head! Prince Charming tries his best to put my mind at ease. "You are a master decorator. Besides we have rented this place 3 times before, what can be so different?"

ALOT!!!!

My mom had arrived from FL the night before and she helped me pack up the van with all the decorations and items we would need for transforming the hall into an elegant garden themed Communion party.

When we arrived at the hall it was closed. NO WAY!!!! Now I am starting to fume! 5 minutes later the bartender arrives and opens the door to the hall for us. Lets just say, I would have been happier had he never arrived!

I walked in to find total chaos! It seems that since the last time I rented to hall, they had purchased a wall to wall length shuffle board AND not 1 but 2 pool tables! Where was I to set up the tables??? And there was no way you can move these montrosities! Add to that, the hall was FILTHY!!!! Remnants of the food crumbs from the last party to rent the hall was all over the floor. Sticky areas of where soda was spilled were caked on the floor as well. And the bathrooms were horrendous.

My OCD and panic attack kicked in! What was I going to do! One of the most important days in Princess ArieL's life can not be celebrated in these conditions!

Mom and Prince Charming saw the tears start flowing and stopped in thier tracks. I looked at them and stated "The party will be in our house, there is no way I am paying for this! They need to pay US to clean this filth."

So we went home and kicked into high gear! We emptied one of the rooms in no time flat. Went to Costco and purchased tables and chairs, then came home and transformed the room into "the hall". Of course I then spent the rest of the evening calling all our guests and telling them that the location has been moved.

In the middle of all this, Princess ArieL, comes over to me and says "Mom, your calendar says Disney Dining Reservations. What does that mean?"

OMG!!! In all the stress induced madness I forgot about calling Disney Dining. I was about to cry! I immediately picked up the phone and called.

Lucky for us, we got what we wanted!

October 31- Chef Mickeys (will be changed to Wolfgang Puck when the 60 day window opens)
November 1st- Princess Storybook Breakfast
November 2nd- Chef De France
November 3rd- Crystal Palace Breakfast
Kona Cafe Dinner

Your ADRs look terrific! I am so glad you got what you wanted!

Quote:
Monday Question of the Week

I love finding out tips, suggestions, and enlightening moments of fellow DIS buddies! So I will start posting a Disney related question for my fellow buddies to answer as a fun way to get to know a little more about what makes Disney Exciting for us all. Here goes!

If the Genie were to ask you what one Disney snack you would like at this very moment, what would it be?

For me, it would definitely be a Dole Whip Float! YUMMMMMMMO!

Dole Whip Float here too! Mmmmm......................I am SO going to miss enjoying a float inside the Tiki Room. I have heard that the "new" Tiki Room is pure blasphemy!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 07-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #66
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Your ADRs look terrific! I am so glad you got what you wanted!

Dole Whip Float here too! Mmmmm......................I am SO going to miss enjoying a float inside the Tiki Room. I have heard that the "new" Tiki Room is pure blasphemy!
Thanks!

Oh no! I am going to be so bummed about the Tiki Room! I loved the old one. It was a must do anytime I went with my Uncle Disney, and I started the tradition with Princess ArieL and Stitch.

You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back!

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #67
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Monday Question of the Week

I love finding out tips, suggestions, and enlightening moments of fellow DIS buddies! So I will start posting a Disney related question for my fellow buddies to answer as a fun way to get to know a little more about what makes Disney Exciting for us all. Here goes!

If the Genie were to ask you what one Disney snack you would like at this very moment, what would it be?

For me, it would definitely be a Dole Whip Float! YUMMMMMMMO!
Although, I love the Dole Whips, my fave WDW snack, and the one I want right this minute, is a Mickey Bar!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #68
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Although, I love the Dole Whips, my fave WDW snack, and the one I want right this minute, is a Mickey Bar!
You and Princess ArieL both! On the way home from dance she asked me if the supermarket sells them. I had no idea. So we went, but suffice to say the answer is no. She can't wait to eat one!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #69
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

I LOVE your trip report!! ArieL sounds like a Disney Princess girl after my own heart...I'm so excited for her that she's going to BBB...can't wait to hear ALL about it!

AND, I love you questions...can I answer?

Three Things to Do on Day #1 (no parks) -- 1.Go to Downtown Disney and get an original from the Earl of Sandwich and a cookie from Goofy's Candy Kitchen
2.Scope out the resort gift shop for any new must-have Disney paraphanalia.
3.Find a hammock to sit in

Snack I want the Genie to bring me right now -- A niagra refresher from Le Cellier. YUM!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #70
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
I LOVE your trip report!! ArieL sounds like a Disney Princess girl after my own heart...I'm so excited for her that she's going to BBB...can't wait to hear ALL about it!

AND, I love you questions...can I answer?

Three Things to Do on Day #1 (no parks) -- 1.Go to Downtown Disney and get an original from the Earl of Sandwich and a cookie from Goofy's Candy Kitchen
2.Scope out the resort gift shop for any new must-have Disney paraphanalia.
3.Find a hammock to sit in

Snack I want the Genie to bring me right now -- A niagra refresher from Le Cellier. YUM!
Hi there Emma! Glad you got a chance to visit my trippie.

I am going to have to see if the Earl of Sandwich is on the Disney Dining plan because everyone seems to RAVE about thier Original. We were going to dine at the resort but I think we will just have to make a quick trip to DTD to pick up lunch instead! Then we will come back and explore the resort.

Niagra Refresher, hmm! Sounds very thirst quenching. What is it exactly? May have to make a quick stop to try one!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #71
ChrisLei

We Finally Got Them!!!!

Boy am I glad that I paid heed to my mother-in-law's gentle prodding for us to order our passports back in March. We just recieved them today!

Behold, a pic of Princess ArieL, Stitch, and I with our brand spanking new passports!

My mom has been hounding me since I was in college to get a passport. I never thought I would have the need for it...at least not in college anyway. There were no whirlwind trips to Europe on my horizon. And the only trips that I planned to take were within United States territories or our friendly neighbor to the south (Cancun) in which all I required was a valid driver's license.

Prince Charming, having been in the military, always had a passport. So he was in the clear.

So when my MIL saw the news reports stating that if you are cruising to any territory that is not affiliateed with the US you would need a passport, she freaked! See, she watches the news religiously. She also happens to be from South America, so she knows the crisis one may have if your paperwork isn't in order. Couple that with all the extreme shows where everything is super exaggerated, and you have the makings of a full blown panic attack!

MIL- Do you and the kids have passports yet?

Tink- No...not yet. We don't leave till Oct anyway so we have plenty of time.

MIL- (grabs my arm) Oh no! You have to order them now! They will leave you in whatever country you are visiting.

Tink- Oh come on! It's no big deal. I have my license.

MIL- NO! You don't look at the news???

Tink- Sure....enough to put me to sleep before bed....

MIL- They said that if you don't have a valid passport they will not allow you to come back into the states. You will have to end up staying in whatever country or island you are visiting and lord knows what will happen to you. You and the kids being American and all. They will sell you off to Al Qaida or something.

Tink- We have time Mom don't worry about it....

MIL- You HAVE to get them now. It is taking a long long time.

Tink- Alright, Alright, I will get them.

This conversation took place in March. To put her mind at ease, I went to the local post office the next day (March 10) and ordered passports for myself and the two tikes. I was TOLD it would only take 10 weeks.

Was I sweating when the 10 weeks came and went and we didn't have our passports. MIL was right! They are taking forever. Would we even get them before the trip!

So imagine how happy I was when I opened the mailbox today and 3 priority mail envies were there....approximately 16 weeks later.

What a relief! Now MIL will breathe a sigh of relief too! She can sleep soundly knowing that Princess ArieL, Stitch, and I will not be banished to the Bahamas forever.

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Last edited by ChrisLei; 07-19-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #72
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

I still have to ever get a passport... your MIL would have a field day w/ me lol

Great pic of you and the kids
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #73
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Thanks!

Oh no! I am going to be so bummed about the Tiki Room! I loved the old one. It was a must do anytime I went with my Uncle Disney, and I started the tradition with Princess ArieL and Stitch.

You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back!

I am not even going to do the "new" Tiki Room. Since I won't have any Disney fix for at least another years, I can't have the "new" Tiki Room be my memory. I will just have to wait for December 2009 at the earliest for a Tiki fix.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #74
ChrisLei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
I still have to ever get a passport... your MIL would have a field day w/ me lol

Great pic of you and the kids
Oh yes, she definitely will! You had to see her tsking whenever she asked if we had recieved our passports yet. I still can't believe it took this long!

Thanks for the compliment!

Trip Report In Progress:

Past Trip Reports:

Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #75
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Loving your Pre Trippie! I keep saying I should get a passport...In May I almost booked a short cruise last minute but then couldn't b/c I didn't have a passport.
Time to get on the ball

Keep it coming..Your kiddos are adorable!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: